Miami Heat jumped as favorites again over Lakers

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Miami Heat jumped as favorites again over Lakers

Miami this season is 1-7 against teams with a winning record.

Miami should not be favored to win the Eastern Conference, let alone the 2010 championship. Their coaching is about as weak as their interior defense and bench. Mike Miller is not the cure-all.

Miami should not be favored to win the Eastern Conference, let alone the 2010 championship. Their coaching is about as weak as their interior defense and bench. Mike Miller is not the cure-all.

WVU

EOG Master

To win a ring. Calm down people, it was only the Cavaliers they beat last night.

well, couple that with 4 straight losses for the Lakers and it makes sense. Neither team is going to dominate either conference

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

well, couple that with 4 straight losses for the Lakers and it makes sense. Neither team is going to dominate either conference
It makes sense? WTF? The Heat aren't clearly the best team in the East; the Lakers are the best team in the West. It doesn't make sense at all, but nice try.

WVU

EOG Master

It makes sense? WTF? The Heat aren't clearly the best team in the East; the Lakers are the best team in the West. It doesn't make sense at all, but nice try.

the Lakers are not clearly the best team in the West. The best team so far would have to be San Antonio

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

the Lakers are not clearly the best team in the West. The best team so far would have to be San Antonio
Ok, I'll take the Lakers 1-1 to win the West and give you the Spurs for $500.

I'll take the Lakers to go to the Finals and you can have the Spurs. $500, you in?

They are clearly the best since they're the defending champions and they only got better. The Heat are 3 games over .500, and they're 1-7 vs. teams with a winning record but you think they should be favored to win the title over the Lakers?

I'll give you the Heat and I'll take the Lakers to win the title for $500 if you would like to do that as well. At least if you're losing I know it'll keep you away from the forums.

WVU

EOG Master

you think they should be favored to win the title over the Lakers?

I don't make the lines. Guys much smarter than you and I do. The oddsmakers think Miami should be favored over LA. I can understand why as can many other people who have bet the Heat down to being favs again. If you want to bet then use a book.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I don't make the lines. Guys much smarter than you and I do. The oddsmakers think Miami should be favored over LA. I can understand why as can many other people who have bet the Heat down to being favs again. If you want to bet then use a book.
Use a book? Huh? They don't offer
Spurs vs. Lakers 1-1
Miami vs. Lakers 1-1

Basically you're admitting your wrong. Whenever someone uses the "guys much smarter" line it means they are admitting they were wrong. Guys make the line based on how much $ they are going to take in on it, not who actually is going to win the title. You said some bullshit about the Spurs being better than the Lakers but you won't wager on it. You said some bullshit about the Heat deserving to be favored over the Lakers but you won't bet on it. Basically you were just spewing bullshit out of your mouth to argue.

No team that has looked as vulnerable as the Heat should be favored to win a title; end of story. The hype machine has skewed the lines, but if you actually watch the games I think you'd understand that they're not deserving of even being the 4th favorite to win it all at this point.

WVU

EOG Master

I am not admitting I am wrong. It is my opinion so there really is no right or wrong until after the season is over. I have watched every Heat game this year and most of the Laker games. Go bet those Laker futures since it is fact (according to you) that they are better. Good luck on your bets and growing up as well. 12io4j2w90

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I am not admitting I am wrong. It is my opinion so there really is no right or wrong until after the season is over. I have watched every Heat game this year and most of the Laker games. Go bet those Laker futures since it is fact (according to you) that they are better. Good luck on your bets and growing up as well. 12io4j2w90
You've watched every game and you think that team should be favored to win the title? Oh my that says all I need to know about you. There is a right and wrong; the Heat aren't deserving to be the favorites and they aren't the best team - those are just facts that have been on display early. They're certainly not better than the Celtics, but you think they should be favored over the Lakers. Telling me to grow up? Don't forget that you're the coward here big guy, not I.

WVU

EOG Master

I did not once say any team was better than the other team. All I said was that I can understand why the oddsmakers have made the Heat the favorite over the Lakers. I am sorry (but not surprised) you can't understand that.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

ESPN's Colin Cowheard (misspelled) FINALLY today on the radio admitted he was WRONG about Cleveland and said he lost a bet on the Cavs here.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Even if you think the Heat can win it all- I just don't see why anyone would bet them now. Way too early in the season- one of their big 3 players could go down with an injury. Plus, you could get the same price (or better) a few weeks before the playoffs.

