why do the books move on a service--RAS

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated
THEY ARE 50% AT BEST, AND WHEN A SELECTION LOSES,
YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE GAME. YOU HAVE TO WONDER IF IT'S
DART THROWING OR JUST A BAD STREAK. EITHER WAY, THEY DO
NOT DESERVE THE MOVES THEY'RE RECEIVING. AFTER ALL WE'RE
NOT TALKING OF BW, CHINAMAN, RUSSIANS, ETC. JUST A SERVICE
LIKE HUNDREDS OF OTHERS..................

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: why do the books move on a service--RAS

bernard the man wins at a high% even after the moves.

he is not a 50/50 handicapper

to be honest...if the tout has a big following and the out gets hit when their number comes out why would they give a bunch of people that good like....RAS has paid his dues and wins..and ur % is incorrect for him...he is respected all over..thats why...

Cannon

Banned

This Was His Record After Todays Plays

Ras Opening Line

Sides
28-24

Totals
2-5

30-29

.508 %

Closing Lines

Sides
25-26-1

Totals
1-5-1

26-31-2

.456%

Cannon

Banned

He had a losing WNBA Season and he was 12-12 the last month of NCAAF he only does 8 weeks and then does baskets. Something has gone wrong.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

I've been kicked out of so many fucking books or limited for playing these - cut the bs - totals hit way over 60% - PERIOD - he shut down the market

cheapseats

EOG Master

ras, as i know, has always been totals when it comes to moving lines and books reaction

Cannon

Banned

The guys run is over just watch. If you bet the plays more than 8 seconds after he releases them you will lose for the season.

im sorry but that sample size means nothing to me.....the best in this business have that record over that sample size all the time...

50 games....lol...that a week or 2 for most...

Cannon

Banned

Just watch this will continue. These picks don't even look right. He releases lots of bad teams as dogs and they get rolled.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Anyone want to book his plays from me? I will give u 1.5 points off his posted opener for any amount on his totals? seeing that I can't play these anywhere I would love to see someone with legitimate take me up

what do u guys say about the "story" that some good touts after they get popular get approached by ,lets just say a"BW" and they work a deal to put out a few bad sides a week to get him better lines and they make more putting out 10 plays where 3 are "head fakes" and getting paid by their new partner and still have a chance to have a manageable record...

i mean once your record speak for itself....why not team up risk free with a walters and get to bet a few games a week 3 points or better than the line u actually would to bet it at anyway..sounds like a proposition that cant lose over time....

cheapseats

EOG Master

1st 1 that comes to mind is north coast sports...mid-late 90's phil was pretty dam good, his 5*'s were good, head into mid 2000's and now, he appears to be on the take...i have no proof, just a losing record

Cannon

Banned

A service called Texas Sports Wire would give his big plays out and try to get the local lines to move 3 or more points and bet the other side or middle the games.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Amen! This is the most astute observation I've seen in months. I have been shouting from the hilltops that their side plays are galactically terrible. And what you say is true: their losing sides are blowout losses at a frequency that's scary...the kind of losses where you're toast 11 minutes into the first half. I don't even have the foggiest inkling on why books move their lines against the side selections of these jokers. The best strategy is to fade every one of their sides since you'll get line value that's completely manufactured. Last season there was a typically massive Saturday board, with edges everywhere. That day I made about 11 or 12 plays and won at least 7 of them. Well RAS had two plays that day. One play was on UTEP in a near pick 'em range. They had this as a two unit play (rare for them). I don't recall UTEP'S opponent but they ran UTEP out of the gym. ANNIHILATION. Their plays are simply bizarre at times. An excessive number of them involve small conference games, especially those west of the Rockies, in which they take a very small home dog when the favorite's point guard is injured. They beat the point guard injury angle to a bloody pulp. Another weakness is their near refusal to bet games from the big conferences. You could see Ohio State +200 against Michigan and their play will be Arkansas State +1.5. They also don't seem to adjust very well. They were absolutely smitten by San Jose State last year. Play after play after play on San Jose State. Must have been 8 plays at least and they went about 4-4. Having said all of this, their totals are unbelievably amazing. Best totals I've ever seen, any sport, any capper. No one even close to their league. The problem is that you have to be chained to your computer and you still have no more than 6 or 7 seconds to place the bet. Sometimes less. 5dimes must have cyborg guy from Alien typing for them, moving the lines. They move the lines in about 3 seconds.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

He had a losing WNBA Season and he was 12-12 the last month of NCAAF he only does 8 weeks and then does baskets. Something has gone wrong.

Same story. Weak side plays, very good totals.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Just watch this will continue. These picks don't even look right. He releases lots of bad teams as dogs and they get rolled.

