If You Only Had One Football Hall of Fame Vote, Who Would You Select?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: If You Only Had One Football Hall of Fame Vote, Who Would You Select?

F) NONE of the Above

I am a Broncos' fan. NOT easy to admit it now - but I am. Been a fan since "our" first SB run in 1977. So you know what I think of the Raiders. I like Al Qaeda more than I do the Raiders and it's really not even close

WITH THAT IN MIND.................It is a disgrace of epic proportions that RAY GUY is NOT in the NFL HOF!

Save me the crap about him "only being a punter" because that is bullshit. He is the GREATEST punter EVER and because of that he changed field position and made it easier for the Raiders to play defense. He was a QB at So Miss and was the Raiders emergency QB. We all recall Jack Squirek picking off Theisman in the SB but that play NEVER happens if Ray Guy punts the ball in the end zone instead of pinning the Redskins deep in their own territory. OK - passing was stupid for the Skins but the play never happens without Guy's punt

You can't have a Hall of FAME without the best punter EVER included. I stopped calling it the "Hall of Fame" a LONG time ago and now refer to it as a "Building in Canton, Ohio" because you can't have FAME attached to something w/o the BEST EVER at his position. EVERY SINGLE player who is/was the best at their position is in the HOF if they are eligible (Jerry Rice isn't in yet because he isn't eligible but EVERYONE know he will be inducted first year he is eligible) with ONE exception - RAY GUY!

I refuse to care or acknowledge anything about that "Building in Canton, Ohio" until Ray Guy is included - something that should have happened so long ago EVERY SINGLE HOF voter who has kept him out should be FIRED and replaced by people who have a CLUE!

JohnNetto

EOG Senior Member

F) NONE of the Above

I am a Broncos' fan. NOT easy to admit it now - but I am. Been a fan since "our" first SB run in 1977. So you know what I think of the Raiders. I like Al Qaeda more than I do the Raiders and it's really not even close

WITH THAT IN MIND.................It is a disgrace of epic proportions that RAY GUY is NOT in the NFL HOF!

Save me the crap about him "only being a punter" because that is bullshit. He is the GREATEST punter EVER and because of that he changed field position and made it easier for the Raiders to play defense. He was a QB at So Miss and was the Raiders emergency QB. We all recall Jack Squirek picking off Theisman in the SB but that play NEVER happens if Ray Guy punts the ball in the end zone instead of pinning the Redskins deep in their own territory. OK - passing was stupid for the Skins but the play never happens without Guy's punt

You can't have a Hall of FAME without the best punter EVER included. I stopped calling it the "Hall of Fame" a LONG time ago and now refer to it as a "Building in Canton, Ohio" because you can't have FAME attached to something w/o the BEST EVER at his position. EVERY SINGLE player who is/was the best at their position is in the HOF if they are eligible (Jerry Rice isn't in yet because he isn't eligible but EVERYONE know he will be inducted first year he is eligible) with ONE exception - RAY GUY!

I refuse to care or acknowledge anything about that "Building in Canton, Ohio" until Ray Guy is included - something that should have happened so long ago EVERY SINGLE HOF voter who has kept him out should be FIRED and replaced by people who have a CLUE!
Some great points Winky...Well done...

I totally agree with Ray Guy. Having to choose from the selections given, Dion is easily the winner.

munson15

I want winners...

Ken Stabler for me. The "Snake" was involved in so many great games, moments and plays over his career, and he compiled his statistics in an era that was much more difficult to throw in. He and Madden were the originators of the West Coast offense. When the Raiders had injuries to their backs, they would just call a bunch of short passes and Stabler was so accurate, even facing bump and run coverages that they could move in smaller chunks through the air when necessary. He got Biletnikoff and Casper into the HOF with his passing and he belongs there, too.12io4j2w90

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Of the players u listed Sanders is in a different league than the others - he's in the Brown, Rice, Payton and Manning league

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

Of the players u listed Sanders is in a different league than the others - he's in the Brown, Rice, Payton and Manning league
agree of the players listed............also agree with winky ray guy needs to be in the hall

High Times

EOG Master

Ken Stabler for me. The "Snake" was involved in so many great games, moments and plays over his career, and he compiled his statistics in an era that was much more difficult to throw in. He and Madden were the originators of the West Coast offense. When the Raiders had injuries to their backs, they would just call a bunch of short passes and Stabler was so accurate, even facing bump and run coverages that they could move in smaller chunks through the air when necessary. HE GOT Biletnikoff and Casper into the HOF with his passing and he belongs there, too.12io4j2w90

That there ^

Out of those players up there?

Faulk

Better than the rest of those players. Even the overated Sanders.

munson15

I want winners...

I misunderstood the question, but stand by my comments re: the Snake. As for the above named players, they're all going in on the first try, but I'd go with Faulk. Multiple Super Bowl appearances, tremendous receiver, and obviously a boatload of stats.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Sanders with Faulk a close 2nd.

The other 3 arent in the same league

rainbow

EOG Master

Deion, I'm more shocked that Dennis Rodman didn't get in this year, this was his first year elgible... to me thats way more shocking than Ray Guy getting in... Rodman has the rings to boot... one of the greatest rebounders EVER to play the game........

railbird

EOG Master

Ill go with Torgy Torgeson

played in 5 pro bowls as player
Won 2 championships as player
played 9 yrs
Coached 35 yrs
Coached in 6 Superbowls winning 3 in 3 diffrent decades.