High Times give us a little gambling background on you, u seem to know the "biz" a bit

Tuckman

Uh Poster
If we can get past your egotistical self bumping winners, u seem to know a bit about the other side of the counter..Was it something u did before u just became a degenerate like the rest of us, or do you just think u know how everything works (kinda like Rainbow)

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: High Times give us a little gambling background on you, u seem to know the "biz" a bit

oij213490

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: High Times give us a little gambling background on you, u seem to know the "biz" a bit

we need a teddyKgb interview with High Times. whenever teddy gets back from rehab.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I like the teddykgb hotseat.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

This is the first time I've seen High Times not have anything to say. :LMAO

soli

EOG Dedicated

High Times knows it all....just ask him...he'll tell ya how much he knows and also knock down anybody else that you might give credit too.2938u4ji23

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

If we can get past your egotistical self bumping winners, u seem to know a bit about the other side of the counter..Was it something u did before u just became a degenerate like the rest of us, or do you just think u know how everything works (kinda like Rainbow)

Rainbow's the man.

We need to find out more about HT...

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Give him some credit too, he said all along that Auburn was the side to be on last night.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

So did Railbird, after the game.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Wow, kid must not have any resume.......

High Times

EOG Master

I have nothing to hide. :cheers

I moved to Las Vegas in 1980

Met some of the biggest sports bettors there were at the time.

Worked for them for about 5 years and learned just about everything I need to learn as I belive you need at least 5 full years before you can say you have experienced action.

Same friends had other friends that needed some who could run an off-shore sport book and moved off-shore for about 10 years.

Met a lot people there is to know in the business. I don't suck up to enough people and that probably in my biggest mistake in the whole business side for myself. I really do think I'm sharper then most. Hopefullly everyone does this.

Moved back to Las Vegas as I got ripped off from a partner in an off-shore sports book.

I got as much money as I could of him and moved back to Las Vegas.

I am very private.

Anyone who has ever lived/bet in Las Vegas knows having some friends is a "Great idea" when you carry a lot of money around.

Again I am very private and probably know almost every poster on the forums (the posters from 1980-2111) las Vegas sports book scene, but probably never talked to them either. I have this problem trusting people.

Again

I am very private

I have been around, and around, and am going around again.

It's the only way too live.

August West

Rambler

you sound perfectly normal...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Now I am sure we know each other....see you around sometime.....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Note to self: always respect the privacy of High Times.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I have nothing to hide. :cheers

I moved to Las Vegas in 1980

Met some of the biggest sports bettors there were at the time.

Worked for them for about 5 years and learned just about everything I need to learn as I belive you need at least 5 full years before you can say you have experienced action.

Same friends had other friends that needed some who could run an off-shore sport book and moved off-shore for about 10 years.

Met a lot people there is to know in the business. I don't suck up to enough people and that probably in my biggest mistake in the whole business side for myself. I really do think I'm sharper then most. Hopefullly everyone does this.

Moved back to Las Vegas as I got ripped off from a partner in an off-shore sports book.

I got as much money as I could of him and moved back to Las Vegas.

I am very private.

Anyone who has ever lived/bet in Las Vegas knows having some friends is a "Great idea" when you carry a lot of money around.

Again I am very private and probably know almost every poster on the forums (the posters from 1980-2111) las Vegas sports book scene, but probably never talked to them either. I have this problem trusting people.

Again

I am very private

I have been around, and around, and am going around again.

It's the only way too live.

That clears up a lot... I always figured he'd gotten booted or canned by an offshore book due to all of his bitterness towards the industry and those in it... the constant shots at linemakers and shop owners make sense now. Of course, there's generally two sides to each story when it comes to someone getting ripped off when a partnership splits up.

High Times

EOG Master

That clears up a lot... I always figured he'd gotten booted or canned by an offshore book due to all of his bitterness towards the industry and those in it... the constant shots at linemakers and shop owners make sense now. Of course, there's generally two sides to each story when it comes to someone getting ripped off when a partnership splits up.

I think (or) try to take shots at the business "as a hole", as far as the things that happened to me business wise.

Not on the internet.

I walked away because of the type of people I got involved in and that "is that"

A lot of the other people I got involved with were very good people. I got lucky there!

BigDaddy

EOG Master

rainbow knows a ton more than the average guy about offshore and gambling.

i don't think he gets enough credit

nope...i say that at least weekly.

its mostly jealousy,
his one weakness is his passion and defending himself and this business....most people dont listen cause that means if they do then they dont know everything there is to know about gambling....and when he proves guys wrong they need to take cheap shots at him.....again cause they are jealous....there are about 10 guys on tis board i want to know what they say.....sometimes they clash, but all should realize there are different ways to run and be successful in this business and no one knows everything.....for example..i think high times and rainbow both give great value, but when they fight and get in a pissing contest its all about EGO and not EOG....lol.....its ok to dissagree and there are no absolutes here, share your experiences,opinions and realize everyone wont agree with u and sometimes never will....u can bring them to water but if they dont drink so be it.....most of us didnt have EOG to learn this business ,we did by making mistakes and learning from them.....any opportunity to learn 10 years of gambling in 3 due to a site here to exchange views u couldnt do 15 years ago should be respected....

i mean when i could only talk face to face with 5 guys 3 nights a week about gambling...well in 10 years u can learn a lot...but when u add the internet, seeing lines at every book and gamblers throughout the world exchanging ideas, theory and handicapping, well u can get 7 years knowlege in 2...

