Do we have 12 guys who want to get together an EOG Fantasy Baseball league II?

Re: Do we have 12 guys who want to get together an EOG Fantasy Baseball league II?

I actually think it might be neither (maybe ATL sneaks in) Wsox trying to force DET into a move and DET sick of Boras using CHI

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Do we have 12 guys who want to get together an EOG Fantasy Baseball league II?

I actually think it might be neither (maybe ATL sneaks in) Wsox trying to force DET into a move and DET sick of Boras using CHI

Yeah, that's a possibility. Although I just don't see him going to the NL; talk about a mistake.

tripp

EOG Master

if you guys need another member and cant find anyone i can come win this league also.

choslamshe

EOG Master

Does anyone here have much experience with auction drafts? While they take a lot longer to complete, the 'draft' experience is far better and strategy even more so. If others were interested, i'd be up for this style.

Also, once the league has been formally announced, i have a nice additional prize to offer the league champion on top of whatever we are posting up.

munson15

I want winners...

Does anyone here have much experience with auction drafts? While they take a lot longer to complete, the 'draft' experience is far better and strategy even more so. If others were interested, i'd be up for this style.

Also, once the league has been formally announced, i have a nice additional prize to offer the league champion on top of whatever we are posting up.
Drafts are the only way to go.:cheers

mofome

Banned

Mo, I like CBS' format but they never have enough roster spots. Are you tweaking it to allow for injured players? One year, I had a couple of DL'd guys and I was dead in May. How much are you playing for? If the stakes are small, I would be interested.:cheers

Yeah you can arrange it however you like. I will oversee things for everyone and pay for it to make sure its running smoothly, but we'll figure out 1 or 2 guys who will be the commissioners of the league. You all can make set the rules as you like them.

CBS allows for as many DL/roster spots as you like. 2 DL spots and 27 roster spots is standard I believe.

mofome

Banned

Drafts are the only way to go.:cheers

Well he is talking about another kind of draft. He is talking about a draft where you have a budget and you bid on players.

Some people prefer that format. Some people prefer having a draft set up using a standard drafting format. Where you have a random order 1-12 and at the top and bottom of the draft you get back to back selections.

Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6
Team 7
Team 8
Team 9
Team 10
Team 11
Team 12
Team 12
Team 11
Team 10
Team 9
Team 8
Team 7
Team 6
Team 5
Team 4
Team 3
Team 2
Team 1
Team 1
Team 2

etc

mofome

Banned

1. LO
  2. Ditka
  3. OSW
  4. DJMatt
  5. Betmonkey
  6. choslamshe
  7. flyingillini
  8. xbaggypants

we have 8 in. Munson and Aj as possibilities. I would prefer that the two leagues have different members.

I would not be opposed to starting a 3rd league or even a midseason league for people who feel that they are out of their main league. People would have to assure me that they'd continue to give their best effort in their main leagues, but we have some options open as long as we organize well.

rjt721

EOG Master

Bump for mo.

I get top pick in the real league for helping out.

munson15

I want winners...

Well he is talking about another kind of draft. He is talking about a draft where you have a budget and you bid on players.

Some people prefer that format. Some people prefer having a draft set up using a standard drafting format. Where you have a random order 1-12 and at the top and bottom of the draft you get back to back selections.

Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 5
Team 6
Team 7
Team 8
Team 9
Team 10
Team 11
Team 12
Team 12
Team 11
Team 10
Team 9
Team 8
Team 7
Team 6
Team 5
Team 4
Team 3
Team 2
Team 1
Team 1
Team 2

etc
Yes, the snake style draft is the common way of doing it and the system set up at CBS, I believe. I'll keep checking to see how we're doing and if I'm needed for anything.:cheers

TidePride

EOG Addicted

Im in, if there is a spot left.

mofome

Banned

Tide is in

we need 1-3 more

munson15

I want winners...

Count me in, what is the cost?
Same question here. I've found that small stakes keep the season light and friendly, so if that's the case, I will play.12io4j2w90

Same question here. I've found that small stakes keep the season light and friendly, so if that's the case, I will play.12io4j2w90

I past leagues I have run if there isn't money involved people just don't care. What is a good fee for you guys?

munson15

I want winners...

