why do the books move on a service--RAS

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Re: why do the books move on a service--RAS

You are so oblivious on the subject matter here that it is pointless to continue debating.

Real classy Ed. Like Reagan said, you'd do anything to get someone to write you a check. I guess you wouldn't be a tout if you had an honest bone in your body.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I pay for the service, and I fully expect ED would make his bets before releasing.
As long as he releases at the available number I don't have a problem with that. Why would anyone?

Now if he bets 30 seconds before the release and hence gives the books a heads up (They likely know his accounts), that would not be real fair as it would move the number as her releases. I don't think he's doing that but I would not know

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Interesting thread. Thanks Bernie. Thanks Edward.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

not over yet, but, looks like a sad day in mudville.
the mighty ras has struck out. :+crying-5

Heim

EOG Master

This could be the year the dog wags the tail.....books put up totals early this year almost
daring the pace guys to take their best shot. RAS is getting buried right now but if history
holds true he'll come around hopefully before conference rolls around. :)

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Something is not right here. I am a big believer in variance, but variance doesn't usually equate to consistent blow outs - games that are missing the spreads and especially totals badly by 10, 20 pts etc.

If someone is a historical 58% on totals, what are the odds of going 2-8 on totals? I don't know the answer, but I know it's not real high.

To each their own, but I am done playing these. I have not decided yet whether to just watch from the sidelines (most likely), or whether to fade these + the extra points, but something has changed. It might just be the market has changed. I'll prob just play the middles.

Hopefully this is just a blip as RAS is one of the most sucessful we have seen. Time will tell.

Good luck

Cannon

Banned

This Was His Record After Todays Plays

Ras Opening Line

Sides
33-30

Totals
2-8

35-38

.479 %

Closing Lines

Sides
30-32-1

Totals
1-8-1

31-40-2

.436%

The line that everyone has to bet he is 31-40-2 not 35-38. Once again nobody gets the lines he claims. The lines move in less than 8 seconds. However they have almost stopped moving now.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Well with all the bashing of posters Ed is doing these days I guess he doesn't really have time to work on his plays. Ignore that knock at the door, it's just KARMA looking for a home. I knew when he made a big deal of giving himself a huge raise this year he was going to shit the bed. In 3 years nobody in the industry will be able to spell RAS, just another tout that showed his true colors in the end. What was it, 2-8 yesterday?? I guess he was really "manipulating the market" like he claims!!

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

100% correct, that would be the dead nuts...

Are we talking about many services? What about one that was once famous for winning their niche Conference POY every year, suddenly going seemingly super queer for quite a while?

MrTop

EOG Master

With very few exceptions, this is simply not an accurate statement. As a long time time user of the service, you should know that what you are saying is not indicative of our releases.

As I have already explained to you previously, perhaps the sites you were successful following the service on in the past have now subscribed to the service, taken some type of new countermeasures, or another player(s) is beating you to the punch at that site that was not previously. Nothing has changed on our end from last year to this year.

is there a time stamp on the release time.....the answer is no........ it is real simple..........install a clock in the program....... and time stamp.......it would be the right thing to do.

MrTop

EOG Master

RAS will be plus units before the year is out...... +10 units to +30 units........

Eddie just needs to put a time stamp on his plays to make it more legit........customers and the public could then look into Don Best ...SportsOptions and SPortsInsights history and compare what time he actually gave the play out..............simple fix install a REAL time clock on the release page........that is the same with US Navy time......

if not people will think RAS is playing 15 seconds before the release......... which is why people cannot get in.........

munson15

I want winners...

RAS may not be winning this year, but they are honest. Not that it pays the bills, but integrity is not an issue here. My .02.12io4j2w90

MrTop

EOG Master

RAS may not be winning this year, but they are honest. Not that it pays the bills, but integrity is not an issue here. My .02.12io4j2w90

looking at Don Best you can see movement before the release.............. time stamp is the way.... on the release page and on the site........

no time stamp... makes people wonder...... when a service time stamps a play......then you can see the history of every play......
just like when a service like RAS shows all their plays on a site right after a release......... that is being upfront and honest...... most websites do not even show plays....... RAS does.......but no time stamp and actual time clock...it is a simple fix

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

mr top--- if the service won 10 units and i had to pay 3000 for the service,
not a very good ROI, especially with all the stress getting the numbers.
plus 20 units or more at 500/unit would be satisfactory. plus 30 units
would be my expectation.

MrTop

EOG Master

mr top--- if the service won 10 units and i had to pay 3000 for the service,
not a very good ROI, especially with all the stress getting the numbers.
plus 20 units or more at 500/unit would be satisfactory. plus 30 units
would be my expectation.

