Nebraska qb TAylor Martinez has quit the team

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Nebraska qb TAylor Martinez has quit the team

Coach Ripped into him last night live on TV. Don't see this anywhere

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Pelini's an asshole... that's what's going on. I"m pretty sure it was a friend of mine that flagged him last nite for yelling and cussing

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

His feelings got hurt because he got yelled at. Friggin kids today are pussies.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Very misleading thread title. It's not confirmed and only rumor at this point.

Heim

EOG Master

No secret on the net...he texted his dad at halftime to tell him his ankle injury was not that bad...Pellini went berserk when he found out :

?If you fucking call your dad on the fucking field during a game again it?ll be the last fucking thing you ever do. Now get your fucking ass [out/down/out of?] here mother fucker.?

The kid was homesick as it was......tough travel from racial diverse Corona, CA to Lincoln, Neb. Doubt he comes back. The rumors before this was either UCLA or Az.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Has the school or Martinez made an announcement or is it being reported anywhere as fact? Then it's a rumor.

i posted off of what popped up on sportsoption and followed it with wtf is going on? taking it down off of eog is like saying we are gonna mislead the sports world? really?

tell u what...if the martinez family and or any one from nebraska is posting tonight on eog....i'm sorry.

but i am a cutting edge reporter enfuego..i get the story from a good source i'm running with it.

tickingclock1

EOG Veteran

fact (definition) - A real occurrence.

Because something hasnt been formally reported does not preclude it from being fact.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

i posted off of what popped up on sportsoption and followed it with wtf is going on? taking it down off of eog is like saying we are gonna mislead the sports world? really?

tell u what...if the martinez family and or any one from nebraska is posting tonight on eog....i'm sorry.

No big deal AA, hope you're having a good night. Just saying it's a rumor but I hope for the sake of Nebraska fans it's not true. We'll see I guess.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

fact (definition) - A real occurrence.

Because something hasnt been formally reported does not preclude it from being fact.

And you can't say it is a fact or a real occurrence and that's definately a FACT.

texansfan

EOG Master

OMG! He sent a text to his father at HT? Wow, that's even worse than taking money or cheating on his exams. Terrible.

tickingclock1

EOG Veteran

And you can't say it is a fact or a real occurrence and that's definately a FACT.

Im done arguing about this. Its pretty obvious that we have different definitions of "fact." I treat SO updates like gold and therefore see it as fact.

Have a good night Enfuego!

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Im done arguing about this. Its pretty obvious that we have different definitions of "fact." I treat SO updates like gold and therefore see it as fact.

Have a good night Enfuego!

Would you bet a month's income that what you read on SO is fact?

tickingclock1

EOG Veteran

No. But i would bet one unit on it. Cant say I would bet a months income on anything...

Heim

EOG Master

Would you bet a month's income that what you read on SO is fact?

This thing was taken off the board immediately everywhere...I doubt offshore and Vegas
is relying on SO

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

This thing was taken off the board immediately everywhere...I doubt offshore and Vegas
is relying on SO

They must act on rumors just like facts. Done arguing about this because it's dumb. You guys can't tell me without a shadow of a doubt it's true and that makes it a rumor. It's on SO so it must be true LOL.

Heim

EOG Master

They must act on rumors just like facts. Done arguing about this because it's dumb. You guys can't tell me without a shadow of a doubt it's true and that makes it a rumor. It's on SO so it must be true LOL.

Sir, forget about this stuff. He's got a ticket to Cali for the holidays confirmed by NU athletic dept. The important question is what will the adjustment open at? And more importantly what effect will this have on NU?

I respect your opinion.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Joe Schad just tweeted this:

Taylor Martinez's HS coach, Matt Logan, told me he just spoke w the QB, who said: "Everything is fine. I haven't quit the team."​

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Pelini: Martinez didn't quit

Filed by Mitch Sherman
? Blog - Big Red Today
<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><IFRAME style="BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 82px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px" src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fomaha.com%2Farticle%2F20101121%2FBIGRED03%2F101129970%2F-1%23pelini-martinez-didn-t-quit&layout=button_count&show_faces=false&width=100&action=like&font=arial&" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no scrollbars="no"></IFRAME>Share http://omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101121/BIGRED03/101129970/-1&template=printart

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};</SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#username=omahacom"></SCRIPT><!-- AddThis Button END -->

9:35 p.m., Sunday: Taylor Martinez remains a member the Nebraska football team, coach Bo Pelini said Sunday night.

Reached shortly before 8 p.m., Pelini said the status of his freshman quarterback had not changed since the end of Huskers' 9-6 loss Saturday at Texas A&M.

"He's still on the team," the coach said.

Speculation quickly went viral Sunday after rumors began to fly early in the evening that Martinez had quit. By 9 p.m., his name was the No. 1 trending topic nationally on the Google search engine.

Asked if he expected Martinez to continue with the Huskers this week as they prepare for Friday's regular-season finale at home against Colorado, Pelini said yes.

Martinez reinjured his ailing right ankle in the first quarter Saturday when center Mike Caputo stepped on the quarterback's leg during a running play. Martinez left for the locker room. Upon his return to the sideline in the second quarter, television cameras caught Pelini yelling at Martinez.

Pelini again declined to offer an explanation for the sideline incident on Sunday.

Martinez returned to play in the second half but struggled with his mobility as the Nebraska offense continued to sputter.

All of this ought to make for an interesting Monday as the Huskers are set to hold their weekly press conference at Memorial Stadium.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Colt McCoy's draft status dropped when he was too pussy to continue playing in the BCS title game.

One day Taylor Martinez will thank Pellini for forcing his soft ass on the field.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

no one is wrong. no one is a pussy. anyone who has played competitive
sports knows tempers go bazooka in the middle of a battle. nebraska
playing and not doing well--reason for coach to lose temper. qb out
of game and wants to win; reason for crying to dad or reacting the
way he did to coach's temper. when all calms down, hopefully
tranquility prevails.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I have played three sports competitively. I've sat the bench, been yelled at by coaches, and have been on teams with terrible records. I never cried to my dad, and never quit a team. Martinez is a spoiled cream puff.

So now we know what rumors are worth. Nothing. This is why people are so easy to control. They overreact in most situations. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here. Do NOT believe people or sites who are grasping for headlines. Believe it when you see it. The gullability of people today is just unreal. And they wonder why get used like an old car with 300,000 miles on it.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Gullibility. Invest in a dictionary or refrain from using words you don't know how to spell.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

So now we know what rumors are worth. Nothing. This is why people are so easy to control. They overreact in most situations. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here. Do NOT believe people or sites who are grasping for headlines. Believe it when you see it. The gullability of people today is just unreal. And they wonder why get used like an old car with 300,000 miles on it.

So Sportsoptions was not correct? Well go figure.