Fear not loyal RAS followers.....

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: Fear not loyal RAS followers.....

how about you do a 30 plays in 30 days for us TB, show us what u got..

Sharp darlings come and go. Witness Dr. Bob from a few years ago.

RAS now has semi-dysfunctional human beings hanging on his every word.

This only ends in heartbreak.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

tom, i think you are correct. he needs to chase to quote unquote get even.
11 totals yesterday. apparently ras has shot its load. no more to be feared.
shocked books still move on his plays. ridiculous.
i never get upset when i make a play from one of our posters
here and it loses. the selections come from hard work and are offered
without a fee. when a service charges 2600, i would liike to get something
in return. don?t mind spending money-hate pissing it away.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Would like to see a 30-30 from Archie Bunker.

I'd just love to see you keep an honest record for 30 days... everytime some one tracks you they come up with you having a losing record. I guess actually keeping track of your plays would make it hard to keep bragging about never having a losing month... oops, I forgot about Jan. :LMAO

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

tom, i think you are correct. he needs to chase to quote unquote get even.
11 totals yesterday. apparently ras has shot its load. no more to be feared.
shocked books still move on his plays. ridiculous.
i never get upset when i make a play from one of our posters
here and it loses. the selections come from hard work and are offered
without a fee. when a service charges 2600, i would liike to get something
in return. don?t mind spending money-hate pissing it away.

I hear you Bernie. In past years RAS has gone light when ahead. Now he is in full chase mode. THe point is valid. He will have a million more totals before all is said and done for better or worse.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

It's amazing the similarities between Dr. Bob and Edward Golden.

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member

There's a big difference between RAS and Dr Bob, John: RAS hasn't gone public with it's methodology.

No one should ever have jumped on the "RAS is GOD" bandwagon when they were hot, but neither should they condemn them now that they aren't. There's way too much "how have you done lately" attitude in this biz. It's a long run game, we all know that intellectually but forget it when the time comes to heed it. After all these years in the game RAS's sample of bets is still pretty small. Too small to say "RAS is GOD," and this one season's sample, even smaller, is too small to say "RAS sucks!".

The most important thing to remember is that losing seasons doesn't even necessarily mean the game has passed you by or that the market has changed (although I think the CBB totals market has drastically changed this year).

The difference in results, year to year, probably doesn't mean that you've lost your edge if you've been losing, or gotten this handicapping thing down pat if you've been winning. It probably just means you've been cold if you've been losing and have been hot if you've been winning. And having been hot or cold doesn't have predictive value.

Get real. I watch it everyday.

The same guys who used to rush to the window for Dr. Bob, now do the same thing for a RAS release.

He needs to hang on to that mystique as long as he can.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Ed will be chasing until the first weekend in April. Plenty of chasing still left.......:houra
You literally are the definition of a hater - if anyone has had success you want them to fail so you can hate on them. It's sad.

High Times

EOG Master

You literally are the definition of a hater - if anyone has had success you want them to fail so you can hate on them. It's sad.

The sad thing is that he is not the only poster that acts like this!

Way too many hateful a$$holes that post for no other reason then to screw with other posters.

And then you have the posters that want someone to make them easy money by following them. That ain't happening.

Followers are IGNORANT People... PERIOD!

:btj:

Then you have the TOUTS that pretend to be the greatest gamblers of all time, but what would you expect from them!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

What cracks me up is people are having a nervous breakdown with RAS struggles clinging every day to his picks. At this point you might consider backing off and not going "all in" with RAS. Ed is chasing and I doubt he gets hot this year (but you never know)...just be smart, read the market, do your homework and spread the wealth. But if you choose to chase with ED, there will be ample opportunity. LOL...

