Who has the best EOG team?

biggamer3

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

We're sticking with 1 thing -- random.

We voted at the end of last season. Obviously ridiculous.

Move on.
yeah enough of the back and forth, i was not in favor of vote last year since guys were just voting based on standings.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Strong armed commish. lol, he's going with what suits him best. We had a vote, and it didn't go the way some guys wanted so the newly anointed Commissioner (who wants it one way) ignores the vote and the fact that they both said we'd do it reverse. Great stuff. Fun league to have the 10th pick after coming in last in a keeper league - one of the dumbest things i've ever seen in a fantasy league by far.

tripp

EOG Master

why do people even care? there really is no advantage for one spot over another when we're starting in the 6th round in a snake draft.

I have 7th pick i believe (which is pretty much dead on what i wanted) and ill trade it to anyone that wants it if they're just going to whine about their spot. i don't care if it's 12th, 10th, 4th or whatever. it's all the same to me.

tripp

EOG Master

Tripp- Trying to deal JJ?

well yeah he's the one guy i have with high trade value that im actually willing to deal.

no way i deal Doc or Pedy, and I probably value Lester higher than anybody.

as if said just would rather not have two aces in the same division. really there's only a few pitchers i would take in a JJ deal; Wainwright, Felix and Lincecum.

One of the offers though is for better bats and i would just go with 2 sp

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

why do people even care? there really is no advantage for one spot over another when we're starting in the 6th round in a snake draft.

I have 7th pick i believe (which is pretty much dead on what i wanted) and ill trade it to anyone that wants it if they're just going to whine about their spot. i don't care if it's 12th, 10th, 4th or whatever. it's all the same to me.
Just dumb. Let's see, with the 1st 6 picks Utley and Heyward will go, with the next 6 it'll be guys like Werth and Choo - I guess you make sense LOL. It's not all the same, and that makes no sense. Drafting 10-11-12 is brutal, and the guys that are drafting there had the worst teams last year. Makes sense. It's the difference between getting a borderline keeper guy (some auto-keeper guys on stacked teams) and getting a guy no one would keep but tripp doesn't get the difference.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Strong armed commish. lol, he's going with what suits him best. We had a vote, and it didn't go the way some guys wanted so the newly anointed Commissioner (who wants it one way) ignores the vote and the fact that they both said we'd do it reverse. Great stuff. Fun league to have the 10th pick after coming in last in a keeper league - one of the dumbest things i've ever seen in a fantasy league by far.
boo hoo, stop whining

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Bounce-back player ... Matt Kemp, OF
Over his first two full seasons, Kemp established himself as a player on the rise, holding his batting average and stolen base total steady while increasing his power. Last year, the power continued to increase, but that was overshadowed by huge hits to his average and steals. Kemp is still only 26, just old enough to be entering the peak of his career. It's not unusual for a young player to take a step back before plateauing into his best years. There is no reason to think that Kemp will repeat or do worse than his 2010 performance and 2011 provides owners with a great buy-low opportunity. Kemp's collapse last year was neither complete nor part of a long-term trend. Expect Kemp to produce like a No. 2 Fantasy outfielder, though you may be able to draft him as your No. 3.

tripp

EOG Master

I'm sure there will be guys drafting between 7-12 that get the same guy they'd draft at 1 or 2 in the 1st round. Choo has proven a hell of a lot more than Heyward anyways

And like I said, if you want my 7th overall pick instead of wherever you draft, take it. I wish i had a top four pick so I could trade that away to make my point even more so, but I don't

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

boo hoo, stop whining
Just sick of all the flip flopping and bullshit. The last post made on the draft ordeal was made by TTP saying we were doing reverse - I start planning my draft that way and then today RJT says no no no, he didn't mean that? Makes no sense. When we say something is going to be one way, it should stay that way. Last year we determined mid-way through the season (NOT THE END) that we were doing a reverse order but then TTP bitches and it changes because of that? Stupid rule.

I'll whine all I want. I'm putting $250 into the league, and I have one of the 3 worst picks in the draft by far after I finished last season poorly and it's a keeper league. It's unbelievably dumb.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm sure there will be guys drafting between 7-12 that get the same guy they'd draft at 1 or 2 in the 1st round. Choo has proven a hell of a lot more than Heyward anyways

And like I said, if you want my 7th overall pick instead of wherever you draft, take it. I wish i had a top four pick so I could trade that away to make my point even more so, but I don't
Can't trade draft picks, and this is more than just about the pick. It's about the fact that we came to an agreement on something, I bumped all the posts from last year, and then TTP or someone doesn't want to do it once this year comes around so we change? That makes no sense. Then to top it all off, he says last week that we're doing reverse again. It's just a joke.

tripp

EOG Master

Just so everything is made clear here, it was NEVER actually determined we were doing reverse last year. Not as if we held the vote and right away all votes were cast and reverse won. For about a month I think there were only 8 votes cast and it was 4-4 if i remember right. People kept saying for the others that did not vote yet to do so, and eventually 11 votes were cast (1 by someone not currently in the league even).

My draft pick is the same either way so I have nothing to lose/gain here. I say if this is going to cause a bunch of whining just put it to a final vote right now and majority rules. People will of course argue that guys will vote random if they got a high slot, but that works both ways as guys like timely, tuck, viejo etc. that expected a high pick and got low will vote for what suits them the best.