.kind of like poker....doyle brunson in his first 40 years probably saw as many hands as a internet professional sees in 5 mabye less...does it help brick and mortar play with reads..somewhat if the reads are due to bet sizing, but the math and education is so much better due to the internet....if we could keep the bullshit out we could all be better at this "business" and learn from the best....u just need to realize u arent the best to truly get better

High Times

EOG Master

nope...i say that at least weekly.

its mostly jealousy,
his one weakness is his passion and defending himself and this business....most people dont listen cause that means if they do then they dont know everything there is to know about gambling....and when he proves guys wrong they need to take cheap shots at him.....again cause they are jealous....there are about 10 guys on tis board i want to know what they say.....sometimes they clash, but all should realize there are different ways to run and be successful in this business and no one knows everything.....for example..i think high times and rainbow both give great value, but when they fight and get in a pissing contest its all about EGO and not EOG....lol.....its ok to dissagree and there are no absolutes here, share your experiences,opinions and realize everyone wont agree with u and sometimes never will....u can bring them to water but if they dont drink so be it.....most of us didnt have EOG to learn this business ,we did by making mistakes and learning from them.....any opportunity to learn 10 years of gambling in 3 due to a site here to exchange views u couldnt do 15 years ago should be respected....

i mean when i could only talk face to face with 5 guys 3 nights a week about gambling...well in 10 years u can learn a lot...but when u add the internet, seeing lines at every book and gamblers throughout the world exchanging ideas, theory and handicapping, well u can get 7 years knowlege in 2...

.kind of like poker....doyle brunson in his first 40 years probably saw as many hands as a internet professional sees in 5 mabye less...does it help brick and mortar play with reads..somewhat if the reads are due to bet sizing, but the math and education is so much better due to the internet....if we could keep the bullshit out we could all be better at this "business" and learn from the best....u just need to realize u arent the best to truly get better

Sharp poster

Tuckman

Uh Poster

:cheers thanks for the responses HT

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

High Times...did you work for Plato and Jigsaw in Venezuela?

High Times

EOG Master

High Times...did you work for Plato and Jigsaw in Venezuela?

I worked in Venezuela before they opened that office. I think there were 3 or 4 office's down there by then.

Did some P&C for them, but as you know can't discuss details about all this.

HT you're prob a really smart dude, but you come off like a know it all. Rainbow does the same, he just post more plays then you, and they win at a good clip

High Times

EOG Master

HT you're prob a really smart dude, but you come off like a know it all. Rainbow does the same, he just post more plays then you, and they win at a good clip

Right now My bets are not worth posting.

I will not let people lose money becasue I said a bet was great.

I will post opinions in other posters plays/bets threads and sometimes just give my opinion, but in no way am I going to post BETS/Plays just to do it (to get the glory) as money is involved.

High Times

EOG Master

I WILL BE BACK.

Right now I am a non-factor.

I feel you I do the same. Id rather post my opinion in someone elses thread. Had a great 2010 and keeping it going into 2011, just not comfortable posting plays, not that anyone would, but if they tailed and lost I don't wanna hear it. Was being tailed by 5-6 people at another site during football and didn't like it. I don't handle pressure from other people about their money well, that's why I don't like being staked in higher stakes poker from my uncle, Im ok losing a few bullets in 2-5NL for a dime of my money, but I don't need to be losing 5 stacks in 10-25NL which he plays. Even tho he's family and won't care because he can afford it, I don't need that pressure and be playing scared.

High Times

EOG Master

Got many offers to be a tout in the 80's

Nothing against touts, but I just can't do it. Me winning and losing is enough pressure.

Don't want to make a village rich through my picks. How hard would that be?

I really respect the pros that do post picks here for people, Buskie, Netto, JK, and I'm very grateful they do. I couldn't handle a whole forum being on my back

I wish RayCabino would come back, he was getting dogged by some bitches for having a tough run, hate that shit

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I agree, BigDaddy. I enjoy reading rainbow's insight.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I wish RayCabino would come back, he was getting dogged by some bitches for having a tough run, hate that shit

I agree, Seanie Mac. Raycabino was a winner.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Yea, that guy was always a good read. Maybe someone here knows how to run him down and give him the heads up on the new look, feel and character of EOG.

every so often a rumor pops up that he's using another name, nothing concrete though. he made me some coin and def knew what he was doing, he'd be perfect for the new EOG and the direction it's heading

he knew totals well, especially soft college totals. Remember once he had a huge play on a Texas Under, only needed 7 points in the 2h to go over, they scored 6, it was awesome

High Times

EOG Master

I liked that RayCabino too

He mad soome plays that a lot of poster ripped him for and for no reason. He knew his stuff.

Asshole Posters pissed him off and he left I guess.

Does suck to see something post it and it wins and yet yhe losers is what poster rip you for.

Oh well that sports betting.

My theory is the common poster assumes "pros" don't lose, and can't wrap their head around 56% being like the holy grail of sportsbetting. Their mind is so polluted with touts promising 70% that when someone who we all know is sharp, hits a tough spot or doesn't go 8-0 on a Saturday, they automatically suck.