Notre Dame

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
this past week a friend and i went on a sports trip to remember. Thursday - Wrigley. Saturday - Notre Dame. Sunday - Green Bay

never mind the fact it took us OVER FIVE HOURS to drive from ND to GB and we got to GB @ 1A for a Noon game and if not fro the friend waking me up at 9:40A i might still be sleeping and woulda missed some/most/all of the GB game

the hilite was Notre Dame

I HATE Notre Dame. If ND played Al Qaeda i'm not sure who i would root for i HATE ND that much

having said that - the entire ND game experience is something i can't put into words on just how AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLE it is. for those who have seen a game there i can see your head bobbing up and down in agreement. for those who haven't - it is impossible to describe it - other than to say

YOU MUST ATTEND A NOTRE DAME HOME GAME - MUST!

what you see on TV is but about 5% of the experience. get to town no later than friday morning so you can experience all there is in the area. the CFB HOF and then the ND Bookstore (which is numerous times bigger than most houses) and the Pep Rally and TD Jesus and the Dome and The Grotto and.............

Saturday to see the fans lined up waiting for the band to enter then once the band passes by to try and enter all at once is amazing

TRADITION

that is the one word you will notice how it dictates the game

i could go on and on but won't it was that UNREAL. again - those who have done this know what i am talking about and EVERYONE will agree with me. those who haven't gone - IF YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF A SPORTS FAN - ESPECIALLY CFB - AND YOU DON'T GO TO A ND HOME GAME - YOU ARE NOT A SPORTS/CFB FAN!

nedrow

EOG Dedicated
Re: Notre Dame

havnt bet on or against a nd game in 10 years there the one team no matter what i couldnt be on the right side and they cost me plenty , ive learned my lessen

cheapseats

EOG Master

i was wondering where the big dick (self proclaimed of course) of eog was, sounds like you had a good trip

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i was wondering where the big dick (self proclaimed of course) of eog was, sounds like you had a good trip

AWESOME

I had Mich State +10 so i had an easy winner. for those who saw the game when the MSU guy was open in the endzone and was overthrown late in 4Q that was in our corner and we got a great view of it

ND and GB - the tailgaiting and all might be better than the actual game experience itself

joeb

EOG Member

A bunch of us were there also. Drove 600 miles from Pa. Got there Thursday morning. We go there every year. Was at the bookstore and around campus on Friday morning. Than we went to CJ's, Linebacker, Between the Buns and finished up at Mainstreet.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Winky- I've been there and couldn't agree more. One of my best friends from high school went to Michigan, so I've been to games at South Bend, Ann Arbor, PSU. It really is a great experience and something every sports fan needs to experience.

I've also made special trips for games in Athens, GA, and a Saturday night in Baton Rouge. The ND experience is amazing, but the most incredible was the LSU game. They start tailgating at 9 AM for a night game, and I can't even describe the day. I also would put my two Michigan ganes (vs. ND and Iowa) right up there. I've been to a Duke/UNC game at the Smith Center, World Series games and a Super Bowl, but there is nothing like college football.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Joe - what section were ya? We were 132. Friday in the bookstore is a zoo. we missed out on "Buns" which i hear is something we needed to hit up - maybe next time. we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elkhart because staying in SB is so freaking expensive and the 15-ish mile drive ain't so bad

PT - i soooooooooooo wanna go to a game at LSU - NIGHT GAME ONLY! i know the diff between day and night at Baton Rouge and NIGHT is where it is at

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Salo - i have pix - they are massive ones - i will try and post them in the next 24-48

ballwonder

EOG Master

Friend of mine graduated from ND some time ago. Back then we where our early twenties and really wished I would have been able to travel to South Bend to experience the same thing you said Winky. He said the experience of living on campus for 4 years and attending school mixed with the sports is something he will never forget. Guy had brains out the ass and it paid off, he works as some exec now for brooklyn union gas co up in the north east.

Me and Fair Warning were in sec 17 row 50, corner of endzone where Tate caught the GW TD.. Started at Linebacker Lounge and ended at Gippers Lounge. Glad you guys enjoyed the game.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Winky, I will give a call this weekend. I missed your call yesterday. Glad everything worked out. Ended up with four tickets. Now if I can get them for the USC game...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

If you've been to a NY Yankees game, you've been to a ND football game.

dripping with tradition.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Winky - have you been to The Big House in Ann Arbor to watch Michigan play in front of 106,000 fans? Can Notre Dame match this? You and share the passion against ND. How does GB compare to PIT for an NFL game? Finally, how do you equate Wrigley versus Fenway Park?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Winky - have you been to The Big House in Ann Arbor to watch Michigan play in front of 106,000 fans? Can Notre Dame match this? You and share the passion against ND. How does GB compare to PIT for an NFL game? Finally, how do you equate Wrigley versus Fenway Park?