I vote for what I always have voted for, random.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Just sick of all the flip flopping and bullshit. The last post made on the draft ordeal was made by TTP saying we were doing reverse - I start planning my draft that way and then today RJT says no no no, he didn't mean that? Makes no sense. When we say something is going to be one way, it should stay that way. Last year we determined mid-way through the season (NOT THE END) that we were doing a reverse order but then TTP bitches and it changes because of that? Stupid rule.

I'll whine all I want. I'm putting $250 into the league, and I have one of the 3 worst picks in the draft by far after I finished last season poorly and it's a keeper league. It's unbelievably dumb.
i wanted Reverse last year but no one was willing to say that until they had a poll with 2 weeks left and all the guys on bottom voted reverse obviously. random is the only thing to do now since we did have a few teams who didn't field lineups properly last few weeks, no way can we reward teams for quitting on league.

RJT set the random order and some guys got the raw deal, if you were #1 u wouldnt be saying a word. For the record Tripp is nice enough to want to exchange his #7 spot which IMO is a great spot here

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why would we vote again. We voted last year, the final tally was 6-5, and that's final. Then TTP said that's what we were doing 1 week ago. I am not voting for what suits me, I am voting for the logical way to run a keeper fantasy league.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Reward teams for quitting? Are you guys retarded? Seriously? This is unreal. The last post on the topic said we were doing reverse and it was the finalized decision. Sometimes the things that happen in this league are laughable - basic keeper rules is reverse order, and it has been since fantasy was created.

rjt721

EOG Master

:deadhorse:

Are we really still on this?

Yes, I'm cheating. Having the 1st pick is such a huge advantage when the all the good guys will be long gone when it gets back to me in round 2. I'm trying to fuck you guys.

Funny thing is you said yourself having the top pick sucks.

Here are the facts:

1. Our vote last season came at the end of the year. If you can't see the problem with that, I don't know what to tell you.
2. The league is still split between who wants random and reverse. No matter what decision we go with people will complain.

We can move on or you can continue to cry.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'll cry because the last statement made about it said we were doing reverse and he said he confirmed it with you - the commissioner. People may complain, but basic fantasy rules would state that in a keeper league reverse-snake draft is in order.

Having the top pick does suck, but it's better than having the 10-11-12 pick.

rjt721

EOG Master

TTP was making a point that he'll beat you clowns no matter how the draft is set up. He obviously wants random, he's said it a million times.

Tuck said he wanted reverse but was sick of the bitching so just do random. I did. And here we are.

You're not even complaining that it's random, you're just complaining that you happened to get a shitty pick in the random order. It happens. Move on.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Timely I honestly feel i am hearing Cee whine about the draft order.

Thought u had stones. I have been 12th pick 4 drafts in a row. All 4 we have had I somehow got last pick.

Playoffs each one.

Man the f up.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm complaining that the bottom teams are in worst position to succeed in the league ALREADY than the top teams from last year (which is unacceptable in a keeper league) - and that's eliminating keepers from the equation.

To be honest, we should invoke a clause that if you don't keep 5 people (say Viejo only wants to keep 3) you get the 1st and 2nd pick until you have 5 keepers. This would obviously only be a rule to help Viejo as everyone else will be keeping 5 guys but I think Viejo should actually have the 1st, and 2nd pick, before the draft even starts.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely I honestly feel i am hearing Cee whine about the draft order.

Thought u had stones. I have been 12th pick 4 drafts in a row. All 4 we have had I somehow got last pick.

Playoffs each one.

Man the f up.

LOL, I'll draft wherever (as I said, I think 1 sucks too) I'm just pointing out the fundamental mistakes made by this league. Keeper league = snake reverse draft. Non-keeper = random draft. Fantasy sports = not for everyone.

Think we should seriously consider giving Viejo the first two picks though.

I'm done bitching, took out as much as possible on RJ. Gotta break in the commish.

rjt721

EOG Master

lol this made me laugh.

Draft a month away, we don't even know what players are in the pool yet and Timely is "planning" his draft. :LMAO

That deserves a "you can't make this shit up."

Timetopay

EOG Master

LOL, I'll draft wherever (as I said, I think 1 sucks too) I'm just pointing out the fundamental mistakes made by this league. Keeper league = snake reverse draft. Non-keeper = random draft. Fantasy sports = not for everyone.

Think we should seriously consider giving Viejo the first two picks though.

I'm done bitching, took out as much as possible on RJ. Gotta break in the commish.

Like I said I would be happpppppppy to do reverse reverse order when first place gets benefit of first pick and so on.

Then no one abandons teams and you get rewarded for doing well.

This pussy ass Obama democrat reward the loser stuff makes me puke

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Also, why did RJT have to do the draft order? He's the commish and can manipulate it. Why didn't we just do it the way we did last years random order? Someone posts #1-12 randomly in a row, and someone else posts 12 names randomly in a row at the same time and then we match them up. Just not real comfortable with RJ running the draft and the league - seems dangerous. :yay

Timetopay

EOG Master

Also, why did RJT have to do the draft order? He's the commish and can manipulate it. Why didn't we just do it the way we did last years random order? Someone posts #1-12 randomly in a row, and someone else posts 12 names randomly in a row at the same time and then we match them up. Just not real comfortable with RJ running the draft and the league - seems dangerous. :yay

RJT is a sneaky little jap. Watch the dude.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

RJT is a sneaky little jap. Watch the dude.
Right, I agree. I'm just saying we're getting too comfortable with RJ and he may screw us all over. I mean you say you want to do reverse order, and RJ issues an executive order to over rule your decision because he has someone in mind for the 1st pick - no doubt in my mind about that.