Duke -2.5 vs West VA

tripp

EOG Master
Fair line imo. Duke best team remaining obviously, but WVU is second best and both are top 5 teams in the nation this year.

Duke won't dominate the glass vs West Virginia like they did vs Baylor, but Duke also won't shoot like blind grade school kids like UK did vs WVU. WVU also very unlikely to shoot as well from beyond the arc.

This should be a lower scoring game. Two teams that play good defense, play a slower tempo and don't have a ton of reliable scoring options.

Right now I'm not sure on this game. West Va has the talent to win the championship, and they will likely pound inside on Zoubek here, but i love Duke's guard play.

I'm assuming most here on WVU because everyone loves to hate Duke, but lets here some unbiased opinions here.

Re: Duke -2.5 vs West VA

Duke should go to the line 30 times amd get every 50-50 call, its like playing the Yankees and Lakers combined

best of luck to all Dike backers

WVU should win this one.

Their length is going to really bother Duke, I just don't see the blue devils being able to penetrate and dish. Plus now coach k has to prepare his kids for the 1-3-1, and this isn't the time of year you want to learn something new.

Huggins gets a ring this year...

West V 66 Duke 59

cheapseats

EOG Master

Duke will have the best chance of controlling the tempo in the game, they are much the superior team in this regard. WVU does not have the same vision, liking Duke for sure as a ML play.

tripp

EOG Master

Big East was overrated..
agree, but can't judge wvu based on their conference. wvu has done nothing but play great ball for a long time now, finally putting consistent good performances together.

acc was probably the worst power conference this year, but like wvu you can't judge duke on their conferences talent. gotta judge the teams as independents.

tripp

EOG Master

Duke will have the best chance of controlling the tempo in the game, they are much the superior team in this regard. WVU does not have the same vision, liking Duke for sure as a ML play.

i think both teams will be okay with a slower tempo game and try to execute in the halfcourt. getting fast breaks and easy buckets will be key, but both teams get back quickly and are comfortable slowing it down on offense

tripp

EOG Master

WVU should win this one.

Their length is going to really bother Duke, I just don't see the blue devils being able to penetrate and dish. Plus now coach k has to prepare his kids for the 1-3-1, and this isn't the time of year you want to learn something new.

Huggins gets a ring this year...

West V 66 Duke 59

i agree west va's length will be a problem like it is for every team they play. duke is one of the taller teams in the country though and they have a week to prepare for the 1-3-1. not a ton of time, but better a week than just 2 days

i do agree though that the 1-3-1 zone will be much more difficult to maneuver through for Duke than Baylor's zone defense was today

I really don't understand this,

same vision?

much the superior team?

In what re-guard? Defense no, rebounding no, NBA talent no, shooting yes, and coaching yes.

The 3 S's will struggle to get open looks, this is not a california, baylor or acc defense team. This is a physical bunch that bangs around the rim and is relentless on the glass. They also got several wing players who can step out and hit shots. Plus, Butler is the best player on the court at all times. And Joey M is experienced PG who makes excellent decisions.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Butler is the best player on the court at all times? Says who? Huggins? ::LMAO:: Butler is as overrated as anyone.

17 ppg 6 rpg 2/1 assist/turnover ratio and over 40% from the floor. All around player who can pull up anywhere on the floor, as well as put in on the deck and go strong to the hoop and finish after contact where he shots close to 80%.

Oh yeah and clutch as they come with several game winning plays throughout his career.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You put 40% from the floor down for a 6'7 player like it's a good thing. He has horrific shot selection and it's why he shoots 40% from the field.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

40% is more acceptable from guards who are perimeter oriented because their shooting % is brought down by their 3 point attempts. He is a big bodied guard who likes to get to the line, and shooting 40% when you're not perimeter oriented is not good.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

In fact, he was a much better player as a sophomore than he is now, IMO. He did what he did best, and didn't chuck up countless bad threes.

40% is more acceptable from guards who are perimeter oriented because their shooting % is brought down by their 3 point attempts. He is a big bodied guard who likes to get to the line, and shooting 40% when you're not perimeter oriented is not good.

he is a big bodied guard who doesn't play on the perimeter? Where do guards play under the rim?

tripp

EOG Master

I like Butler, he's a good player and damn clutch. When he turned it on vs Kentucky they started making their big run

I do agree though that his shot selection is not very good, but he'd be the second player I'd take remaining after Scheyer

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Shelvin Mack has been the most impressive player to me this tourney out of everyone left...

As for the game, I don't fucking know. I like WVU, so that mostly likely means Desean Butler fouls out with 10 minutes left in the first half and Scheyer makes 17592 straight 3's and Duke goes on to win the national championship.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

WVU will prevail....hopefully Rail releases Duke...

I love the way this WVU team has come together at the end of the year...

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

HUGGINS HAD MANY GOOD BEARCAT TEAMS, AND ALWAYS BLEW IT WHEN IT COUNTED. HOPEFULLY HE LEARNED HOW TO COACH A TEAM TO GO ALL THE WAY.....