Where will Ohio State be ranked after they beat USC on Saturday?

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member
You could see from their play against Navy that the Buckeyes are looking forward to the Trojans coming to town. Barkley is gonna find out playing in Columbus ain't like playing San Jose State. Navy would have killed San Jose State too. The Buckeyes will be No. 2 after Saturday. They should be No. 1 but college football world is SO enamored with Florida. I wish the Gators would have played USC these past three years, cause Pete Carroll's team would have kicked their ass.

Storm

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Where will Ohio State be ranked after they beat USC on Saturday?

USC see Buckeyes as their "lil bitch" They will Bitch slap them hard...again

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Ohhhh what a goodie this will be.:houra

Storm

EOG Enthusiast

USC open at minus 6.5

You picked USC as the #1 team in the country and now you pick Ohio State? What is with you? The #1 team in the country can not have a loss in week 2. Don't try to make excuses for a crappy Ohio State team. They may win on Saturday, but they will not be #1 or 2. Flordia and TExas have that reserved for them. Ohio State would get the caca kicked out of them no matter which one of these teams they play.

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

I think by midseason USC will be No. 1. They won't be voted there cause a loss in week two, as you point out, dooms that chance. It's just right now, with Barkley having never been through 100,000 screaming Columbus fans is gonna be outplayed by Pryor who is the case ace. USC is no. 1 every year. But I don't underestimate the impact of a freak like Pryor. Don't let that Navy game fool you. Pryor took Ohio State to an 8-1 record last year after taking over the reins and came within 14 seconds of beating Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

Toe, Being a Big 10 fan I hope you are right that OSU was looking ahead against Navy, But I'm not convinced.

I was disappointed in their team speed last week. USC may just be to fast for them again this year.

global24

EOG Veteran

I think by midseason USC will be No. 1. They won't be voted there cause a loss in week two, as you point out, dooms that chance. It's just right now, with Barkley having never been through 100,000 screaming Columbus fans is gonna be outplayed by Pryor who is the case ace. USC is no. 1 every year. But I don't underestimate the impact of a freak like Pryor. Don't let that Navy game fool you. Pryor took Ohio State to an 8-1 record last year after taking over the reins and came within 14 seconds of beating Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

I am in the same boat with you and do thinks OSU wins straight up. The only question mark is that offensive line. OSU does have some play makers on offense.

I think USC is going to get a wake up call when they have to play in the horse shoe at night. It isn't like going to cal, it is going to be LOUD, real loud. People may reference last weeks score against San Jose State but SJSU just lost the best defensive players that program ever had to the NFL. Plus having a frosh QB, wide eyed and up all night, nervous about the next days game. This is going to be the first time in his collegiate career he goes across country and has to stay in a hotel room which is something totally different than what he is used to and something else he has to deal with mentally. This is another element soime are overlooking when they are capping this game.

Should be a fun game to watch:cheers

underarmour

EOG Enthusiast

You could see from their play against Navy that the Buckeyes are looking forward to the Trojans coming to town. Barkley is gonna find out playing in Columbus ain't like playing San Jose State. Navy would have killed San Jose State too. The Buckeyes will be No. 2 after Saturday. They should be No. 1 but college football world is SO enamored with Florida. I wish the Gators would have played USC these past three years, cause Pete Carroll's team would have kicked their ass.

You don't sound one bit coherant! Why in the world would A Big 10 team who has won 1 BCS game in five years be ranked number one. College football is enamored with Florida, Texas and USC BECAUSE they win their BCS games.
We shall see what happens in Columbus on Saturday, I guarantee though it will be nothing like the Trojans manhandling of the Buckeyes last year in LA.

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

I'm all up for the Buckeyes for one reason. Terrelle Pryor. You can't understate the impact of a guy this good on a college team. Especially a team like OSU with a winning program year in and year out. He will elevate them to the top.

You are in love with Pryor. He did nothing against the Navy. He still can not throw the ball. Ohio State has a winning program because they play in a losing conference. When was the last time a Big 10 team won a BCS game? I'll give you a hint. The MWC and WAC have done better recently, not to mention every BCS Conference.

underarmour

EOG Enthusiast

I think Pryor is going to be good, but Saturday shows he has some work to do. If Navy can slow him down and get some picks, USC shall do the same. I know Columbus can be a tough place to play but based on the facts, USC has to be my play this week. Barkley is a stud and has much potential to be great as Pryor. I know, its all smoke out my ass until some big games like Saturdays validate what I am saying. Ohio State looked extremely slow to me, Trojans by seven. Good luck to your Buckeyes though!

underarmour

EOG Enthusiast

You are in love with Pryor. He did nothing against the Navy. He still can not throw the ball. Ohio State has a winning program because they play in a losing conference. When was the last time a Big 10 team won a BCS game? I'll give you a hint. The MWC and WAC have done better recently, not to mention every BCS Conference.

BCS wins in the last 5 years
MWC 2
Wac 1
Big 10 1

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Say Big Daddy, If you can't see Pryor's talent then your opinion about football lacks any credibility. He's not called a freak for nothing. You ever heard of a qb who didn't have a less than stellar game, especially looking ahead to a huge rematch the next week? Check out the dude's games from last year. Go on You Tube. Watch Saturday.

underarmour

EOG Enthusiast

Toejamsky, this week is a perfect time for Pryor to showcase his talent. If Ohio State plays like they did in the Fiesta bowl they have a legitimate chance of winning. Given on the last performace, Pryor still has to develop. All the athleticism in the world doesn't make up for poor reads!

I think Prior does well when he plays against inferior players, When he plays against teams with equal talent to OSU he suffers...Look at the PSU game last year.

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

He played alright against Penn State and against Texas. Plus he was just a freshman asked to take over a team that looked like shit at the begining of the year.

Toe, let's get one thing straight. You, of all people, can not talk about credibility because you have none. If you think you do, then perhaps you can explain why you do not deserve to be committed (football speaking) for your stupid statement about USC always being the #1 team in the nation. You are obvioiusly a rather sick person, when it comes to football. You know nothing about the game. You know about the history of the game, but that is it. If Ohio State loses to USC, you will be run off this board. If USC loses to Ohio State, you will be run off this board. It takes talent to put yourself in a lose-lose situation, but that is exactly what you have just done. You do not know crap about football, and have proven it. The next thing you will tell meis that Pryor will go #1 in the Pro Draft. You really should stop buying that cheap weed and crack man. How may times do you have to be warned?

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Say Big Daddy, This is your third opportunity to explain how you can put usc in your top 25 (top five for all I know) and in the same breath say they are gonna lose four games. You still haven't explained that which is no less "rather sick" than me explaining I think USC has the best program, the best team year in and year out. But just answer the question already. Cause right now it's a case of the pot calling the kettle.........

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Hold on man. Does Big Daddy have the power to run me off cause he doesn't like my posts. I'm not insulting anyone. He went nuts cause I included michigan in my top 25 before last week's game and now we can see there are other guys who think big blue is gonna be back. You some kind of tyrant Big Daddy! But what's with banning threats?

buckeyes4life

EOG Member

Being a columbus native, living here for 32 years, i am as big a buckeye fan as they come. I laid down units on Navy in week 1 because i know how tressel thinks. He wasnt going to run up the score on them, and he is very conservative. Point shown - sitting pryor for a few series when up a few scores.

That being said, playing in the shoe at night is as hard as they come. USC has to travel across the country and play in a very hostile environment. OSU wants revenge for their loss AT usc last year when they had a freshman QB in pryor come in and spark a little offense when Boeckman faced the #1 defense in the nation. We were without our star running back and the offense had to rely on the pass, which USC defends well. Pryor broke off some nice runs, but his arm was still developing.

This year their USC's defense is going to miss all those players that went to the NFL. McKnight is a beast, one of the best in the country. Watching OSU defense against Navy was a little disheartening, we will miss Laurinaitis and Jenkins on defense this year.

I believe both offense's have some weapons, Pryor may have the edge because he can run and pass. Mcknight is going to get his too. I believe it comes down to the 4th quarter - who still has the drive left.

Hard to pick here, being so biased with my buckeyes, but i think the line is going to peak around -10? in which case my money will be with the buckeyes.

buckeyes4life

EOG Member

I think Prior does well when he plays against inferior players, When he plays against teams with equal talent to OSU he suffers...Look at the PSU game last year.

he has developed well in the offseason IMO. He came into a hostile environment at USC last year and broke off some nice runs. Penn State clearly outplayed us - and Coach P has put together a great team, they will be hard to beat in happy valley this year.

Pryor will step up this year and hopefully stay one more year to develop into an outstanding QB, if he stays 3 years at OSU - he will be drafted high as he already has the running ability and he's the right height at 6'6", and his arm will be compared to Vick coming out of college.

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Hard to pick here, being so biased with my buckeyes, but i think the line is going to peak around -10? in which case my money will be with the buckeyes.

