Providence +100000 to win Big East

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
If there was ever such a thing as value on a +100000...

They've been a feisty bunch this year playing a lot of close games and they've got one of the best players in the conference.

Here's another $1 donation to Tony over at 5dimes:

NCAA Men's Basketball Basketball NCAA Men's Conference Tournament Big East Champion : Providence +100000
Risking $1.00 To Win $1,000.00

:btj:

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Providence +100000 to win Big East

$5 max! Tony I mean come on...but what the hell!

NCAA Men's Basketball Basketball NCAA Men's Conference Tournament Big East Champion : Providence +100000
Risking $5.00 To Win $5,000.00

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I do see one juicy number Tony is hanging on his futures...K-State +800 to win the Big 12.

Kansas and Texas obviously the favorites, but K-State has beaten both those teams within the last month and will have no problems with any matchups they get on their way there. At worst I think this becomes a bet that can be hedged, and at +800 think it has a real shot at winning. The Cats are finally playing like the team they were expected to be at the beginning of the season and if Pullen can get hot again for 2 games they can take it down.

Plus it's in Kansas City, so home crowd advantage if they end up facing Texas.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

If there was ever such a thing as value on a +100000...

They've been a feisty bunch this year playing a lot of close games and they've got one of the best players in the conference.

Here's another $1 donation to Tony over at 5dimes:

Risking $1.00 To Win $1,000.00

:btj:

I take it you have never played basketball, right?

So you want me to bet on a team to win FIVE GAMES IN FIVE DAYS? And if they win G1 the team they play in G2 didn't play the day before. And if they win 2 games in 2 days on Day 3 thay play a team playing its first game of the Tourney. And if they somehow win their 2rd game in 3 days (They won't - but if they do) they will face a team that has most likely only olayed 1 or 2 games at most to get to that point.

FIVE GAMES IN FIVE DAYS is BRUTAL. I will go one record as stating NONE of the Day 1 teams will make the SEMIS, let alone the finals

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

You'll get far better odds just betting individual moneylines. Pomeroy has them 23% to beat Marquette. Even if we assume they have a 23% chance to win all 5 games, which is extremely generous as they'll face much stiffer opponents than Marquette in the later rounds, that works out to 1554/1.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

You'll get far better odds just betting individual moneylines. Pomeroy has them 23% to beat Marquette. Even if we assume they have a 23% chance to win all 5 games, which is extremely generous as they'll face much stiffer opponents than Marquette in the later rounds, that works out to 1554/1.

Couldn't agree more. Then again don't tell him what to do - after all he is much smarter than us (Just ask him - he'll be more than happy to tell you that) and it is ONLY $1

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

I tipped $2 at breakfast today, another $3 at lunch and $3 at dinner. I also played $5 in lotto tickets. Now Weinke wants me to waste a dollar on a bet-it-and-really-forget it 1000-1 ripoff longshot who are only 1-11 on the road this year?

What the hell I'm in!

Go Friars!

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

Judging by this mascots outfit, I'm sure BeantownJim is definitely a Providence fan. :LMAO

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

ill play along both ways as long as it lasts!

$5.00 $13.50 Pending 3/8/11 9:25pm Reduced Basketball 571 Providence +270* vs Marquette

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Because of the structure of the Big East tourney, we can get a better estimate of the various situations surrounding a Providence run to the championship. Using the Pomeroy may give a rough estimate, but doesn't reflect actual bettable numbers.

In the first 3 games, they will meet Marquette (+270 ML), West Virginia and Louisville. Discounting the fatigue factor corrections, they will be around a +330 ML dog to WV and a +380 ML dog to Louisville. This means you can get around a 75/1 ML parlay to get to the semis.

In the Big East, all teams except Seton Hall/Rutgers, South Florida and Depaul have better power ratings than Marquette. So unless there is a series of big upsets in the tourney, the semi and finals will be at least +270 ML on Prov, giving a ML parlay of at least 1040/1. If they face ND in the semis and Pitt/Syracuse in the final, the ML parlay will give at least 1900/1 odds.

