Anyone else hate buying X-mas presents?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
You never know what to get each person on your list. Then you don't want to seem to cheap, so you wind up going over your budget. And then on X-mas day, you get their gift and it's a lump of coal, or better yet, a lousy sweater.

Fuck this shit.

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Anyone else hate buying X-mas presents?

I understand completely Kinger.

A few years ago we drastically cut back on who we bought for by cutting out one family event. One of the greatest things we ever did. We don't talk to them really during the year so why shell out around $700 one time a year and pretend we all like each other :doh1

(Even with four kids we never got back even half of what we spent...)

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

You just reminded me... good thing I don't have kids. :LMAO I would hate this time of year even more...

Blondie

EOG Master

Yep then you get ugly clothes that don't fit them, shit they don't want, and loud obnoxious toys with batteries already installed so you can't even stall a day or two and hope they forget about them...:doh1

focker

EOG Veteran

I did all my shopping at Amazon.com they have a lot of good ideas and you can shop at 1 in the morning if you wnat

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I did all my shopping at Amazon.com they have a lot of good ideas and you can shop at 1 in the morning if you wnat

I just did that before I made the thread... they give you Free 2-day Shipping if you sign-up for a free-trial of their Amazon ??Prime?? program. Good deal... I'll decide it's not for me in 29 days :LMAO

mr merlin

EOG Master

I just did that before I made the thread... they give you Free 2-day Shipping if you sign-up for a free-trial of their Amazon ??Prime?? program. Good deal... I'll decide it's not for me in 29 days :LMAO
I did the same thing, cancelled after 3 weeks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I had an ex-girlfriend who practically demanded expensive gifts while she bought my presents off the clearance rack. She didn't make it to Valentine's Day.

railbird

EOG Master

Phil Jackson buys each of his players an apropo book before the season starts. I do the same thing

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Big waste. Half those idiots probably never read a book in their lives. He should buy Miss Buss the Kama Sutra.

donate to a gift drive at your local fire station.
alot better than buying things for people who dont really need more gifts.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Yeah, sometimes I decide to go that route, but gift cards aren't as thoughtful. That's what I mean- this X-mas shopping thing is a pain in the ass.

Blondie

EOG Master

Yeah, sometimes I decide to go that route, but gift cards aren't as thoughtful. That's what I mean- this X-mas shopping thing is a pain in the ass.

I decide to do absolutely no gift cards this year. If they don't like what was picked out tough shit.

a gift exchange is a good route to take. its alot cheaper too obviously.

pull names out of a hat.set a limit of x amount.

Blondie

EOG Master

We use to do that, but then we were suppose to buy something small for everyone else so we ended up spending more. 2938u4ji23

haha, reminds me of an Office episode where Michael bought a $400 ipod when everyone else stayed within the limit.
Everyone wanted the ipod.

he called it Yankee Swap.