EOG POSTERS: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU START TUNING IN TO AMERICAN IDOL!!!! TUESDAYS!!!

You get to see superstars to be....many of these contestants will be very large record sellers....it's basically amazing entertainment for free, once a week, for 2 hours.

The top 7 or so is going to be a fierce competition.

Lee Dwyze and Andrew Garcia are who I think will do it. I said Garcia from Day 1, but I am going to unload on Dwyze now. He is a superstar and will win this show most likely. If he doesn't, Andrew will.

mofome

Banned
Re: EOG POSTERS: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU START TUNING IN TO AMERICAN IDOL!!!! TUESDAYS!!!

cases in virginia, body in dc

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: EOG POSTERS: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU START TUNING IN TO AMERICAN IDOL!!!! TUESDAYS!!!

How many units on Dwyze, ID?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

American Idol is a TV show now? Shit, thanks for letting me know.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You get to see superstars to be....many of these contestants will be very large record sellers....it's basically amazing entertainment for free, once a week, for 2 hours.

The top 7 or so is going to be a fierce competition.

Lee Dwyze and Andrew Garcia are who I think will do it. I said Garcia from Day 1, but I am going to unload on Dwyze now. He is a superstar and will win this show most likely. If he doesn't, Andrew will.

Andrew won't win. Lee, however, can win.

Lee's problem is that he's very reserved, he hasn't let America 'into' his life or into his heart. Nice guy and all, but he just isnt all that personable. Lee's last performance was his best by far, he really went to another level, i think that Usher's (yeah, that usher) advice really hit home for him. Usher thought that Lee was the best singer with the best voice for what that's worth.

Andrew is just not good enough i'm afraid ID. Very nice guy and he might have gotten some more votes with his mom being brought into the mix, but i dont know if he's good enough. Andrew is an amazing 'arranger' he's really great, the best actually, at arranging a song to 'make it his own'. I just don't know how spectacular his vocals are. Casey and Lee have better voices than Andrew and that's just on the guy's side.

My girl Katie just doesn't seem to have enough of a fan base to be able to win. People have already decided who they like and its hard for them to be converts at this stage of the competition. Katie has been in the bottom 3 for the last two weeks, i dont know what she can do to win over some fans, she's running out of time.

How many units on Dwyze, ID?

Kinger, don't do it. There's only one dog in this race and she's had it sewed up from the beginning. Crystal Bowersox is the only place to lay your cash as far as winning the show. Lee will make Top 3-4, along with Siobhan Magnus and Casey James. Katie is a dark horse in this race, but her fanbase isn't keeping her in it even though she's singing well, so that's a bit disturbing as far as a long-shot bet.
Andrew should have already hit the road, and should be gone in the next 2 weeks. 12io4j2w90

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Why are almost all women ages 15-49 obsessed with this show?

Why are almost all women ages 15-49 obsessed with this show?

I'm not obsessed with it, but I do enjoy my job. I work for a newspaper and write a column critiquing the performances. I've been doing this for 8 years and therefore know a lot more about American Idol than I should or even want to. 12io4j2w90

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

They can sing? That's nice. Give me their CDs when the time comes. But to sit around and watch them sing? And actually care who "wins"? :LMAO

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I'm not obsessed with it, but I do enjoy my job. I work for a newspaper and write a column critiquing the performances. I've been doing this for 8 years and therefore know a lot more about American Idol than I should or even want to. 12io4j2w90

Oh, well that's entirely different. I don't include you in my statement in that case.

Honorable of you, Chessman. 12io4j2w90

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Chesser its a great show, you have to watch it and give it a chance. I know, it sounds totally corny and girly and lame, but if you watch it, you'll really get into it, i'm fairly certain.

i hear ya, flamingo. i was really impressed with katie this week. she's coming into her own. i think she needs to bring out the guitar and sing something softer.....fla kid - go to youtube and check out katie singing "bubbly" with her guitar. it's really good...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

ive seen the bubbly video, its really cute and nice, she's really in the zone there. I don't think she should bring out the guitar on stage because she's not really a great guitar player.....if you watch that Bubbly video, she says in the beginning "im just learning the guitar" (its either that, or the Climb video where she says she's just learning)

The guitar can turn out to be a huge mess for her if she uses it in the show.