Exactly! His signature play is the terrible small conference home dog getting anywhere from +1 to +4.5. (Make sure the point guard on the other side is injured. The kid could be mediocre with a backup almost as good. Doesn't matter. The pg is injured! I guess he doesn't realize the books know who is injured too. LOL)
Also, don't complain that your +2.5 on Riverside as a home dog lost by 19. You'll get a lecture from him and his legion of zombies about how the line closed +1 and you should be celebrating with a massive gala spectacle about the wonderful "closing line value" that you had.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

what do u guys say about the "story" that some good touts after they get popular get approached by ,lets just say a"BW" and they work a deal to put out a few bad sides a week to get him better lines and they make more putting out 10 plays where 3 are "head fakes" and getting paid by their new partner and still have a chance to have a manageable record...

i mean once your record speak for itself....why not team up risk free with a walters and get to bet a few games a week 3 points or better than the line u actually would to bet it at anyway..sounds like a proposition that cant lose over time....

Edward is an honest guy. Secondly, his style on sides remains consistent.

durito2

EOG Member

so take the other side. 2pt move gives you a 58%+ play. pinny uncircles the games that ed plays right away. there's 5k for you at 58%. plus all the other books, you should have no problem getting 20k, 30k down.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Sharp post. Ed posted his record at Peeps once and he had ONE SEASON where he won more than 20 units! ONCE! He showed 22 seasons, most college football and college hoops, once he won more than 20 units and that was using his numbers which we know are unavailable to the squares that pay for his service. You factor in his client charges and figure all the bad lines you are playing and it's obvious you are getting your ass kicked if you have followed them from the beginning. Absolute ass beating! He seems to be good at college totals (who isn't?) but just another coin flip tout on all the rest. I don't care how many shills they have on the roll, the numbers speak for themselves. Ace-Ace is real good too if anyone wants a 2nd RAS-like tout service to dump their money into.

rainbow

EOG Master

100% correct, that would be the dead nuts............

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

i have to agree with cannon. you pay $3,000 for a service, and i expect
at least good handicapping. sure, as a gambler, one knows there are good and
bad streaks. no problem with losing. however, checking the scores after
5 minutes and see you have no chance---that's a little too much to accept.
something is wrong. keep me in the game till the end please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAS side plays are on a 6-11 run, still at 53.85% and +2.60 units for the season. Not far off our long term win rate. We've had far worse runs in the past, and will have far worse runs in the future.

Dealing With Variance - Past service examples
RAS User Guide: Dealing With Variance

As for bad losses, that is going to happen in college hoops, especially with the smaller conference teams that we focus on. There is always a lot of variance in how they perform during non-conference play.

We knew Pepperdine leading scorer Bell would play before most of the market, he started and scored 33, and we knew before anyone that NAU leading scorer Platt would be limited or not play due to food poisoning, he ended up not dressing. Great non-market info like this usually leads to +EV plays, it just did not pan out yesterday.

As for totals, it has admittedly been tougher with only TV games to work with so far, but we still believe we can and will compete favorably with anyone in that market.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Your theory probably does get used in the manipulation world. From the tout's standpoint - you have your the line movement your picks create and then you know which way BW will play and you probably will have line movement in your favor 99% of the time unless somebody gets hurt or weather arises. It would be soooo easy to make a bundle on that kind of movement. The books wouldn't even kick you out if you are only hitting half.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

ed--appreciate your feedback without you getting defensive or attacking
me. not sure you have ever been on the other side (buyer's side), but
it is helpful to me if you can put yourself in my place and understand
what i might be feeling.

munson15

I want winners...

Edward is all class, and has become a 'victim' of his own success. He'll still do well on totals, but it's tougher to get the right number than ever and the books are getting those plays just as soon as the customers, IMO. 12io4j2w90

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

plus the limits on totals are dropping, and you bet more on totals
than sides; now the wager on sides and totals combined
will make it almost to recoup your investment let alone a ROI.

kickitGOOD

EOG Enthusiast

Edward is all class, and has become a 'victim' of his own success.
I wonder how many 'touts' can actually say this... how many cappers out there are just expected to win all the time? A compliment nonetheless...

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

another interesting point. RAS raised their prices this year, perhaps due to
their past successes. so what happens? down the tubes.. i know i'm sensitive
to this, but, it seems when freebies go consultant, or consultants raise prices--
BANG! failure sets in more times than not.....

kirkmuller

EOG Senior Member

I don't even have the foggiest inkling on why books move their lines against the side selections of these jokers. The best strategy is to fade every one of their sides since you'll get line value that's completely manufactured.
How much have the lines been moving on sides?

munson15

I want winners...

another interesting point. RAS raised their prices this year, perhaps due to
their past successes. so what happens? down the tubes.. i know i'm sensitive
to this, but, it seems when freebies go consultant, or consultants raise prices--
BANG! failure sets in more times than not.....
The price increase chased me, that and the need to be so time-sensitive. That said, the times I paid RAS, it was well worth the investment.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

only 1/2 point today. books getting wise. sides up to 2 points.
totals up to 6 points.
today's loss by only 23 points