$50 max would work I think. Enough to keep interest up but not enough for hard feelings to surface.:cheers

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Sign me up Mo. I need to get back that money I am losing in hoops league.

mofome

Banned

the post up would be up to this group to determine.

the other league is $250. You guys can run with more or less. i know tidepride has played in some bigger league, i know some play in leagues for less.

you guys will take over discussion on what works for you. in the group we need a comish who will communicate. i will help. you can have someone in the league hold the funds or I can do it.

mofome

Banned

1. LO
  2. Ditka
  3. OSW
  4. DJMatt
  5. Betmonkey
  6. choslamshe
  7. flyingillini
  8. xbaggypants
  9. tidepride
  10. munson?
  11. jacksorbetter
  12. tickingclock
that could be our 12 man league. what kind of a fee would be agreeable? its a long season, its worth a decent little investment.

the thread in league one had 40K replied with guys talking trash and trades and having fun last year. we want this one to be active and fun as well. should be an experience where people get to know one another better, make a few forum friends and hopefully want to do it again for football season or next year in baseball.

munson15

I want winners...

I nominate $50 as the postup figure, but am willing to be overruled. I will also volunteer to be commish if needed.12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

so with 50 you'd obviously be looking to split up a 600 dollar pot. thats not going to be a lot after playing for 5 months, but thats just my view and i aint in the league.

the league costs about 160 to buy, but thats not in the fee.

munson15

I want winners...

Do you mind if I try to organize this one through CBS sports? I am already a member there and am familiar with the rules, etc. I generally play free leagues. I am not acquainted with how you guys did last year, I know it was a popular thread all season.

If the guys that want to play tell me that a $600 pot is not big enough, I can either ante up or walk away. Still 3 weeks to get organized, I'd say. I just don't want to make more work for you, Mo, that's why I volunteered. If you say the word, I'll start a thread with the guys who signed up here, and ask how much they'd like to play for and run it if everyone agrees.

If you guys want to start one through Yahoo, I can set it up. It's free. I'm in for the $50.

munson15

I want winners...

Baggy, do you like CBS or Yahoo better? I've played both, and like the graphics and setup better at CBS. They are both customizable, I think, and Yahoo is finally giving live scoring for free for 2010.

munson15

I want winners...

We need to get the guys to come into the thread and agree, then see if we can do a live draft, that is the best day of the year.

I like Yahoo better, but I'm easy either way.

tickingclock1

EOG Veteran

We need to get the guys to come into the thread and agree, then see if we can do a live draft, that is the best day of the year.

$50 dollar post up is fine with me. im pretty open as to evenings for live draft.

mofome

Banned

well the cbs pay leagues are the best leagues ive seen and ive played in them all.

we always play with a points system, not a category, but you all can do as you please.

people who are in should PM the other guys and get everyone together and ready to go. if someone needs an email address, let me know.

choslamshe

EOG Master

$50 is fine with me, i'm also donating to the winner, 2 authentic MLB jersey's of his choice. Will iron out the details and will provide a list of available jerseys after the season starts.

As for date/time, as long as i have the night in advance (presuming that it will be an evening) any night is good with me.

Mo makes a good point about the cost of starting the league. If people agree that $50 is a 'minimal' post up fee, and for the sake of keeping people motivated to keep playing throughout the season, then we should look at a "free" site for starting the league.

munson15

I want winners...

Ok, looks like Choslamshe, Munson, Ticking Clock, and Baggy Pants so far. If you guys are comfortable with me running it, I'll get the sign up going at CBS this afternoon, and you can PM me your emails so I can get the invites out.:smoking2:

mofome

Banned

$50 is fine with me, i'm also donating to the winner, 2 authentic MLB jersey's of his choice. Will iron out the details and will provide a list of available jerseys after the season starts.

As for date/time, as long as i have the night in advance (presuming that it will be an evening) any night is good with me.

Mo makes a good point about the cost of starting the league. If people agree that $50 is a 'minimal' post up fee, and for the sake of keeping people motivated to keep playing throughout the season, then we should look at a "free" site for starting the league.

nice! That is excellent.

no worries on the cost of the league. That is on EOG. You guys will be here and bring us a lot of great stuff and have brought us a lot of great stuff.

:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

OK, $50 postup, payable by Paypal once you accept the invite. League setup fee to be paid by EOG. So far, I have email from Baggy and Clock. I will send out the invites to all who responded in this thread.

mofome

Banned

PM your emails to munson!

We need to PM the guys who have requested a spot in the league. You can send up to 5 PMs at once. If you want me to do that, just let me know.

are we doing a points league? I sure hope so.