NFL "Mafia" steals game from Jets, awards it to Pitt!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Well you little motherfucker, you have to click on the thread to read comments from one of EOG's best ........

Ok, so the mafia didnt actually hurt the Jets but they certainly didnt' help. First drive of the game, Pitt was going to go 3 and out and the 'mafia' stepped in and prolonged the drive. The Jets got a few penalties in their favor, but there was nothing they got that really helped them. I'm pretty sure there was no O line holding calls on Pitt, yet my television told a different tale.

Jets on first and goal late in the game are throwing passes instead of pounding the rock up the middle 3 times in row. They ran LT at the end and he's not a push the pile runner, im not sure where Shonn Greene was. horrible playcalling there.

Sanchez showed some guts to come back, but the Jets just put themselves in too big of a hole to get out of.

Pitt played better than i thought they would play, i didnt think they were as good as they showed. They were much better today than the week before. Jets got all full of themselves by beating an overrated Pats team, so they must of thought they just had to 'show up' in Pitt and get the win.

If the Jets want to go to the Super Bowl they have to win the division and get home games, its really hard to win on the road 3 games in a row.

The better team won, Congrats to Big Ben and Steel Nation.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
Re: NFL "Mafia" steals game from Jets, awards it to Pitt!

It was like the Steelers offensive line cut a deal and got immunity. I saw at least four blatant holding calls that were just ignored. Two of them were right in front of Hochuli. But you are correct about the terrible play calling. On the goal line and before the half. Why drop back on 2nd and 17 from inside your own 20? Cost them the game.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

It was like the Steelers offensive line cut a deal and got immunity. I saw at least four blatant holding calls that were just ignored. Two of them were right in front of Hochuli. But you are correct about the terrible play calling. On the goal line and before the half. Why drop back on 2nd and 17 from inside your own 20? Cost them the game.

there is holding just about every play if u look closely, it tends to go both ways imo

Iona

EOG Dedicated

IMHO, I thought that the Steelers pretty much got all the breaks tonight. Notwithstanding the breaks, the refs seemed to turn a blind eye to many Steeler fouls while calling everything against the Jets (running into the kicker). Specifically, there were two (2) back to back plays that I thought the Steelers should have received 15 yard personal fouls on; The Jet quarterback slid and was down but hit late and the next play there was a helmut to helmut by a Steeler defensive back. Nothing called.

In the spirt of full disclosure, I had a Jets ML and + 3 1/2 ticket.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I had Steelers moneyline and thought they got all the breaks as well. Ain't complainin though.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

IMHO, I thought that the Steelers pretty much got all the breaks tonight. Notwithstanding the breaks, the refs seemed to turn a blind eye to many Steeler fouls while calling everything against the Jets (running into the kicker). Specifically, there were two (2) back to back plays that I thought the Steelers should have received 15 yard personal fouls on; The Jet quarterback slid and was down but hit late and the next play there was a helmut to helmut by a Steeler defensive back. Nothing called.

Harrison threw an elbow that connected with Sanchez's helmet on the slide and there was no call. Sean Ellis' jersey was pulled so hard that his name was covering his shoulder and no call. on a huge 3rd down play. Jets blew the game with a horrible first half more than the refs stole the game, but the zebras were incredibly one sided.

J

joeybagadonuts

You're a fukkkin NUT, FK! I do respect the fact that no matter how crazy something is, you will say it! You stick to your guns no matter what and there is something to be said about that. Too bad for you, you're way off in about 9 of 10 threads you make. Always baseball where you'll complain about how MLB fixes all the yankees games against them as well.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

You're a fukkkin NUT, FK! I do respect the fact that no matter how crazy something is, you will say it! You stick to your guns no matter what and there is something to be said about that. Too bad for you, you're way off in about 9 of 10 threads you make. Always baseball where you'll complain about how MLB fixes all the yankees games against them as well.

Right on Joe. Where you posting nowadays Joe? You no at Capwins? I sure there was drama but I did not hear. Can you give me a quick summary.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Mammon fired Joey.

You are probably joking. Mammon used to be cool but I swear has lost it. I want to hear what happned to Joe., He was a big wig at CapWins. Wha happened?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Thank You. Harrison, with a HUGE reputation as a complete bag of scum dives down and elbows Sanchize in the head, NO CALL. They're supposed to protect the QBs in this league, well, maybe they protect who they want to protect (see the bogus Roughing call on Peppers against Rodgers).

Don't forget that the Steelers were handed the super bowl vs the Seahawks by the mafia....good luck for all of those who are betting on GB, you know they fix super bowls for pitt.

By the way, there was massive holding on James Harrison's runback in the SB against Az, a game which AZ should have won, if not for the 'mafia'.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

If you know it's going to be fixed why the hell would oyu bet against them?

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

REAL ABD PLAY CALLING FOR JETS ON THAT FORT AND GOAL, NO DOUBT.

AS FOR THE STEELERS, SHUT OUT IN 2ND HALF--WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT PLAY CALLING.

HATE WATCHING PUSSY COACHES CALLING A GAME NOT TO LOSE. SHOWS LITTLE CONFIDENCE.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

REAL ABD PLAY CALLING FOR JETS ON THAT FORT AND GOAL, NO DOUBT.

AS FOR THE STEELERS, SHUT OUT IN 2ND HALF--WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT PLAY CALLING.

HATE WATCHING PUSSY COACHES CALLING A GAME NOT TO LOSE. SHOWS LITTLE CONFIDENCE.

Give some credit to the Jets defense...Tomlin sure wasn't sitting on the lead the last 6 or so minutes....some real good play calling...

I guess it did not take long for the conspiracy tehorist to show their ugly faces. The Jets lost. Plain and simple. No excuses Jets fans. Both games were played exceptionally poorly. The Steelers almost gave a 24-0 lead away, and the Packers almost lost to a 3rd string QB who had to study the playbook before he entered the game. Two of the worst Conference Championship games that I have seen in quite a while.

Deluxer

EOG Enthusiast

I guess it did not take long for the conspiracy tehorist to show their ugly faces. The Jets lost. Plain and simple. No excuses Jets fans. Both games were played exceptionally poorly. The Steelers almost gave a 24-0 lead away, and the Packers almost lost to a 3rd string QB who had to study the playbook before he entered the game. Two of the worst Conference Championship games that I have seen in quite a while.

Both games were pretty anti climatic considering I was pretty psyched for both of them. Go Steelers! (I have them in a preseason SB pool)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

So, the Mafia stayed inside, kept warm, drank hot coco and didn't place a wager?:LMAO

I guess this was one game the Mafia passed....as they didnt have an edge!! :LMAO