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

pokerjoe-
for sake of discussion, would you say ras believes they are GOD
by upping their price a huge percentage this season from prior
seasons? this disturbs me. they were assuming a successful season
by increasing their prices. if you choose to do so based on positive
thinking, then produce

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

pokerjoe-
for sake of discussion, would you say ras believes they are GOD
by upping their price a huge percentage this season from prior
seasons? this disturbs me. they were assuming a successful season
by increasing their prices. if you choose to do so based on positive
thinking, then produce

I am not pokerJoe, Bernie but will take a stab. It depends on how you look at it. His prices have gone thru the roof since 5-7 years ago. Way higher than the last few years increases. He started low for a while and has gone high. If you saw the prices a few years ago you would be really pissed. It is supply and demand. Once he got hot and got a name then ED took advantage and went nuts on the prices. If you raise prices and people still buy in droves, then what do you do? He keeps raising but did have success. He also has the sharps buying from him and they will pay anything. It is a tough vicious cutthroat business at times. You can decide the morals but these are the facts.

munson15

I want winners...

I think of it as a ballplayer who makes the big money, he can't play better just because he makes more money, in fact the pressure can have the reverse effect.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

The stats on their website. Are they credible? They are supposed to be there 10 minutes after tipoff but there is nothing there for today.
PHP:

"Pasted from their site"

Below you will find all our college basketball picks and records from both current and past seasons. All RAS plays will be displayed here no more than 10 minutes after the college basketball game start time for full transparency.

<TABLE class=border-box border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=550 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=box-bg-green height=18 colSpan=5 align=middle>2010-11 COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON RESULTS</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px dotted" bgColor=#cccccc width=97> </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px dotted" class="txt13 bold gray-drk" bgColor=#cccccc width=101 align=middle>Wins/Losses</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px dotted" class="txt13 bold gray-drk" bgColor=#cccccc width=81 align=middle>Units +/-</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px dotted" class="txt13 bold gray-drk" bgColor=#cccccc width=113 align=middle>Win Percentage</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid" class="txt13 bold gray-drk" bgColor=#cccccc width=118 align=middle>Avg Line Value</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px dotted; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1>SIDES:</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px dotted; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>105-90</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px dotted; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>+8.55</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px dotted; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>53.85%</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>+0.97</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted">TOTALS:</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" align=middle>63-69</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" align=middle>-12.90 </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" align=middle>47.73%</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" align=middle>+1.89</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 6px; FONT-SIZE: 13px; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 height=30>OVERALL:</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>168-159</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>-4.35 </TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px dotted" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>51.38%</TD><TD style="COLOR: #209120; FONT-SIZE: 13px" bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=middle>+1.34</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Flash Graph Chart START here -->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="js/swfobject.js"></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=ie_chart codeBase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=705 align=middle height=250>

<embed src="open-flash-chart.swf?data=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.handicapper.net%2Flib%2Fchart-data-cbb10-11.php" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="705" height="250" name="chart" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" id="chart"/></OBJECT>
<!-- Flash Graph Chart END here -->
<!-- Pick Count Down START --><TABLE class=border-box border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 bgColor=#f4f5f1 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" class="txt13 bold" align=middle>
Currently No Pending Picks​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" class=border-box border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=710 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=box-bg-green height=20 colSpan=7 noWrap align=middle>2010-11 College Basketball Pick Results: SIDES

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- February 2010-11 SIDES start --><TABLE style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" class=border-box border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=710 align=center><TBODY><TR class=reporttblthbody><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" bgColor=#d8d9c7 colSpan=7 align=middle>February's College Basketball Picks - SIDES: Win/Loss: 11-14 | Units: -5.10 | Average Line Value: +0.78

