Question Re Regular Seaon CFB Wins....

Heim

EOG Master
Miami was 9u -300 as of yesterday.

The Greek dropped them to 8.5u -120 today.

A half game in CFB is worth between 50-75 cents.

Is Greek using the vig mid-point to bring it down
accordingly...??

Re: Question Re Regular Seaon CFB Wins....

Not sure about your question, but take the Over on 8.5 wins if you don't mind tying up money for four months. This is the most stacked the Hurricanes have been since 2003, possibly 2002. The one "weakness" was the offensive line, but the addition of Seantrel Henderson (#1 recruit in the nation at one point according to Rivals) should provide much needed depth. He won't start, at least not early in the season, but he's a big addition, pun intended.

If they can keep Jacory Harris healthy, I see 9 or 10 regular season wins. Their defensive line and wide receivers are, cumulatively speaking, among the best in the nation. I'm stoked.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Seantrel is all messed up. I'm always wary of the kids who change their minds 100 times during recruitment, almost as if they need the constant adoration. He has bust written all over him. I'm not really sure what you're asking either? Each number closer to the "6" is worth more if I recall correctly.

Their schedule is brutal....
It is brutal, but this will be the first year people see a Hurricanes team that actually plays like, well, a Hurricanes team of old. The talent level on the roster is night and day from what it was a mere two years ago. On the road at Pittsburgh does not scare me, and neither does on the road at Clemson with the players they lost. The toughest game will be at Ohio State in Week 2. They get FSU and Virginia Tech at home.

Bet the Over and thank me later if you're going to bet it at all.

Tim, Seantrel never changed his mind during his recruitment. He only changed it once after it was known how severe USC was penalized by the NCAA. The kid may be overhyped, but you can't teach size and strength. The real sleeper five-star recruit Miami picked up was Latwan Anderson - if ever a five-star recruit was a sleeper - because they have him on a track scholarship and he committed well after NSD. Anderson, from what I hear, may be returning kicks and/or punts this year and should see time at CB behind Van Dyke and Harris.

It's damn near unheard of to nab two five-star recruits weeks after NSD.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

they have 1 for sure loss this year when they visit the horseshoe

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Tim, Seantrel never changed his mind during his recruitment. He only changed it once after it was known how severe USC was penalized by the NCAA. The kid may be overhyped, but you can't teach size and strength. The real sleeper five-star recruit Miami picked up was Latwan Anderson - if ever a five-star recruit was a sleeper - because they have him on a track scholarship and he committed well after NSD. Anderson, from what I hear, may be returning kicks and/or punts this year and should see time at CB behind Van Dyke and Harris.

It's damn near unheard of to nab two five-star recruits weeks after NSD.

As a U fan, I'm sure you recall how Tennessee nabbed Bryce Brown, the #1 recruit last year, a few weeks after signing day.

Seantrel was an Ohio St. lock for most of his high school career (he's from Minnesota as I'm sure you know). He also looked at the Gophers and ND, but it was always a given he was going to go to OSU. Then his Dad, an aspiring rapper, met Snoop Dogg on a USC recruiting visit who supposedly promised to launch his rap career. I can't make this up. From that trip to NSD, he was a USC lock. Then a couple days before NSD, he visited Miami and hung out in the clubs with Ed Reed and co. who supposedly changed his mind but it was kind of "too late". They never faxed in their papers to USC on NSD because they were waiting to hear back from the NCAA. To me, this seems like an excuse to get out of his commitment to SC. It's not like no one knew USC was under investigation, it's been ongoing for 5 years.

Anyway, you're right - he's a tremendous specimen and has all the physical tools to be an elite O-linemen. I met him in person when he was on his visit to ND (Michael Floyd, ND's elite WR went to the same high school as Seantrel and was taking him around) and he is absolutely massive.

they have 1 for sure loss this year when they visit the horseshoe
Everyone said the same thing about OSU back in the Fiesta robbery of 2002. Miami is going there on a mission: to avenge that absolute travesty of a game. Rest assured Miami will play well. It's in September and the weather will be fine. I agree with you, however, that they should lose. I disagree that it is a definite loss.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Colin CowTURD gave out 4 pix today on his show - ALL OVERs

Auburn
Michigan
Washington

FAVE Pick: Utah

Caveat Emptor

Heim

EOG Master

Colin CowTURD gave out 4 pix today on his show - ALL OVERs

Auburn
Michigan
Washington

FAVE Pick: Utah

Caveat Emptor

He also loved Notre Dame last year over 9.5 at plus money.....:+textinb3

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Show me one college football fan in the country who doesn't think his team will go over their season win total. ND under/over 8? You must be kidding me, Vegas.

Show me one college football fan in the country who doesn't think his team will go over their season win total. ND under/over 8? You must be kidding me, Vegas.
Last year when Miami faced a brutal four-game stretch against FSU on the road, GTech at home, Oklahoma at home, and VTech on the road I feared a 0-4 or 1-3 start.