Great write up, but I think the line is gonna move the other way. It was 10 1/2 last year with Trojans at home so I figure, if it moves it all, it will go down.

Toe, I'm not banning you at all. Feel free to rant and rave all you like. I did toss you out of the poll, but that is only because you said that USC ALWAYS is the best team in the country, and stupidity like that will not be tolerated in my poll. As far as what I said about USC, again you read what you want through your pot infested eyes. I said they could lose up to 4 games. I never said that they would. I also downgraded that to 3 games after watching Oregon get wacked around like somebodies bitch at Boise. Stop putting words in my mouth. You see, unlike you, who made the stupidest statement in EOG history earlier today, I can see both ends of the coin. When things are unproven, I tend to wait until there is more evidence, one way of another. You, on the other hand, like most people of your talents, refuse to believe anything that goes against your warped, unrealistic, and untrue thoughts. No one in their right mind believes that USC is the best team in the past 6 years. No one in their right mind believes that their loss to Texas was a fluke. Obviously you are the product of some real bad drugs. Guys, this is what drugs do to you. They work your mind so that statements like the one Toe made become common place. I guesss it would be a public service to have you run in for drug possession, but I am retired, and out of that business now. Besides, where you live, no one would notice that you were missing.

Like I said, you are going to catch hell in here no matter who wins the USC-Ohio State game. If USC wins, you will hear all about Pryor and what a poor job he did. If Ohio State wins you will hear about how the "greatest team ever" isn't quite that great. Only a person with a very limited amount of football knowledge could paint themseles into that kind of corner. It is a lose-lose situation for you, but then that is what boasters like yourself always do. Put yourselves in untennable situations and then disappear. Just do us a favor and do not start crying in here after Saturday. You have lose either way, so you have plenty of time to think about an excuse for both teams.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

guys, everybody knows I'm an Ohio State fan but lets be a little fair to the Big Ten...their BCS games have come essentially AT USC(rose bowl) and in the BCS National Championship games....if they were playing in the Orange Bowls or Sugar Bowls or Fiesta Bowls, their record would be just fine

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

As far as what I said about USC, again you read what you want through your pot infested eyes. I said they could lose up to 4 games. I never said that they would. I also downgraded that to 3 games after watching Oregon get wacked around like somebodies bitch at Boise.

Of course you said they "could lose." Only someone high on your drug of choice crack would say they "will" lose. But if you figure a team "could lose" three or four how do you put them in your top 25 or more likely you had them in your top five last week, though we didn't see your poll, you just see ours. But in as much as you are so politiclaly correct, I figure you had them in your top five along with everyone else, who I suspect don't figure they could lose 3-4 in their evaluations. It's ridiculous evaluating a team as being susceptible to 3-4 losses and then rating them as high as you do. I explained my usc prediction based on barkley getting better and one loss won't keep a team from nc consideraton, I'm hoping.

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Say Big Daddy, This all results from you not comprehending that USC could lose to the Buckeyes and still be No. 1 and hurling around rants like "insanity." It's way more insane to have a team you see as perhaps losing 3-4 games as being in your top five. But then, we all know you've never been wrong. It goes with the frustrated jock territory. Always right!

Toe, were you not the genius that siad the USC-Ohio State line owuld go down? Well, genius, the line went up. USC -7 now. Now if you have a set of gonads, let's wee you take Ohio State and the 7. Ifnot, don't wasteour time with your rantings. Your record is probably as poor as your arrest record is.

Toejamsky

EOG Senior Member

Say Big Daddy, can't address the question. You don't put a team you see as possibly losing 3-4 games in your top five. You're just saying it now, so you will have something to crow about when the Buckeyes kick butt.

I'm all up for the Buckeyes for one reason. Terrelle Pryor. You can't understate the impact of a guy this good on a college team. Especially a team like OSU with a winning program year in and year out. He will elevate them to the top.

Well, Mr. Know-it-all. What do you have to say now? What do you have to say about your "super" QB? What do you have to say about Pryor, who has the intelligence of a chimpanzee, elevating Ohio State "to the top"? What do you have to say about your phenom QB who was outplayed by a true Freshman, at home, in front of the biggest crowd ever in Ohio State history? Tell us just how intelligent you are, and just how dumb I am? Tell me how I am so blind, that I do not realize great talent when I see it. Do you even have enough guts to post in here again? I am waiting for the flood of excuses you will bring the next time you post, if you ever post in here again.

You never did answer this post, did you? A true coward always ends up showing his true colors.