</TD></TR><TR class=reporttblthbody><TD class="txt12 bold" height=16 width="8%" noWrap align=middle>Date</TD><TD class="txt12 bold" height=16 width="44%" noWrap align=middle>Matchup</TD><TD class="txt12 bold" height=16 width="9%" noWrap align=middle>Rating</TD><TD class="txt12 bold" height=16 width="10%" noWrap align=middle>Score</TD><TD class="txt12 bold" height=16 width="7%" noWrap align=middle>Result</TD><TD class="txt12 bold" width="12%" noWrap align=middle>Closing Line</TD><TD class="txt12 bold" width="10%" noWrap align=middle>Line Value</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 noWrap align=middle>02/19/11</TD><TD class=admin-list align=middle>Montana at Long Beach State (-4.5)</TD><TD align=middle>1.5 UNIT</TD><TD align=middle>56-74</TD><TD align=middle>WIN</TD><TD align=middle>-5.5</TD><TD align=middle>+1.0</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 noWrap align=middle>02/19/11</TD><TD class=admin-list align=middle>Cal State Northridge at E. Washington (-2)</TD><TD align=middle>1.5 UNIT</TD><TD align=middle>68-59</TD><TD align=middle>LOSS</TD><TD align=middle>-3.0</TD><TD align=middle>+1.0</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow2><TD height=18 noWrap align=middle>02/19/11</TD><TD class=admin-list align=middle>Utah State at Saint Mary's (-4)</TD><TD align=middle>1.0 UNIT</TD><TD align=middle>75-65</TD><TD align=middle>LOSS</TD><TD align=middle>-5.0</TD><TD align=middle>+1.0</TD></TR><TR class=reportrow1><TD height=18 noWrap align=middle>02/19/11</TD><TD class=admin-list align=middle>Hawaii at UC Davis (-2.5)</TD><TD align=middle>1.5 UNIT</TD><TD align=middle>83-69</TD><TD align=middle>LOSS</TD><TD align=middle>-3.5</TD><TD align=middle>+1.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

munson15

I want winners...

No picks today, Bucky, I believe is the reason you see nothing.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

No picks today, Bucky, I believe is the reason you see nothing.

WHy do I think Bucky already knew that? Pretty sure he is an experienced gambler.

RAS is taking a day off after having a full plate yesterday, He is just warming the chase up.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Hey Tom, why don't you pay your past debts stiff and allow the actual winners in the industry to keep producing winners. Quit hating man, it's just weird. Look at the threads you create - they're threads full of hate because you're worthless man.

pokerjoe

EOG Senior Member

I am not pokerJoe, Bernie but will take a stab. It depends on how you look at it. His prices have gone thru the roof since 5-7 years ago. Way higher than the last few years increases. He started low for a while and has gone high. If you saw the prices a few years ago you would be really pissed. It is supply and demand. Once he got hot and got a name then ED took advantage and went nuts on the prices. If you raise prices and people still buy in droves, then what do you do? He keeps raising but did have success. He also has the sharps buying from him and they will pay anything. It is a tough vicious cutthroat business at times. You can decide the morals but these are the facts.

I am pokerjoe and I approve this message.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I am pokerjoe and I approve this message.

LOL, pokerjoe. I like your posts. RAS is good but having a rough year (-12 units in totals which are his forte). I would not overreact. Play light and wait till next year. I still think he will win more than lose over time for sure. That is the mark of a quality capper. Be careful now because he is chasing, however.

Heim

EOG Master

Hey Tom, why don't you pay your past debts stiff and allow the actual winners in the industry to keep producing winners. Quit hating man, it's just weird. Look at the threads you create - they're threads full of hate because you're worthless man.

Great post .

Brady picking on Fezzik and RAS is like a graffiti tagger picking on Picasso.

Unfortunately the 'stiffs' life has come down to self satisfaction
based on how many hits his threads have.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

I have never met a single follower that has come out ahead long term. Nature of the beast. Second hand information. Cherry picking becomes hazardous to your bankroll. Don't ever confuse follower with either a "mover" or a beard.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

WORSE THAN -12 IN TOTALS. THEY TELL US TO GO 2-1 TOTALS VS SIDES.

Right. This is what I meant. His sides have always been shaky and marginal...his forte is totals so you are supposed to key them. It has not been a great year for him to say the least. Next year willl be big for him but nobody losing wants to hear that.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I have never met a single follower that has come out ahead long term. Nature of the beast. Second hand information. Cherry picking becomes hazardous to your bankroll. Don't ever confuse follower with either a "mover" or a beard.

This is another great point. The lines move fast and you are betting at worse lines which means you will have a worse record than what is posted guaranteed. It is very hard but if ED is down 12 units the vast majority is down a lot more than that. Good post and point.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

It's amazing the similarities between Dr. Bob and Edward Golden.

