This is a venting thread

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
I know no one gives a fuck, butI need to vent and this is as good a place as any. All of this happened within the last 24 hours.

Last night, 1-2 NLHE. I'm having a good night and have around $550 in front of me from a $200 buy in. I'm on the button and raise to $15 with QQ. One caller. Flop comes 777. He checks, I bet $20. He calls. Turn 8. He bets $45, I raise to $120, he calls. River another 8. He bets $150, I fold and he shows me the 89.

A couple of orbits later, in middle position I see KK. I raise to $15, two callers. Flop Q88. Check to me, I check, and button bets $40. Fold, I call, 5 on the turn and and he bets $60. I raise to $200, which puts him all in, he calls and shows Qj. River Q. I'm actually down to $110 in my stack and I call it a night.

Today 2-5 NLHE. I buy in for $700. About the 15th hand, I have AA. I raise to $20, four callers. Flop comes K66, check to me I bet $60, player raises to $220, I fold, one caller and he eventually shows the 6.

A little later I call an unraised pot with 9 10 of hearts in the hijack. Flop comes 678 rainbow. Eureka! Three of us in the pot, player bets $60, I call, other player folds. Flop K. He bets $100, I raise to $300, and he shoves. I beat him into the pot, he shows 87 and the river is the 7.

Here comes the worst one. I call $15 on the button with A9 suited. Flop comes 994. First player bets $40, I call, and a call behind me. Turn is a 10. I bet $80, he raises me all in and I call. He turns over K9 and of course the river is a K.

I lost enough in the last 24 hours to turn my poker year 2010 from a winner to a loser. Sometimes gambling is very, very cruel.

As I said, I know I suck, no one cares, and I'm a whiner. But I needed to vent.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: This is a venting thread

Venting threads are good and nice to get the release. That's some brutal shit Palm.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Call me a donk, if you want... but I wouldn't have folded in the first hand. There's over $350 in the pot... I'd have to call $150 on the river.

cheapseats

EOG Master

online shit never amazes me anymore, so while i fell your pain, its just about common practice to see the shit you took

brians

EOG Dedicated

My last trip to vegas I had two Ace high flushes busted by boats filled up on the river. $2-$5 games, both pots over $1k. This was 6 weeks ago ... still not over it.

munson15

I want winners...

Venting threads can be very therapeutic, Tree. Cards can be very cruel.

brians

EOG Dedicated

I am learning to lick my wounds through venting/commiserating on EOG. It's a better strategy than lining my book's pockets with bail out losers.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

I asked the same thing... He probably thought the other guy had KK or AA?

Very tight player. He came very close to folding to my raise on the turn, when he bet out so quickly on the river I knew I was beat. I think he made a terrible call on the turn, but he caught a two outer and bet right into me.

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

not that it matters much but in the 2-5 game with AA make it at least 25 maybe even more.........other than that i like a good vent thread myself..........good luck

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Very tight player. He came very close to folding to my raise on the turn, when he bet out so quickly on the river I knew I was beat. I think he made a terrible call on the turn, but he caught a two outer and bet right into me.

Forget about the turn... he made a horrible call pre-flop and after the flop. 89? Jeez.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

South point easier to win than red rock, less locals and more cowboys.

Rail,

The cowboys were there becasue of WNFR going on in the first two weeks of Dec... it's over till next Dec. Southpoint is the host hotel for the PRCA.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

My poker career is in it's infancy. I can only imagine loses like that. I cry when I lose a 75 cent pot. The venting is more than understood in my opinion. I don't think I have the patience to get to those levels.

I have been playing poker for may a year. Things like this happen. I remember playing on a 7 stud table. I get 4 ladies, to be gunned down by 4 bullets. Seven hands later, I catch the 4 bullets and beat the guy who defeated me earlier. He caught the 4 ladies. I am sure that all of the poker players in here can tell countless stories about bad beats. You tend to remember those instead of the hands that you won and had no business winning. Those hands all break even in the long run. You just do not remember the winning hands like that. Only the losers.

High Times

EOG Master

Play the cards and not the player.

I think that is the most overated thing in poker. The cards are the only thing that matters.

If you have a hand you have to play it and stop worrying what the other players are doing.

If you lose on a full house

That's life

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Hang in there, PalmTree. I never caught the poker bug. Seems like a time-consuming endeavor.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

I have been playing poker for may a year. Things like this happen. I remember playing on a 7 stud table. I get 4 ladies, to be gunned down by 4 bullets. Seven hands later, I catch the 4 bullets and beat the guy who defeated me earlier. He caught the 4 ladies. I am sure that all of the poker players in here can tell countless stories about bad beats. You tend to remember those instead of the hands that you won and had no business winning. Those hands all break even in the long run. You just do not remember the winning hands like that. Only the losers.

People say this but its just not true. If you are the type of player not to risk a huge decision without knowing you having the best of it, how does it even out? I always try not to put myself in that position, so I never suck out on anyone. Meanwhile, if it happened as often as it should according to percentages, I'd have no problem with that. But it happens way more often than it should.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Play the cards and not the player.

I think that is the most overated thing in poker. The cards are the only thing that matters.

If you have a hand you have to play it and stop worrying what the other players are doing.

If you lose on a full house

That's life

No offense, but that's just plain dumb. If you live in Vegas, you see guys every day that want to play NLHE and might as well be playing with their cards exposed. They don't play often, but love to "mix it up" when they come here.

In this case the guy couldn't decide what to do, then hit his card and you could see it all over his face. I knew I was beat and it wasn't even a tough decision to lay it down.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I remember this one hand, I had pkt kings...an ace came on the flop...I didnt think the other guy had an ace, so I bet...but he did...and I lost.

High Times

EOG Master

No offense, but that's just plain dumb. If you live in Vegas, you see guys every day that want to play NLHE and might as well be playing with their cards exposed. They don't play often, but love to "mix it up" when they come here.

In this case the guy couldn't decide what to do, then hit his card and you could see it all over his face. I knew I was beat and it wasn't even a tough decision to lay it down.

Everybodys the same with me.

Could careless what their facial expressions are because knowing what cards could be where is all that matters.

And you can tell that by the way people bet, not by what their facial expressions are.