I8Ahorse

EOG Addicted

It's called chemistry for a reason. Miami beginning to mesh. Most important is the end, not the beginning.

WVU

EOG Master

It's called chemistry for a reason. Miami beginning to mesh. Most important is the end, not the beginning.

true dat. 50 games into this season they will be the overwhelming favorite to win it all

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

true dat. 50 games into this season they will be the overwhelming favorite to win it all

And those DUMB enough to bet them at the awful odds they will be better not bitch and complain WHEN the Heat fails to win it all

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Overwhelming? How so? They are gelling because they have beaten a ton of bad teams in a row? They still can't beat winning teams, they still have no post presence, and they still have no bench or PG; those things are not going to change anytime soon. This team is not going to win the title this year; they WILL NOT win the East. Overwhelming favorite? Jeeze you've really lost your mind.

WVU

EOG Master

sorry timely, but you aren't worth responding to. I already graduated from middle school

WVU

EOG Master

All you fact predictors can take the no on Miami winning the championship this year. Since it is fact then the -375 line would be free money to you. Have at it.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I already have a Miami not winning the title bet for a decent amount for me.

WVU

EOG Master

Well, I hope you win that $20. Good luck

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, WVU you know how much money I have. Word is you're broke as fuck, so maybe you're talking to the wrong guy. I actually have a wager with a poster here. It's certainly not $20, but you are still the man.

rickdee

EOG Senior Member

I see +600 on MB. Not a bad price at this time IMO

San Antonio has a bit of +1550 as well

I just think if they stay healthy they have as good a shot as anybody.With the lock out pending and the age of the celts they all know this could be their last shot to win a title. Never mind MIA doesnt have the size or PG to match up wiith BOS>

WVU

EOG Master

I just think if they stay healthy they have as good a shot as anybody.With the lock out pending and the age of the celts they all know this could be their last shot to win a title. Never mind MIA doesnt have the size or PG to match up wiith BOS>

yes I agree, anything can happen. The best chance for Miami would be to see Orlando knock out Boston first.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I like where you're going, rickdee. Pierce can and has outdueled LeBron. Rondo seems to outplay Wade. Bosh is overrated and an aging KG is nearly as good.

lordjeff

EOG Enthusiast

I like where you're going, rickdee. Pierce can and has outdueled LeBron. Rondo seems to outplay Wade. Bosh is overrated and an aging KG is nearly as good.

bc center perkins should be in hi gear by play offs david stern dreams about an la boston finals, regularly

Don't look now, but Miami is starting to get their act together. Any win at Utah is very difficult. I bet that makes Cleveland fans feel all warm and fuzzy inside, knowing that their game against the Heat ignited this little run of theirs.

rickdee

EOG Senior Member

Don't look now, but Miami is starting to get their act together. Any win at Utah is very difficult. I bet that makes Cleveland fans feel all warm and fuzzy inside, knowing that their game against the Heat ignited this little run of theirs.

First game MIA has won vs a good PG... I watched the game and i agree MIA seems to be getting there act together

WVU

EOG Master

matchbook took all their NBA future lines down. How the heck can that happen?

WVU

EOG Master

Bump for timely and John Kelly who clearly do not have a handle on this year's NBA.

The odds are getting shorter for a Heat championship. The Lakers haven't looked like a championship team all season. I hope some of you grabbed some of that +390 as you won't see anything close to that from here on out. The +390 is now scalpable with the -280 matchbook has for the Heat to NOT win the championship for those who still are non believers

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Bump for timely and John Kelly who clearly do not have a handle on this year's NBA.

The odds are getting shorter for a Heat championship. The Lakers haven't looked like a championship team all season. I hope some of you grabbed some of that +390 as you won't see anything close to that from here on out. The +390 is now scalpable with the -280 matchbook has for the Heat to NOT win the championship for those who still are non believers

Miami is sure looking good now.

Nobody pushes buttons like WV...

WVU

EOG Master

Tom, your Celtics are trading at + 470 for the championship which is down from +600 that I posted earlier. I hope you got some. That future is also now available as a profitable scalp on the no.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I like the Celts at those odds. Also like the Lakers but the West is scary with San Antonio playing so well. Still Lakers are the fav's to get to the finals especially if they remain injury free. Theyare NOT motivated right now but will be in April, may and june.

Vivaldi

EOG Addicted

Miami Heat just needed time to adjust and play as a team.