Thirty Plays in 30 Days

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated
Re: Thirty Plays in 30 Days

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 25.....510 NOTRE DAME -5.5 over Georgia. The Fighting Irish have averaged more than 51 first-half points in four easy victories. ND has averaged 23 assists in four games, including 26 and 29 in its last two games. Georgia's best player, Trey Thompkins, has yet to play this season after suffering a high ankle sprain in an October 30 practice. Go Irish!
:cheers Hopefully my Irish don't disappoint.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I really enjoy wire-to-wire winners:cheersHave a happy and healthy holiday guys....see ya soon

munson15

I want winners...

I'd rather be lucky than good 7 days a week, or 30 days out of 30. Keep the faith, JK!91023i2ndw;l

munson15

I want winners...

Just hope no one got stuck with -6.5 which was hung for quite a while this morning.2938u4ji23

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I checked my BlackBerry and ESPN was reporting a 62-60 final score. There is a God.

November record: 13-12, my goal of 60% is not dead yet.

munson15

I want winners...

I checked my BlackBerry and ESPN was reporting a 62-60 final score. There is a God.

November record: 13-12, my goal of 60% is not dead yet.
Lots of weird shit going on with that reported score, JK. I was following on covers and they had it 62-56 ND with seconds to go, then after a long delay, they showed the game going OT. Of course, we needed 2 OT's to get the job done. Sorry it ruined your dinner.:+textinb3

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Let me change into my cheerleader dress and root JK on.......maybe Rogue wants to complain about the number again....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26.....774 STANFORD -2.5 over Tulsa. The Cardinal should respond well after their first loss of the season, a 3-point loss to Murray State. Stanford is capable of big scoring runs (18-0 vs. San Diego, 16-2 vs. Virginia and 32-3 vs. Arkansas Pine-Bluff). Tulsa lost by nine points to UNLV last night after trailing by as many as 17. Stanley is without a senior on the roster so I expect this team to improve as the season progresses. Stanford's 6-foot-4 junior guard Jeremy Green will prove to be the best player on the court. Go Stanford!

November record: 13-12 after yesterday's lucky cover (Notre Dame was the wrong side, but I got the right result).

munson15

I want winners...

That line was bobbing and weaving, but I got the 2.5. Thanks and GL, JK!:cheers

railbird

EOG Master

love the play JK gave it out to my people.

Jeremy Green had food poisioning yesterday.

small concern is ball handling, 19 turnovers for Cardnial yesterday which is a ton for a team that plays slow. Green and Powell are pros. Very long on defense.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

love the play JK gave it out to my people.

Jeremy Green had food poisioning yesterday.

small concern is ball handling, 19 turnovers for Cardnial yesterday which is a ton for a team that plays slow. Green and Powell are pros. Very long on defense.

plays slowly. My gosh, nobody knows what an adverb is any more. I hear it from sportscasters constantly.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 27......511 MIAMI HEAT +2.5 over Dallas Mavericks. Time to play the humbled Heat. Both the Heat and Mavs played last night. Dallas exits a road win against the team (San Antonio) with the best record in the Western Conference. Miami comes off a home win against the team (Philly) with the worst record in the Eastern Conference. With an embarrassing record of 9-7, Miami should start to turn things around soon and play to their superstar talent. Miami's best game is better than Dallas' top effort.

November record: a lucky 13-13, considering my fortunate double-overtime win with favored Notre Dame two days ago.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL, JK. Considering where we were a week ago, 17-13 or even a money-making 16-14 would be a great finish.:cheers

Teddy kgb

Banned

With an embarrassing record of 9-7, Miami should start to turn things around soon and play to their superstar talent. .

I luv ya John and you know that but God Dammit you played the "Do Theory" and I followed along.....Nothing worse than betting on a team you hate and have them lose....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I luv ya John and you know that but God Dammit you played the "Do Theory" and I followed along.....Nothing worse than betting on a team you hate and have them lose....

My intuition failed me. The Heat's profile continues: they beat bad teams and lose to the good ones. I was cursing myself when LeBron was hoisting up three-pointers and Miami was trailing by double digits in the third quarter. Sorry Teddy. November record: 13-14. Tsk tsk.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

And JK, did you see Spoelstra? All he does is stand there with a smirk on his face as if to say "We have the Big Three. Are you kidding me? This is supposed to be easy!"

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Exactly!!! This happens when I take the Celtics. They always play like garbage when I bet on them. Ditto for the NE Patriots.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28.....745-746 UNLV-VIRGINIA TECH OVER 133. UNLV is creating offense with its defense. The Rebels feature a slew of ball-hawking guards who pressure the basketball, force turnovers and create opportunity baskets. UNLV is likely to pressure the Hokies in the backcourt, hoping to take advantage of Virginia Tech's lack of a true point guard.

I not only need a winner today, but also a winner Monday and Tuesday to post a 16-14 record. Let the winning streak begin.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

And JK, did you see Spoelstra? All he does is stand there with a smirk on his face as if to say "We have the Big Three. Are you kidding me? This is supposed to be easy!"

9-8 in a watered-down league of 30 teams is an embarrassment. Are they going to sandbag until April or are they just not that good?

Wild speculation: Chris Bosh has a drug problem. His glassy eyes during the "Presentation Party" in July was my first tip-off.

Thanks and GL, JK. Considering where we were a week ago, 17-13 or even a money-making 16-14 would be a great finish.:cheers
Great finish? Come on, this is exactly why tailing someone for one play per day is just bad math. No matter how many hours John spends watching game film and scouring the internet for esoteric news about the team, each of these plays is still 50/50 against the closing line. The best handicappers are only hitting between 54-56%, meaning your best case scenario over the long haul is 17-13 for any of these months. At -110 lines that's only 2.7 units for a month's worth of plays, and the average performance is going to be far worse. You're really better off spending that time it takes to put on the kneepads into developing your own methodology which can allow you to quantify and attack smaller edges with greater volume. I still respect your motives, but surely someone as intelligent as you realizes that 30 Plays in 30 Days is a notoriously poor format for a handicapper to attempt to shine with. Beyond the small sample size, you're leaving tons of good plays off your card every single day, with only a modest expectation of improving your return for the month by adding John's plays.

I'm very oral, it's true. Chances are I could show you a more intense time by myself than you got with those three Costa Rican prostitutes, John. Care to wager on it? Your shoes are safe, at the very least.:+excited-