Definitely agree with this John. Who have been the two top touts in the last 10 years? Is it even close? It is clearly Dr Bob and Ras. Different sports and different situations but they are similar. Both have have several great years. Both have had huge followings. Both are also now adjusting. Bob let his methods out and the linesmaker has caughter up with RAS. It will be an adjustement for both and to beat 53% would be a good feat for both. Both also make excuses, lol. Bob cries over bad beats way too much when everyone has them and it is part of what we do. RAS is never wrong and does not chase. It is going to be interesting to watch going forward.

newport2

EOG Dedicated

The first tout service to consistently move lines was SCORE(Hilton-Dunbar-Willie O'Brien lol). Then Doc had a run on his Big Ten GOYs.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

The first tout service to consistently move lines was SCORE(Hilton-Dunbar-Willie O'Brien lol). Then Doc had a run on his Big Ten GOYs.

RIght. Also Phil Steal actually had a run and still moves the lins on totals. I have followed him for a while and boy is he TERRIBLE. I am from Boston and know a lot of Score. LOL.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

1-3 on sides on Saturday and 5-6 on totals. No plays on Sunday - Some of this is torture waiting for the plays.

168 - 159 combined on the year for CBB. Could improve on that by fading at the close. But, that is about as close to breaking even on 300 picks as you can get.

So, know they are chasing? Should we start a Let's fade RAS at the close thread? Turn up the pressure???

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

1-3 on sides on Saturday and 5-6 on totals. No plays on Sunday - Some of this is torture waiting for the plays.

168 - 159 combined on the year for CBB. Could improve on that by fading at the close. But, that is about as close to breaking even on 300 picks as you can get.

So, know they are chasing? Should we start a Let's fade RAS at the close thread? Turn up the pressure???

LOL. I feel better about making money fading at the close than betting after the line is moving. Good call Bucky and I am all for it.

I do not think he is feeling that much pressure knowing his personality BUT his chasing could be a sign that he is. Lets fade the close!!!!!

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Score- the service that claims to have their scouts at closed door practices, as well as giving college head coaches tips and suggestions on how to run their offense and defensive. Unreal

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

If you were going to fade, you'd want to do it right at release before the market bounces back the numbers. Fading at close is probably a losing proposition.

WVU

EOG Master

Tim, are RAS totals still likely 55%+ going forward?

There's a big difference between RAS and Dr Bob, John: RAS hasn't gone public with it's methodology.

No one should ever have jumped on the "RAS is GOD" bandwagon when they were hot, but neither should they condemn them now that they aren't. There's way too much "how have you done lately" attitude in this biz. It's a long run game, we all know that intellectually but forget it when the time comes to heed it. After all these years in the game RAS's sample of bets is still pretty small. Too small to say "RAS is GOD," and this one season's sample, even smaller, is too small to say "RAS sucks!".

The most important thing to remember is that losing seasons doesn't even necessarily mean the game has passed you by or that the market has changed (although I think the CBB totals market has drastically changed this year).

The difference in results, year to year, probably doesn't mean that you've lost your edge if you've been losing, or gotten this handicapping thing down pat if you've been winning. It probably just means you've been cold if you've been losing and have been hot if you've been winning. And having been hot or cold doesn't have predictive value.

Well, Dr. Bob didn't reveal everything. For instance, his injury modeling was not really discussed. He can still move lines and is still considered sharp in some quarters, but simple regression methods have largely been subsumed by the market.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Tim, are RAS totals still likely 55%+ going forward?

In my opinion, yes. Obviously not with the same methods, but if they keep adapting and hiring good talent, I expect them to maintain their edge in the NCAAB totals market. I've seen you post intelligently on the topic of sample size before, so no need to explain the concept of variance to you.

WVU

EOG Master

In my opinion, yes. Obviously not with the same methods, but if they keep adapting and hiring good talent, I expect them to maintain their edge in the NCAAB totals market. I've seen you post intelligently on the topic of sample size before, so no need to explain the concept of variance to you.

I wouldn't say they would be a fav to hit 55% over the next 100 or 1000 plays. Their lifetime history is a small sample size. I think they found a broken market and sucked all the lifeblood out of it and now when there even is a market they can no longer rape the edge they had.

I would set a fair line at 52% over the next 1000. -110 both ways. 55% is just way too high.