Uh Poster
Re: Werth is a National....

not even "werth" 3/4 of that

nationals never claimed to be smart

Hey Bartender

EOG Senior Member

Phills offered 66 million over 4 years.

I spoke to a teammate of Werths a few hours ago, he said he spoke to Jayson and he said actual numbers are confirmed as of yet.

Looks like 126 million or so over 7 years.

We will certainly miss his defense and his bat.

Good for him and his family.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

One of the streakiest hitters in baseball. When he's locked in, watch out...

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

I don't think he was ever property of the Mets, but, sure, Omar would have been stupid enough to lose him. The guy is a really good player, but that contract is obscenely high. It will preclude Washington from building a good team. Good luck to him and the Nats. I guess we'll finish fifth this year instead of fourth. Thanks to the Wilpons...the grinches who stole Christmas.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

That loud "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*********************CCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK" sound you hear is EVERY GM involved in the Carl Crawford "sweepstakes" because they know the price on Crawford just got to at least $20M a season and NO WAY they can sign him for less than 7 years/$140M

Nats showed why they are the Nats - IRRELEVANT! This contract is beyond STUPID and will RUIN this franchise in the very distant future

Albert Pujols and his agent can not be heard breaking open a CASE of Dom Perignon knowing Albert will now be getting AT LEAST $25M a season and maybe more

NO IDEA how Scott Boras does it - but every time we start to doubt him he does something like this............

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

That loud "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*********************CCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK" sound you hear is EVERY GM involved in the Carl Crawford "sweepstakes" because they know the price on Crawford just got to at least $20M a season and NO WAY they can sign him for less than 7 years/$140M

Nats showed why they are the Nats - IRRELEVANT! This contract is beyond STUPID and will RUIN this franchise in the very distant future

Albert Pujols and his agent can not be heard breaking open a CASE of Dom Perignon knowing Albert will now be getting AT LEAST $25M a season and maybe more

NO IDEA how Scott Boras does it - but every time we start to doubt him he does something like this............

This is what exactly is wrong with my favorite sport, the national pastime....

Wonder if Curt Flood knew what was down the road?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I don't think he was ever property of the Mets, but, sure, Omar would have been stupid enough to lose him. The guy is a really good player, but that contract is obscenely high. It will preclude Washington from building a good team. Good luck to him and the Nats. I guess we'll finish fifth this year instead of fourth. Thanks to the Wilpons...the grinches who stole Christmas.

I stand corrected...don't know why I thought he was a member of the Mets...all I really know is when he came to the Phillies, I was wondering why?