Did anyone else watch 60 Minutes tonight?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
They had a story on the Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov- the perspective buyer of the New Jersey Nets.

The deal is almost final. I believe he has to go through one last check.

Seemed like an easy-going fellow. It was a good piece.

JD_

EOG Veteran
Re: Did anyone else watch 60 Minutes tonight?

I missed it. I saw the advertisment, but forgot about it. We were doing some work around the house off and on all evening.

Teddy kgb

Banned

Watching 60 minutes is 60 minutes away from the EOG and that's not going to happen......

I get my news here first....Fvck the outside world!!!!!!!

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Yeah, bud. It was a good piece on the Ruskie. They talked about the team moving to Brooklyn- which has the biggest Russian population -according to 60 minutes.

I think Lebron is heading there. He wants to be a World Icon like Jordan. I bet Nets games will get plenty of viewing in Old Mother Russia.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

This is great, the russian mafia in the nba fixing games!! gotta love it!

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

He's already part owner. But it's nothing compared to the 80% that the Ruskie will be owning.

Integrity

EOG Master

missed this last nite..

am on record as saying i think bron goes to the nets given the jay z connection, their likelihood with the top pick and them having a ton of cap space to get bron and another guy, but idk anymore

starting to think he stays in cleveland, but i like him to go to nj over ny, for sure..

jfhst18

EOG Veteran

I'm surprised no one mentioned why the guy has billions in cash. His parents were soviet officials and he studied finance at an elite university and had a clue about how to run a bank when no one else in Russia did. So when glasnot came a politician who got the banking concession asked him to run it and he did. That went well, and eventually they got themselves awarded the biggest gold mine, etc.

So all these companies are publicly traded and he's the biggest stockholder. So then he's in Switzerland with his buddies and he flies in eight models from Russia to hang with the guys and the French police believe they're prostitutes and arrest him. He's in jail for three days.

So it's a bit of a scandal back home, and his politician partner tells him he's going to have to sell all his stock. This is in 2006. He gets out at the top. So he's sitting on billions in cash, instead of a holding a bunch of paper worth fifteen percent as much as his liquid cash.

Apple

Banned

I'm surprised no one mentioned why the guy has billions in cash. His parents were soviet officials and he studied finance at an elite university and had a clue about how to run a bank when no one else in Russia did. So when glasnot came a politician who got the banking concession asked him to run it and he did. That went well, and eventually they got themselves awarded the biggest gold mine, etc.

So all these companies are publicly traded and he's the biggest stockholder. So then he's in Switzerland with his buddies and he flies in eight models from Russia to hang with the guys and the French police believe they're prostitutes and arrest him. He's in jail for three days.

So it's a bit of a scandal back home, and his politician partner tells him he's going to have to sell all his stock. This is in 2006. He gets out at the top. So he's sitting on billions in cash, instead of a holding a bunch of paper worth fifteen percent as much as his liquid cash.

didn't know this my man, thanks for the education:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

nok1122

EOG Addicted

why you asking so many questions?go back to whatever you were doing mind you bussiness

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

u don't get to where he is in russia without some shenanigans.
the mafia is into every money making operation. since he is in
many different endeavors, how could he have not come into
contact with some "heavy dudes". anyway the nets could use a little
"push". imagine the pregame peptalk " you win or you will never see your
families again" nets might be first team to go 82-0......................

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Do you think any of those "models" sucked off any of the guys? Of course you do since you're not naive. Second question: Do you think any of those "models" would have been sucking those guys' dicks if they weren't getting paid by this guy to do so? Now look up the definition of "prostitute."

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Yes. Great summary. :cheers

Wade

EOG Master

this guy is a bit of a nut. when asked how much money he had he said i don't know. how can he not know?