SDSt BYU post mortem,please

lordjeff

EOG Enthusiast
clearly jimmer done sandbagged us coming into this contest...slowing down,banged up?...he established his bonafides as POY...Lundquist and Kellogg said nothing to change my opinion that they are milktoasts and turkeys...kerr had some opinions,but i disagree with his projection that BYU will secure a #1 seed by winning the MTW tourney,altho they are solid #2...BYUs OOC sked was stronger than SDSts, which was limited to Cal and the two best teams in the WCC...whenever SDSt started to close, it was with uptempo and turnovers...did learn that Fisher had san diego roots before he went to michigan to work for bill freider...clearly a band of cohesive well coached mission done white boys can still dominate a bunch of athletic brothers in college hoops

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: SDSt BYU post mortem,please

I liked your commentary, lordjeff.

SDSU was sloppy in its biggest game of the season. How did BYU deflect so many passes playing a zone defense?

In the first meeting in Provo, Fredette scored 43 points with no assists. Today, Fredette scored 25 points with nine assists. Jimmer's a gamer and should never be underestimated at the college level.

I know it's only one game, but how can you not upgrade BYU and downgrade SDSU after today's game?

ajaysdreamplays

EOG Addicted

Before yesterday (and I'm not refering to the SDS-BYU game), I was hoping my Texas Longhorns would draw BYU in its bracket. No longer. I really thought Dogus Balbay would be able to shut Fredette down. But now, with Burk of Colorado going off like he did, I seriously doubt whether Texas even gets a #1. Yeah, Jimmer looked pretty good, but his ball handling is still suspect.

Ching or Dong

EOG Enthusiast

SDSU missed way too many easy shots I thought and BYU wsa the better team. They had players really step up in a hostile enviornment and SDSU was over rated by us all. They can't run with the White boys and I can't see how UNLV lost to them?????? BYU had everything going against them and were very impressive.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

gotta weigh in the level of competition but that aside I still think Jimmer is pretty tough. I wouldn't give you a nickle for SD st. May get their first tourney win ever...other than that I didn't see much .

lordjeff

EOG Enthusiast

the one sided nature of the game did little to lay the basis for future national telecasts of MWC games... games between the top teams in the BigEast and Big Ten usually give the viewer contests fought closely to the buzzer-good theatre and better ratings

Kash247

EOG Member

i bet on texas ...48 pts in the first half the game should have been over ...48 pts is crazy lot....but wait how col could score 58 pts in a half i need to watch that game no other team that day scored that much in a half and with tex leading by 15 how could they not stop them at least once????????? the only other surpise is my bet on s.d. they only scored 12 pts in the second half,,,,,its not my year for cbb,,,i have not have one team figured out..i have props on wis, and s.d.st but now i should just flip a coin:clubbed

railbird

EOG Master

DJ Gay hurt back.

I would still back sdsu over byu in a last longer in the tournament.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I love the raw talent and athleticism of Kawhi Leonard, but I rarely see any emotion or team spirit from him compared to say, Jimmer Fredette. In fact, I'm not sure Leonard and teammate Billy White work well together at all. White's body language is terrible (arguing every call) and Leonard seems disinterested at times. Strange team, SDSU.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Before yesterday (and I'm not refering to the SDS-BYU game), I was hoping my Texas Longhorns would draw BYU in its bracket. No longer. I really thought Dogus Balbay would be able to shut Fredette down. But now, with Burk of Colorado going off like he did, I seriously doubt whether Texas even gets a #1. Yeah, Jimmer looked pretty good, but his ball handling is still suspect.

I love Balbay's defense. He's strong as an ox.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

I think west coast basketball is weak. My brackets and my betting will either thrive or die on this theory.

focker

EOG Veteran

I love the raw talent and athleticism of Kawhi Leonard, but I rarely see any emotion or team spirit from him compared to say, Jimmer Fredette. In fact, I'm not sure Leonard and teammate Billy White work well together at all. White's body language is terrible (arguing every call) and Leonard seems disinterested at times. Strange team, SDSU.

Kawhi is a quiet shy guy and I noticed the same from Billy White who has been crying more than ever this year. Maybe cuz Kawhi gets ll the press

lordjeff

EOG Enthusiast

DJ Gay hurt back.

I would still back sdsu over byu in a last longer in the tournament.

are you too close to the sdsu program to have an unbiased opinion?....talk to me after the projected finals game of the MWC tourney....lunardi now has BYU as a 1 in the west and SDSU as a three in the swest

brandon davies just was suspended by byu for violating it's moral clause, or whatever it is. there goes any ncaa title hopes. they will also be penalized by the selection committee.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

brandon davies just was suspended by byu for violating it's moral clause, or whatever it is. there goes any ncaa title hopes. they will also be penalized by the selection committee.

sucks to hear this, i wasnt sure what he did, but i posted about this 30 minutes ago

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Kawhi is a quiet shy guy and I noticed the same from Billy White who has been crying more than ever this year. Maybe cuz Kawhi gets ll the press

We see the game the same way. White is a crybaby.

railbird

EOG Master

Ainge and Laimbeer were also crybabys, also great champions and very inspirational. Kawahi Leoanrd played the 1st BYU game with the flu. DJ Gay and Billy White both far from 100% in the 2nd game. BYU shot it very well.

west coast basketball is weak, so is the east coast, maybe something in the middle is better, but i can't get myself in shape to go walking to the midwest, I have to get thru the mideast before i get there

after byu loses last nite, lets say each have identical conf records. but now if sdsu beats byu in the conf tournament, the aztecs prob stay in the west, which imo, is advantageous. before all this, byu had the nr 1 or 2 seed in the west locked up. still no matter what seed or where they play, sdsu isn't advancing far in this tournament.

mosemn

EOG Member

disagree they are to big, to well coached and have a very good point guard look for the aztecs to make some noise

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

ageee, folks dont know how good an asst coach Brian Dutcher is.

I learned a valuable lesson this season: don't handicap the coach, handicap the coaching staff. Sharp assistants can cover for a clueless figurehead.