Derrick Rose

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Derrick Rose

Rose is good and getting better. Added a 3-point shot to his arsenal and now must become more of a defensive presence. The NBA is rich in quality point guards.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

He's been the MVP of the league so far, and I think he's passed Paul and Williams already. He's the most unguardable force around the league right now.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBjPsAobzro?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBjPsAobzro?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

'Nuff said.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Beautiful fuckin' shot. He did it with ease. It looked like any other 3-point bucket... didn't seemed rushed.

rjt721

EOG Master

Chris Paul is the best PG by a wide margin imo.

Next group includes Rose, Westbrook and Deron Williams.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Chris Paul is the best PG by a wide margin imo.

Next group includes Rose, Westbrook and Deron Williams.
That's crazy though. A wide margin? One of the dumber things I've ever read you post and I usually agree with you on the majority of things. Way off on this one.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Charles Barkley recently called Derrick Rose the best point guard in the NBA.
Rose will be top 3 in the MVP voting this year, g'teed (barring injury of course), and has been more valuable to his team this year than any player in the NBA. Playing through ulcers right now - that's got to hurt.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Beast mode this evening - had his worst game of the year last time out and has come out with a bang. When he's shooting early, and making, it's not good for the other team. 4-5 from the field and 8 points already.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Since his miss, with the clock at 0, to tie the game from the free throw line vs. the Clippers in December, Derrick Rose is shooting 88% from the FT line. Another sign of a dedicated athlete who takes losses to heart.

He was shooting 75% at the line on that day, and has raised his FT % to 83 in the past 2 months. Quite the accomplishment mid-season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Since his miss, with the clock at 0, to tie the game from the free throw line vs. the Clippers in December, Derrick Rose is shooting 88% from the FT line. Another sign of a dedicated athlete who takes losses to heart.

He was shooting 75% at the line on that day, and has raised his FT % to 83 in the past 2 months. Quite the accomplishment mid-season.

Excellent observation.

snoopol

EOG Addicted

Last time when i checked point guards does not guard power forwards in the paint so no guy who is 6'3 can't stop 6'10 guy especially as athletic as Griffin is in the post. But on the other hand if there was a mismatch in different part of court and Griffin was on Rose he's not stopping Rose either. You can't play with broken ankles.

We all know Griffin is a great player no other rookie put up similar numbers in a long time. But at the moment Rose is in MVP category and without im Bulls are probably the lottery team or 7-8 th seed at most.

Also answer the question, do you think Rose would let Cavs end longest losing streak against his Bulls??? I don't think so. You claim to watch all Clippers games so you probably saw how JJ Hickson blocked your boy like 3 times in crunch time when the game was on line so to answer your question Blake Griffin can be easily stopped.

PS. If I'm not mistaken you also said Sanchez was better than Payton.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

LOL, great game. I bought the tickets for my pops as his Christmas gift (let him chose one game on the slate and bought tickets) and it was a great time and a lot of fun - damn expensive since everywhere you take my dad you got to take my mom but well worth it.

Great performance by the leagues best player right now.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Pop, who isn't one to give frequent praise to opponents, if you fall the NBA, on D-Rose after the game:

KCJHoop
Gregg Popovich on DRose: "That point guard . . . what's his name? Wow. Just wow. That was something."

lordjeff

EOG Enthusiast

LOL, great game. I bought the tickets for my pops as his Christmas gift (let him chose one game on the slate and bought tickets) and it was a great time and a lot of fun - damn expensive since everywhere you take my dad you got to take my mom but well worth it.

Great performance by the leagues best player right now.

game a rare bad coaching job by GPOP....should have tried something creative or different on defense against rose in the econd half....bulls dominated boards by a 41-29 margin....if bonner is the first option off the bench when blair gets in foul trouble,the laker front line is already smiling

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If [Derrick Rose] stays on this pace that he's on right now, he's got my vote [for MVP].
” <cite>-- Juwan Howard</cite>​

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I think the above quote says more about Lebron than it does about Rose - there's not a player on the Bulls that wouldn't call Rose the MVP.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

No doubt Derrick Rose has the game and the season to be in the MVP talk, but these fuckin' voters (who are usually full of shit) would never give it to him this year.