I do think that she's getting better and better every week, hopefully its not too late. She might have one more week to knock it out of the park and get rave reviews, or hope that Tim sucks again and then she will have 2 more weeks.

Hopefully someone will be at the red sox opening day with a big sign that says "cmon boston, vote for katie stevens, she needs ya"

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Kinger, don't do it. There's only one dog in this race and she's had it sewed up from the beginning. Crystal Bowersox is the only place to lay your cash as far as winning the show. Lee will make Top 3-4, along with Siobhan Magnus and Casey James. Katie is a dark horse in this race, but her fanbase isn't keeping her in it even though she's singing well, so that's a bit disturbing as far as a long-shot bet.
Andrew should have already hit the road, and should be gone in the next 2 weeks. 12io4j2w90

Thank you. :cheers

Downbound Train

EOG Senior Member

NONE of these contestants will be major recording stars. The closest to having mass appeal is Michael Lynche and he is neither consistent enough nor is the genre that he would have to perform to be his best a record selling genre. He will not win the show either.

No one close to Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or Chris Daughtry--the only true recording stars this show has produced.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I was stunned that Tim was not voted off the island last night.
Just, stunned.

Half of this show is personality, Tim. And with Tim Urban, he is always smiling and never, ever back-talks the judges or gets nasty when they say nasty things to him. The audience loves that - moms everywhere who watch the show are voting for him because he's a nice guy. Teenagers think he's cute.
But, I think they'll only keep him alive one more week, unless someone sucks worse - as Didi did this week.

I prefer reading how someone is obsessed with Crystal...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I watched it once and i dont like shows like it for this reason - talent/performance isn't the deciding factor. I believe marketing/image is just as important, if not more important when the masses vote.

Having said that, what Sportsgirl contributes here and her paper (and GD back in the day) is very good stuff for those who can bet on it. They have an eye for what wins. In the end, that is what it's all about.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I watched it once and i dont like shows like it for this reason - talent/performance isn't the deciding factor. I believe marketing/image is just as important, if not more important when the masses vote.

Having said that, what Sportsgirl contributes here and her paper (and GD back in the day) is very good stuff for those who can bet on it. They have an eye for what wins. In the end, that is what it's all about.

This is true, Simon even said as much in one of his critiques. In between all the times he says "its a singing competition" he did say to one of the contestants the other day that your 'appeal' is equally as imporatant as your singing. Im paraphrasing, but he did say that 'other things' come into play.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Half of this show is personality, Tim. And with Tim Urban, he is always smiling and never, ever back-talks the judges or gets nasty when they say nasty things to him. The audience loves that - moms everywhere who watch the show are voting for him because he's a nice guy. Teenagers think he's cute.
But, I think they'll only keep him alive one more week, unless someone sucks worse - as Didi did this week.

I don't buy into the 'smiling' bit. I think those are forced and nervous smiles. He's been bad every week but is deflecting the bad singing by 'changing the subject'. I don't mind him smiling like this and ignoring the judgetards advice, but i think that people are starting to think that he's not taking this seriously enough and really doesn't care if he stays or goes. I'd be surprised if he makes it thru one more week...but you never know, he might get more votes than Katie even though she's a 10X better singer.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Oh wow:cocktail

To sportsgirl's credit, she did pick the best performer...and missed it so close....not like she picked someone like andrew suarez. lol

Timetopay

EOG Master

ID do you think you can work with Sportsgirl at her site next year and here so we can get the best info?

Some sort of joint effort

sportsgirl and i have gotten the winner right basically every year.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

nice bump. :bondage: