Would You Guys Call me crazy if I was thinking about placing a 1k bid to buy the domain name nbatraderumors.com

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
?

I think this is one of my brighter ideas and a damn good investment. While the NBA isn't as active as baseball, it's the next most active. mlbtraderumors makes a TON of money and it's so simple. What do you guys think? :+clueless

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Would You Guys Call me crazy if I was thinking about placing a 1k bid to buy the domain name nbatraderumors.com

I do not know if this bid will be big enough, I actually doubt it would be, but I figure it's worth a chance. I may start a little lower, but I can't believe that website isn't around; especially after mlbtraderumors has made as much as it has.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Would You Guys Call me crazy if I was thinking about placing a 1k bid to buy the domain name nbatraderumors.com

Good question. :+clueless If you think it's a good investment then go for it. But let's see what our website experts have to say.

speaking of trades the Rockets just sent McGrady,Landry and Dorsey to the Kings for Martin,Garcia,Thomas,Armstrong and Rodriguez

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Could have read it on nbatraderumors.com

great trade for the Kings imo, almost a steal to get some size and buy low on T Mac

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

great trade for the Kings imo, almost a steal to get some size and buy low on T Mac

Buddy in the know that I'm IM'ing with says T-Mac still ends up in NY.

When I say in the know I mean a little bitch in a front office who's IM'ing people who actually know things, LOL.

Buddy in the know that I'm IM'ing with says T-Mac still ends up in NY.

When I say in the know I mean a little bitch in a front office whose IM'ing people who actually know things, LOL.

Kings send him to NY for Harrington or Hill possibly?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If Knicks get Mcgrady, I believe they send Harrington to Bulls for Thomas.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

No one wants T-Mac besides the Knicks, really; he said. He's being a little bitch and going to bed, fucking bullshit this is his job. LOL.

The Knicks are so crazy they want to extend T-Mac. Donnie Walsh sure doesn't look to brilliant now.

is the Celtics trade going down or what

Nate Robinson is one of my fave players and Eddie House is only a set shooter, nice backup pg for the Cs imo

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Trade is done.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Knicks have no clue what they are doing, that's what I think.

J

joeybagadonuts

The site as is, but no ads or content isn't worth shit.

It could become a nice site and the URL is a catchy one, so who knows?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The site as is, but no ads or content isn't worth shit.

It could become a nice site and the URL is a catchy one, so who knows?

I know it's not worth shit. Joey, you never go to MLBtraderumors? You've never read the story about how much money that site makes and what not? It's so simple.

J

joeybagadonuts

I know it's not worth shit. Joey, you never go to MLBtraderumors? You've never read the story about how much money that site makes and what not? It's so simple.

Timely, I meant that it wasn't highly 'valued' for the name. I realize what I said wasn't very clear.

Many urls are deemed 'valuable' for having certain words, popular phrases, etc. I assumed since you were buying one with NBA in it, you were assuming that it would be easier to build based on SEO.

AS an investment, I assume you plan to build the site out with NBA news and other content?

J

joeybagadonuts

This is a good example.

I remember when someone bought www.earth.com for around a million dollars during a time when people were snatching up expired domain registrations. This was before anything every appeared on the site. $1m. The site got built out and is now worth about $5k.

Apple

Banned

This is a good example.

I remember when someone bought www.earth.com for around a million dollars during a time when people were snatching up expired domain registrations. This was before anything every appeared on the site. $1m. The site got built out and is now worth about $5k.

haha that site is a toilet

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely, I meant that it wasn't highly 'valued' for the name. I realize what I said wasn't very clear.

Many urls are deemed 'valuable' for having certain words, popular phrases, etc. I assumed since you were buying one with NBA in it, you were assuming that it would be easier to build based on SEO.

AS an investment, I assume you plan to build the site out with NBA news and other content?

If I bid 1k, I'd probably pay a good website builder a lot of money to replicate mlbtraderumors, but to do it for the nba. All you have to at MLB is enter the story in, and then the link and it links it for you. It's the easiest site in the world to run. If I could pay a guy to build my site up like that, I would.

I contacted a guy tonight that was a professor of mine in a college course, and I'm waiting to hear back from. There's no reason to believe you can't make nbatraderumors every bit as successful as mlbtraderumors; only difference is the MLB is a little more active.

You would obviously have all contract talks, trades, free agency, and other NBA news.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Would only be as good as the information you could provide. Nobody would be beating down your doors to buy that name.

Long names generally have low value, why stupid names with 4 or 5 letters that aren't real words are worth a ton and names which pretty much spell out what they are about aren't worth anything. I guess the MLB site is bucking the trend. Still the site you are considering has zero value today with no traffic and that is a big big problem. Building traffic is extremely expensive and not always much of a success because there are just too many competitors already out there.

WVU

EOG Master

not crazy at all timely. 1k is not bad for a domain name like that. Worth a try IMO. I know a guy who buys up domain names in bunches. Rarely does anything come out of it but once in a while he gets hold of a gem. He lives in a much nicer house than I do so he must be doing ok. I think he got 100k for cameraphone.com about 6-7 years ago.

The Blueprint

EOG Dedicated

could work

I visit mlbtraderumors 5-6 times a day

The Blueprint

EOG Dedicated

There's really not many NBA transactions throughout the year tho. Baseball is always hot stove with Trades, Free Agents, and prospects.

NBA is slow most of the year transaction wise. Could be a good buy tho if you hire 4-5 people to keep up with peoples Twitters, newspapers, blogs, etc

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Actually I think it is a good idea TH.

Integrity

EOG Master

i read hoopshype and a couple others, but if you get a site timely, ill check it out and tell all my friends

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Hoopshype is nice.

felonee

EOG Veteran

I had "betonshit.com" for about 3 years before I didn't renew it...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

There's really not many NBA transactions throughout the year tho. Baseball is always hot stove with Trades, Free Agents, and prospects.

NBA is slow most of the year transaction wise. Could be a good buy tho if you hire 4-5 people to keep up with peoples Twitters, newspapers, blogs, etc

The NBA always has unhappy players, bad contracts, and interesting draft picks that are being shopped around. Nothing is as active as baseball, but I don't see why I can't build the site up in a similar fashion.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

i read hoopshype and a couple others, but if you get a site timely, ill check it out and tell all my friends

I use hoopshype too, because there really isn't a set site out there for rumors. In MLB, there is on, but in the NBA there really isn't IDK, I'll let you guys know how the bidding process goes and I'll keep you updated. I got a web designer, who is damn good, that would do it for a discount for me, so that's nice.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Good point.

And yeah, NBA is notorious for bad contracts. :shoot:

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

You sound like you know what you're doing with this. I say go for it and put in the bid.

Integrity

EOG Master

I use hoopshype too, because there really isn't a set site out there for rumors. In MLB, there is on, but in the NBA there really isn't IDK, I'll let you guys know how the bidding process goes and I'll keep you updated. I got a web designer, who is damn good, that would do it for a discount for me, so that's nice.

i also use ProBasketballTalk and lately, one of my friends in fantasy has been showing me a few others that i cant really remember

i think you'd need to really distinguish yourself from the rest if you're gonna have a chance, cuz even with the name, you'd have to buy a great search spot, no?

i'd suggest talkin' to a bunch of really hardcore hoops/fantasy hoops guys and asking them what ALL they'd want and going from there

my one friend checks every twitter from nba players and watches the okc guys on webstreams and all that. maybe a site that has all that stuff in one spot would be great???

if u do get a site, i'll get some ideas from this kid for ya. i think it'd help