Do I Hedge on This Wager?

<table border="1"><tbody><tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">Parlay </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> 151.00 </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> 4,582.04 </td> <td> Football - 309 New England Patriots/Buffalo Bills under 41 -110 for Game
Football - 317 Chicago Bears/Baltimore Ravens under 39 -110 for Game
Football - 319 Cleveland Browns/Kansas City Chiefs over 38 -110 for Game
Football - 323 Cincinnati Bengals/San Diego Chargers over 43? -110 for Game
Football - 325 Oakland Raiders/Denver Broncos over 37 -110 for Game
Football - 206 Southern Mississippi -3? -115 for Game </td></tr></tbody></table>

Re: Do I Hedge on This Wager?

Id pry throw a grand on the other side.

probably would to the same

Real: ask yourself this ????

How would you feel if you did NOT hedge and MTSU covered and you lost it all

compared to

How would you feel if you bet MTSU and So Miss covered and you walked away making about $3,400 on this

compared to

How would you feel if you bet MTSU and they COVERED and you lost out on $4,500 but you walked away with about $850

pick your answer and that will tell ya what to do

what would I DO

Put a play on MTSU to win $1k so no matter what happened i walked away a big winner

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Nothing like a little guaranteed cash no matter the outcome. Nice par RD. :cheers

I would not (0%) hedge it. You can't hedge a losing bet, so don't hedge a winning bet.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

If you were going to hedge, why add the last game at all? You just paid the juice twice.

If you were going to hedge, why add the last game at all? You just paid the juice twice.

Very good point. Also, if one of your early games lost, you would be holding a dead ticket with no opportunity to hedge. This is why you MUST let your winning tickets win. Don't nullify any portion of it.

retiredincr

EOG Enthusiast

you at a min bet $300 on other side and you assure yourself the $150 Profit that was your initial risk amount
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

BigDaddy

EOG Master

you at a min bet $300 on other side and you assure yourself the $150 Profit that was your initial risk amount
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

LOL!

if he needs to hedge $300 to make sure he get his normal risk back +$150 profit

he needs to stop placing $150 6 team parlays.

its odd to see a parlay with 5 totals and 1 side

why was the side added?

Books absolutely LOVE this mentality!
I think it all comes down to if you want to feel like shit or not. I for one dont want to feel like shit so i will throw away some profit one way to lock some in. I see your point too though.

cheapseats

EOG Master

sports betting is not perfect, and this wager is no different, he wins this way, and that is the desired result of sports betting, even losing one of the bets. calculate the winning % of these two and its all good....

Two ways too look at it.
As a player, you want to make sure you have a profit.

As a book, yes you want the hedge every time.

I've had a profitable day and the parlay is for giggles anyway
so I guaranteed myself more profit. Just padded my bottom line is
the way I look at it. Yeah I might give a little back but as long as you/i
are/am at a profit you/i don't get greedy. I've hedged and I had made
a profit on the game no matter the out come.

It's not greed; it's all in the math. You will win 1 out of 64 six-team parlays on average, but the books are not going to pay you $64 per $1 wagered. They will pay $30-40 per $1. By hedging, you reduce your return even more, even though a part of that return may be guaranteed.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

dont bet 1000$ bet half of that!

i already learned my lesson with phoenix when i had a 8000$ winner

and only had to wager 1500$ where some1 did it for me and

phoenix did not cover and i only get to win 1000$ instead of 2000 or 3000$

bet half of it!

Took the other side for 1000
12io4j2w90

Looks like you made a VERY wise decision

walked away with about $1k more than you started out with

woulda lost $150 and won $1k and minus the $150 means you made $1k on this MTSU hedge

sucks compared to $4500 but better than losing $150