The only huge advantage would be if South Florida and Depaul win 3 and 4 games respectively and meet Providence (around 200/1 ML parlay best case). Like most future bets on severe dogs, the value depends strictly on meeting other big dogs in future rounds. In this case, the probability of the other huge dogs winning 3 or 4 games is extremely small.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

The math and alternate strategy is intriguing, but ultimately this is just a late-night decision to donate $1 to Tony. No need to overanalyze it.

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

The math and alternate strategy is intriguing, but ultimately this is just a late-night decision to donate $1 to Tony. No need to overanalyze it.

Too late Weinke...... the smart err sharp thing to do is put $1.00 on the favorite tonight to win 33 cents, :+textinb3

Go FRIARS!!!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

So you want me to bet on a team to win FIVE GAMES IN FIVE DAYS? And if they win G1 the team they play in G2 didn't play the day before. And if they win 2 games in 2 days on Day 3 thay play a team playing its first game of the Tourney. And if they somehow win their 2rd game in 3 days (They won't - but if they do) they will face a team that has most likely only olayed 1 or 2 games at most to get to that point.

FIVE GAMES IN FIVE DAYS is BRUTAL. I will go one record as stating NONE of the Day 1 teams will make the SEMIS, let alone the finals
No team with the double bye has won the Big East tournament. More teams have won 5 games in 5 days than the double bye teams have won 3 games in 3 days. Did you forget Syracuse to name one?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Fair Point

BUT if you have money to waste may I suggest someplace better to donate it.........My 13 y/o nephew was diagnosed with Diabetes at 18 months old - every dollar donated helps get us closer to finding a way to eliminate this awful situation:

Type 1 Diabetes: Dedicated to Finding a Cure : Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
So instead of making wagers, which are all donations from you, why don't you just donate to her cause instead?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

So instead of making wagers, which are all donations from you, why don't you just donate to her cause instead?

HIS - nephews are boys

And I do donate money every year - not enough to help find a cure but an amount of some value

The first part of your mindless post is funny - I like the fact you have sense of humor after making a stupid play like this

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I made have lost $1 betting a longshot that started the tournament by going down 0-17 and getting their coach fired a few days later, but Winky sure does look like a real fucking moron in this one, eh guys!?

:LMAO

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

HIS - nephews are boys

And I do donate money every year - not enough to help find a cure but an amount of some value

The first part of your mindless post is funny - I like the fact you have sense of humor after making a stupid play like this
Who did I bet on exactly? As I pointed out, once again a team has won 4 games in 4 nights in the Big East tournament. We'll see if they win 5 in 5, but it's happened before.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I made have lost $1 betting a longshot that started the tournament by going down 0-17 and getting their coach fired a few days later, but Winky sure does look like a real fucking moron in this one, eh guys!?

:LMAO

Not only this, but anyone who would've followed his idiotic "always bet the moneyline [regardless of price] with spread of 2 or less" would have gotten burned tonight. Kind of like the idea that all college football teasers are bad. Just rooted in nothing but pure speculation and contradicted by hard evidence.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Yep. I was gonna save that for a separate thread, but I suppose it would be nicer to keep it contained to one thread.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Tony is an asshole with a rude attitude. If I ever meet this fat fuck in person, I'll give him an opportunity to be in wise ass in person and then break his fucking head.

The funny thing is that none of you people have the ability to break anyones head in here. All talk. No action. Chessman, I would expect that kind of post from BEANTWON. You are better than that.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

The funny thing is that none of you people have the ability to break anyones head in here. All talk. No action. Chessman, I would expect that kind of post from BEANTWON. You are better than that.

Now coming in from left field...

But for the record, I'd break your hip before you had a chance to tell me I couldn't, old man...