Giants Could Be In Trouble....

Heim

EOG Master
Sanchez less than a coin-flip and Cain has to regress
from his last start.

I was hoping they'd close it out tonight.

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: Giants Could Be In Trouble....

agree, phillies bats can only get better and they have better pitching..Giants are in trouble

Heim

EOG Master

Am I seeing this right.....Phils -250 for the series now?

If true, what a difference a day makes.

buffettgambler

EOG Veteran

Obviously an error by SO. How can they be -250 to win the series when they won't be -250 to win game 6 or 7?
Expect something closer to +150 on the Phillies to win the series offered by Pinnacle

ouch

EOG Dedicated

How many times in gambling have you heard the advice to not base your next bet on what happened in the previous game?

Yankees were supposed to blow out the Rangers after Texas imploded in Game #1.

The Yankees were a "dead team walking" after Game #4.

The Phillies were not doing all the little things, and were supposed to be dead meat after Game #4.

How did all of those things work out for the great prognosticators?

Not real well!

The playoffs in baseball are impossible to forecast. I will take a Tuesday night game in July between Detrot and Cleveland where I can glean a discernable edge, every time over this stuff.

JohnNetto

EOG Senior Member

How many times in gambling have you heard the advice to not base your next bet on what happened in the previous game?

Yankees were supposed to blow out the Rangers after Texas imploded in Game #1.

The Yankees were a "dead team walking" after Game #4.

The Phillies were not doing all the little things, and were supposed to be dead meat after Game #4.

How did all of those things work out for the great prognosticators?

Not real well!

The playoffs in baseball are impossible to forecast. I will take a Tuesday night game in July between Detrot and Cleveland where I can glean a discernable edge, every time over this stuff.
Well said ouch...

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

After taking UCLA tonight, I don't feel qualified to comment on the weather.

Heim

EOG Master

Understood. I've got SBR's parlay calculator bookmarked too :) However that's assuming the individual game prices are indicative of the series outcome. Taking the most common series price of -195/+165.....value on Giants.

Understood. I've got SBR's parlay calculator bookmarked too :) However that's assuming the individual game prices are indicative of the series outcome. Taking the most common series price of -195/+165.....value on Giants.
In my +179 I did what Rainbow said and parlayed the two the games using no vig lines to come up with +/- 179.

You don't want to make a series bet unless you feel that you'll get better odds than if you parlay game 6 with game 7. In this case I would think that parlaying game 6 and 7 would have better value since the theoretical hold is higher making a series bet rather than parlaying both plays.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated

I agree with Heim, it looks like the moment is going to the Cheesesteak eaters. But just from a gutshot, Giants pitching has been good all year and I don't think they're ready to throw in the towell just yet. Could be a nail biter tomorrow.

Buskie

EOG Veteran

Oswalt -159 and Hammels around -140 comes to what?

If this bitch goes seven and they hang a -40 cents on Hamels I will ruin out of pockets betting Philadelphia, Cain is not a good match vs this Phillies lineup and this park will do him no good, Cole is pure value at that number