This year, when Miami plays at Ohio State, at Pitt, at Clemson, then FSU at home in four straight weeks I feel much better. Why? For starters the talent level this year is superior to last year and the best players on the team are now upperclassmen. Plus, here is the four-game brutal stretch:

@ Ohio State (September 11, 2010)
@ Pittsburgh (September 23, 2010)
@ Clemson (October 2, 2010)
vs. FSU (October 9, 2010)

The Canes get 9 days rest in between FAMU and Ohio State, 12 days rest in between Ohio State and Pitt, another 9 days rest in between Pitt and Clemson, and then FSU at home.

The "U" is NOT back. Not even close. Shannon and Harris are perfectly capable of throwing away a game or two because of a stupid call or non-call. The offensive line is weak. The team can not compete against physical teams, as Wisconsin proved last season. They will lose at Ohio State. They can not take the physical punishment. They have a good chance of losing at Pitt, because their defensive line is going to take a pounding. Then there is the game at Ga.Tech, and their home games against Va. Tech, Florida State, and North Carolina (another physical team). And you want to take Over 8.5 wins? Good luck with that. To me, there is absolutely no value in that play. They may get there, but it is a bad value play. Shannon has been there for 3 years and never lost less than 4 games in any season. His 4 year record of 21-17 is nothing to write home about. He also can not win bowl games aparently. There are better wagers available. Stupid is as stupid does, and that is the case for Shannon and Harris.

The "U" is NOT back. Not even close. Shannon and Harris are perfectly capable of throwing away a game or two because of a stupid call or non-call. The offensive line is weak. The team can not compete against physical teams, as Wisconsin proved last season. They will lose at Ohio State. They can not take the physical punishment. They have a good chance of losing at Pitt, because their defensive line is going to take a pounding. Then there is the game at Ga.Tech, and their home games against Va. Tech, Florida State, and North Carolina (another physical team). And you want to take Over 8.5 wins? Good luck with that. To me, there is absolutely no value in that play. They may get there, but it is a bad value play. Shannon has been there for 3 years and never lost less than 4 games in any season. His 4 year record of 21-17 is nothing to write home about. He also can not win bowl games aparently. There are better wagers available. Stupid is as stupid does, and that is the case for Shannon and Harris.
You make some valid points. I agree Randy Shannon is a bad coach. His continuous mismanagement of the clock is unacceptable (see Emerald Bowl of 2009 vs. Cal). He also tends to avoid running up the score on teams, even when the opportunity presents itself. Against Wisconsin, there were no adjustments made over the middle to defend the tight end. I just believe that this year the talent on the roster will be more than enough to compensate for Shannon.

The one thing I disagree with what you said was the defensive line comment against Pitt. Miami's defensive line may be the strongest unit of any on the team. But overall you are correct when you state they do not match up well against physical teams like VTech and Ohio State, particularly on the offensive line. Offensive coordinator Mark Whipple will spread the field and make it hard for teams to blitz Harris. Miami has the WR personnel to do so with LaRon Byrd, Aldarious Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Travis Benjamin, Davon Johnson, and Leonard Hankerson, the lone senior WR. Good luck blitzing when Miami goes five-wide with that.

Over 8.5 is absolutely not the best bet on the board, but gun to my head I still say to take the Over and I'm trying to be as objective as possible. I don't bet futures, regardless, so this is not something I would ever do.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

The first 3 Canes games last year were very misleading and of course how did they fare at seasons end bowl game.
A. FSU- was and is garbage
B. Ga. Tech - 3 games in 12 days at game time
C. Okla - without starting QB from previous weeks injury
D. Bowl game blowout loss to a weak Wisky team

The first 3 Canes games last year were very misleading and of course how did they fare at seasons end bowl game.
A. FSU- was and is garbage. Yes, somehow winning the game in come from behind fashion on the road at night is "garbage". Not Miami's fault that Fortson can't catch a pass that hits him in the facemask.
B. Ga. Tech - 3 games in 12 days at game time Hilarious. GTech had a full 7 days rest after playing Clemson the previous week. But you want to include the game against powerhouse Jacksonville State prior to that to make this sound somewhat meaningful.
C. Okla - without starting QB from previous weeks injury OK, fair point. Not Miami's fault Bradford got hurt again, though.
D. Bowl game blowout loss to a weak Wisky team Yes, nothing quite like a 20-14 "blowout" in which Miami had a final possession with a chance to win the game.
I give you a D-. Please see my responses in bold above.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

I love this. I do. First off I live in Miami and have for 30 years. Second I'm not a homer. I see them play as I'm sure you do.
1. FSU was 6-6 regular season, with as you state, a win over powerhouse Jacksonville St. We know there was only one reason they got a bowl bid. Bobby
2. Ga Tech did win the ACC, NOT MIAMI. Playing 3 games in 12 days, powerhouse or not, matters. Ask any pro ( I'm not one) making bets just from a teams schedule.
3. Okla QB out was a fact. Who's fault that was matters? Fact is do you think Okla was close to the same team without him on the road his first start.
4. Wisky, you win no blowout, I confused the awesome performance against Cal with this bowl.