Can Chris Johnson Break The Single Season NFL Rushing Record?

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated
With 154 rushing yards, Titans RB Chris Johnson joins Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson as the only players in NFL history with six straight 125-yard rushing games.

so far this year has....

<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=TENcolors>CAR</TH></TR><TR><TD>217</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=TENcolors>YDS</TH></TR><TR><TD>1,396</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=TENcolors>AVG</TH></TR><TR><TD>6.4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=TENcolors>TDS</TH></TR><TR><TD>9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

the record is.....

<TABLE class=history_legends cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR class=over onmouseover="this.className='over'" onmouseout="this.className=''"><TD class=stat>2,105</TD><TD>Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1984 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!--QuoteEnd-->

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated
Re: Can Chris Johnson Break The Single Season NFL Rushing Record?

Needs roughly 142 per game the rest of the way out.

Gonna need a 200 yard game somewhere.

Maybe a 15% chance?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

CJs in the house! He's got a big shot.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Schedule is favorable.

Colts, SD, Sea and STL are cupcakes against the run so who knows

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

also.....

Chris Johnson has 3 touchdown runs of 85 yards or more this season. No other running back in league history has that many in their entire career.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Hey Mikey, congrats on the Titans effort these last 5 games. Its gotta make you really proud of this team at this point. Good stuff.

gottalift1974

EOG Enthusiast

It will be tough. I would like to see it and watch the chase.

Integrity

EOG Master

kid is great, but no

will come close to 2k tho

J

joeybagadonuts

I bet he comes damn close if he doesn't break it.

tripp

EOG Master

no way.

damn impressed with the season he has had though. Still not one of the people that would even consider taking him over Peterson, but wow what ridiculous year is having. Had him and Slaton pegged as massive busts this year, but CJ seems to bust out a 80+ yard run every other week.

if Haynesworth had stayed the Titans would be a dangerous team with that defense and that running game.

Titans back seeks record for an encore | The Augusta Chronicle

<HR class=print-hr>Titans back seeks record for an encore

Source URL: http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/nfl/2010-09-02/titans-back-seeks-record-encore

Associated Press
Thursday, Sept. 2, 2010
Titans running back Chris Johnson ran for 2,006 yards last year on his way to capturing NFL Offensive Player of the Year honors.
So what's he planning for an encore?
Try 2,500 yards.
Not only would that make him the all-time single season rushing leader by almost 400 yards, he also would become the first back to run for 2,000 yards in consecutive seasons.
Johnson says he's not satisfied and is coming in with the mind-set that he hasn't done anything yet.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

On Wednesday, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Dan Patrick that Peterson is a better running back than Titans tailback Chris Johnson.

On Thursday, the ever-talkative Johnson responded.

Asked how he compares himself to Peterson, Johnson said, per Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, "I don't. I am the best back in the league, he is not. I don't think it is close. I feel like I am above all the other running backs in the league. I feel like I am above him.''

For now, Johnson is right.

But they both had better watch out for Ray Rice.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Bunch of girls. Both are great. Actually, it's probably good they have that mentality. It'll make them work harder to be top dog.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

If there is no strike next year the record will be broken with the added regular season games....

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

stat of the day: chris johnson has 4 td runs of 75 yds or more in 3 years. NFL record all time in a career? 5.

Chris Johnson has 76 Yard Run today