ND is a better environment. The Michigan campus is too big city. MSU's campus is much closer to the feel of ND. The gameday atmosphere at Ann Arbor is fun, but it loses a lot when you enter the stadium.

nydoc

EOG Dedicated

saw michigan beat notre dame in south bend in 1994 on a last second field goal. was a student at michigan at the time and was sitting on bleachers on the field in the endzone and rushed the field after the game. it was incredible. one of the greatest sporting events i have ever been to.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

I've been to both ND and Michigan. I think the entire experience at ND is a little more awesome, but there is nothing like looking around the Stadium in the Big House when you are part of a crowd over 100,000. Of course, neither is as fun as watching 15,000 gorgeous freshman and sophomores jumping around at UW. I've never been to either GB or Pitt for an NFL game. I'd like to do both of those.

joeb

EOG Member

winkyduck, i watched the game at mainstreet. my friends were a couple rows under the broadcast both at about the forty. they picked up tickets at the gipper room from an alumni for only 70. stayed at motel 6 in south bend. all i need is a place to sleep and shower and that is all the motel 6 is good for. payed 130 for 3 days.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you had a good time, wink. Come back out for the USC game. Will be wild.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

If you've been to a NY Yankees game, you've been to a ND football game.

dripping with tradition.

Huge Yankee fan (from NY) and huge ND fan. The experience can't compare, but Yankee games, especially postseason games are awesome. Just not quite up to the level of ND football saturdays.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i have been inisde The Big House but not for a game. my bro graduated law school out that way in 1995 and while out there i saw a game at old tiggers stadium (a toilet but full of history) and went inside the Big House - and couldn't believe it sat over 100k - didn't look big enuf to sit that many

never been to Pitt for an NFL game so no clue. only time i have been in PA was to fly to/from Hartford - never left the Pitt or Philyl airport. can't compare but when i think of the NFL and great stadiums and teams - Lambeau and the Packers come to mind almost #1 so i can't imagine Pitt or many other places equaling Lambeau. seen games at the Original Mile High in Denver, San Diego, Anaheim Staidum (Rams) and LA Coliseum (Raiders) and Denver was awesome because i am a Broncos' fan but objectiviely Lambeau IS the NFL and is better

Wrigley vs Fenway - been to both so i can compare: love fenway - but unless you are there to root for the Sawx - you are in trouble. also - if you are WHITE (which i am) boston and fenway is a GREAT place to visit - if you are not - YIKES! Boston is the MOST RACIST town in america and one of the most in the world. Fenway is like old Tiggers Stadium - a toilet. will state that i went to 3 games in 1991 when i worked at ESPN - haven't been back since so to compare almost 20 years later isn't fair. Wrigley is a great place to watch a game but the fans are as ignorant about baseball as it gets. fenway fans CARE more about the game and their team than Cubs' fans although once again not fair because the Sawx have won something lately while the Cubs.............we know. leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean to Fenway but barely

Irish - we were orginally gonna come out for USC but couldn't for a few reasons and i am glad we didn't. weather will be a lot colder - it was 75 and sunny at all 3 places. i was dying at Lambeau - and i showed up wearing shorts and a white t-shirt only at lambeau and was still baking my ass off it was so hot.

i agree with those who say the ND experience can't be beat and i HATE ND. you can't watch the game on TV and experience it all because the game itself is but about 10% of the experience - everything else makes up about 90% of the experience of the game. being at the game you see people line the walkway to the back entrance waiting for the band to enter and then once they do there is a mad rush to get inside. the band enters around 3P and the game starts about 30 minutes later so there is a real mad rush to get inside before kickoff. to see all of the tailgaiting is amazing - the local economy greatly benefits from a ND home game - the stores and all sell tons more beer, alcohol, meat, etc when ND is at home than on the road.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

been to both ND and Michigan. No comparison. UM is a giant concrete bowl. No aesthetics, no scenery. If not for seating so many people, I don't think there would be any reason to mention it as a must see venue.

glad you had a nice trip Winky!!!

viejo...excuse the kid...he has a one track mind...:doh1

NOTRE DAME IS COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!

MORE HISTORY THAN ALL OTHER COLLEGE TEAMS COMBINED!! NO QUESTION!!!