Yanks are struggling at the plate

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Yanks are struggling at the plate

Shades of the 2001 World Series in which Arizona outplayed New York in six of the seven games.

betallsports

EOG Member

Hate to say it, but they are in Huge Trouble. can't see them get out of it with Burnett going tomorrow.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Texeira 0 for the series. ARoid 0 for 14 against LHP in the post season.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

We don't have that same "karma' we had last year for whatever reason. I can't put my finger on it. Last year you just felt we were going to get this done, this year, even though we swept Minny, we just aren't as good as we were last year. I sense we're 'tight' and not having as much fun as we did last year. We won the WS and now we're back to being 'expected' to win...its hard to play baseball when you're expected to win. When you're the Rangers, no one really gives you a shot, so you can play relaxed and if you lose, no one is going to say, "you guys choked"

Hopefully Ron Washington can have a 'moment' where he does something idiotic and puts us back in the series.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

I didn't know you were part of the team. Please post a pic of your WS ring from last year.

you already had your moment. If not for his stupidity it'd be 3-0 and series over.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I didn't know you were part of the team. Please post a pic of your WS ring from last year.

you already had your moment. If not for his stupidity it'd be 3-0 and series over.

I'm part of the team numbnuts. Choke on this.

AndyDucay

EOG Enthusiast

97.45% of the remaing true basball fans left in the 50 states and Canada would prefer to see Nolan Ryan's scrappy Rangers in the WS then the "former" General Motors back.

I really, really, really don't get this addiction to a team that outspends everyone 2 to 1?

But then again, I have almost always rooted the little guy in all areas of life.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

97.45% of the remaing true basball fans left in the 50 states and Canada would prefer to see Nolan Ryan's scrappy Rangers in the WS then the "former" General Motors back.

I really, really, really don't get this addiction to a team that outspends everyone 2 to 1?

But then again, I have almost always rooted the little guy in all areas of life.

97.45%? I think you're understating it by at least 2.5%

:LMAO

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Middle of the order Swisher, Texeira and ARoid 3 for 38. Team hqs struck out 30 times in 3 games., and outside of the one inning they are hitting around .100 as a team.

If their bats are gonna get well, it will be against Hunter. That being said, I'm taking a little Texas tonight.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Some of us were fans BEFORE the Yanks became "GM".

Its pretty easy to root for the Rangers, i'll be rooting against them in the WS (if they get there) only because i don't want Cliff Lee to have a full belly next season. I want him hungry when he comes to us.