I am rooting for you.........I want to see anyone who buys a service win..... I was just giving a prediction..... RAS is just hitting some bumps in the road.....I think he will go on a run soon.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

i do think they give an honest effort. it's ironic, yet, i have noticed when
services get hot and bump their prices, the universe makes an effort
to bring everything into balance, a la RAS.

betedgeonly

EOG Member

Well with all the bashing of posters Ed is doing these days I guess he doesn't really have time to work on his plays. Ignore that knock at the door, it's just KARMA looking for a home. I knew when he made a big deal of giving himself a huge raise this year he was going to shit the bed. In 3 years nobody in the industry will be able to spell RAS, just another tout that showed his true colors in the end. What was it, 2-8 yesterday?? I guess he was really "manipulating the market" like he claims!!

did ed start this thread????? why don't you wait to see how the season end's instead of ripping the guy for somthing you will never be able to do, which is win. why don't you start your own service instead? do it better than him, and you can steal his customer's if you are this good.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

So he's 2-8 on totals? um, what about the million of totals he's had prior - anyone want to wager he will be + units on totals against the closing line? I'm not playing him for the first time in 8 years cuz I can't get his numbers for any real money and it ruins quality of life trying to do so but I'm confident over any real sample of plays Ed will win - 10 plays and all of a sudden he sucks dick? hahaha too funny - u either understand wagering and winning long term or u dont and if 10 plays is a significant sample then u just dont get it

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

I'll second that Munson, in an industry of scamdicappers..Ed Golden is their antithesis..he has integrity.

This might have been said already ?

move the line because money will come in at +6 instead of +7 anyway....maybe not now ( as much).

Cannon

Banned

He did not do well in WNBA and then 12-12 the last month of NCAAF this year by his lines and I think 11-13 by the closing line. This has been cooling off for a while now. He would have to get on fire to get out of the hole they are falling in.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

don't want to give up this thread, good or bad.
looks like business still bad. will update later

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

2-4 munson winners drake and ky under
losers col st, e ill, denver, set hall over

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

Ed is on FIRE!

I posted this over at Peeps:

Dec 13th:
2010-11 COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON RESULTS
Wins/Losses Units +/- Win Percentage Avg Line Value
SIDES: 38-37 -0.70 50.67% +1.18
TOTALS: 5-10 -6.00 33.33% +2.97
OVERALL: 43-47 -6.70 47.78% +1.47

Today:
Just pulled this off his site:

2010-11 COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON RESULTS
Wins/Losses Units +/- Win Percentage Avg Line Value
SIDES: 56-41 +14.35 57.73% +1.12
TOTALS: 8-11 -4.10 42.11% +2.61
OVERALL: 64-52 +10.25 55.17% +1.36

He's on a 21-5 run!!! 81%!!!

munson15

I want winners...

Jersey, you should keep it quiet or the lines WILL start to move bigtime.:+textinb3

sean1

EOG Dedicated

It's cause I quit betting basketball about 3 weeks ago! I've restarted today - watch out!!

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

props when do. has been doing a bit better on sides. totals disappointing. halftimes 50%.
last night obviously tremendous. problem of course is that your mindset is on the
defensive, and your bankroll is nowhere, you still have the $3,000 investment
not covered yet; so tough to fire away.
but, again, great job to ed and i hope he builds from here.
would like to have the confidence to press a bit.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Why would you not have the $3000 investment covered? Very easy to get 3-5k down on sides and he's up like 10 units...

Im confused.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

sean-- i don't bet 3000-5000 a game. also the most to get down
on a total these days is 500. ed says go 2-1 so that means bet 250
on sides. in truth i go 500 on both.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Yep - the most I can get down at his lines on a total is usually $1000 - $500 2 places. I would not pay $2500 for picks to be $500. Probably +EV, but not much.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

sean--i have the most difficult time getting accounts offshore.
in fact i have zero.
my accounts are in credit shops.
i live in c.r., have cash here, checking account in usa,
credit card in usa, yet can't seem to get anyone to take
my money. this is torture.

Wow stay away a while and I miss out on the fun topics. Couple of things ... the orginal question ... if a book knows that they are going to get 200-300 max bets in one direction into a small market why would they not move the number ASAP. There are a number of people who move the CBB totals market besides RAS. It is as I said a small market and until this year there have been several people who have had the better of the lines makers.

That being said it does not appear to be the case this year. What I really find amusing is that Bookmaker after getting crushed early on the past few years decided not to offer totals across the board. Of course this is the year it seems to have reversed and they would have recovered a lot of those losses. Shows what happens when a bookie loses faith in the power of -110 over the long haul.

Secondly ... nice run Edward. Looks like things are starting to come together well.