Iowa with any shot vs PSU this year?

gottabet

EOG Veteran
Re: Iowa with any shot vs PSU this year?

will help if starting TE, best WR, and preseason AA OT Bulaga plays

Iowa is going to have all kinds of problems scoring. They have alll kinds of injury problems, and are very thin on the DL. It would be a major upset if they beat a revenge driven Penn State, and a cover is too questionable for me to wager on.

hawkfan

EOG Enthusiast

I think PSU will have more injury problems than Iowa this week. I think Iowa's OT is the only player who may miss the game. Also, it sounds like PSU may have some serious injury problems at the LB position.

In either case, watch the injury news this week. You may not really know what is going on until right at kick off.

hawkfan

EOG Enthusiast

Key matchups:

PSU's OL vs. Iowa's DL. PSU's offensive weakness is suppose to be their OL. PSU ran the ball well last week but struggled in their first 2 games.

Iowa passing game vs. PSU secondary. Iowa has come out passing the last couple games and PSU's secondary is their defensive weakness. Also, PSU's DL is really good, and with Iowa's young (freshmen) RBs, Iowa may not see much success running the ball.

I am surprised the spread is so high. Iowa's defense is really good. They will have to be to keep Iowa in the game. Iowa's QB is good for at least 1 or 2 turnovers.

Finally, it is a night game, and I expect to see a loud and intimidating crowd. How both teams respond early may make the difference.

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

If it's their White-Out... man... that's as intimidating a scene as there is anywhere in college football.

Iowa looks really tough though... getting double digits, you have to consider the Hawkeyes.

hawkfan

EOG Enthusiast

If it's their White-Out... man... that's as intimidating a scene as there is anywhere in college football.

Iowa looks really tough though... getting double digits, you have to consider the Hawkeyes.

It is their White Out. It is a pretty cool scene.

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

Yeah, we played in it last year... competitive game, but damn, their crowd is insane for that one.

FlynnNasty

EOG Addicted

Navarro Bowman will be back for week 4. With Sean Lee and Bowman tag teaming at the linebacker position it is going to be real tough to get by Penn States defense. Im not sure Penn State scores a ton, but I see this game being 17-7. No play for me.

Apple

Banned

Should be a low scoring game.. Iowa is pretty damn good guys, I like the points.

Illini_in_AZ

EOG Enthusiast

Injury News:

Sean Lee, PSU LB, doubtful
Navarro Bowman, PSU LB, should be returning this week

Tony Moeaki and Brian Bulaga, Iowa studs, are both very questionable.