Best Buy is screwing me...

So my girl (at the time) bought me this flat screen for my bar on black friday last year for a nickel. It's an Insignia tv, which is made by Best Buy.

Last week It decided it didn't want to turn on anymore. So I call Best Buy and they say your warranty only covered for a year and your a week or so passed it. So I ask can they come take a look at it and they say yea. So today was the day the tech was suppose to come between 11-3. I get a phone call at 330 by the tech saying that he already knows what is wrong with it and it would cost $500 to fix. Also it would cost me $150 just for him to come out and tell me this.

Now their was no mention of a service call charge when I set the appointment up last week.

How do they not stand by their own product and screw a customer like this.

Bullshit

mofome

Banned
Re: Best Buy is screwing me...

thats horse shit. wish you lived closer, i have a friend who can fix anything like that.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

I take best buys side. the warranty expired, what do you want them to do? They are a big box store, you are dealing with underpaid clerks who really do not care about you as a customer... you aren't going to get the gentle touch of a mom and pop business.

Face facts, she bought you the cheapest, worst TV they offer on the market, and it crapped out like you probably expected.. it's a bad beat that it happened so close to the warranty cut off.

They scheduled an appointed to come look at it, which i took of work early today and then didn't show and got a call at 330 to tell me something they could have last week.

Had the exact same thing happen. Brought the TV right into the store, kindly asked for a refund or exachange and they denied me. Asked to speak to the manager and he denied me as well. Made a HUGE scene in the store and then the manager explained that he would make a phone call to the head office to see what he could do. Came back a few minutes later and said he would exchange the TV and would give me a $50 gift card for my troubles.

Point of my story, make a huge scene and you will always get want you want.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

They scheduled an appointed to come look at it, which i took of work early today and then didn't show and got a call at 330 to tell me something they could have last week.

thats weak, i was more focused on the part in which you seem like best buy should still honor the warranty and fix it for free.

PO69

EOG Master

I would just buy a new TV because even if you fix this one, something else might go wrong that wont be covered during this repair.

It is like buying a used car. You will certainly have more problems down the road even with a warranty. You have already waited 1 week for this repair. No reason to wait any longer.

This is the reason why I will NEVER buy a used car in my life. Just too many hassles with used cars

Wade

EOG Master

Great deals out there right now! Just get a new one.

here's a great deal.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm2WHGgPL5A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm2WHGgPL5A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>