The lowest you ever paid for......gasoline?

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Re: The lowest you ever paid for......gasoline?

Marietta, Ga. 19 cents a gallon, and they pumped it.----about 1968. I made about $4.50 an hour, pretty good money in those days.

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

Early 70's, in St. Louis, .17 cents per gallon and with 10 gallons or more you got a free car wash.

I can remember the days when my covered wagon didn't even need gasoline.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I recall 23.9...and yes, people complained about the price back then too!

ronaldn

EOG Member

Circa 1958 Boston, MA 6 cents due to gas war. Reg price was about 10 to 12c and it was full service as I worked there pumping gas.

Ching or Dong

EOG Enthusiast

I remember my first new car was a 1971 VW and I was making 2.50 an hour working in a liquor store. Texaco was 18.9 for regular and they had two islands. The other island was 24.9 and you got Blue Chip stamps. Filled the car all the way to the top for under $2.00! Wish I still had that VW!

forgot what gas was in 92 and 93 but it seemed low the 1st 4 years clinton was in office

6 cents at the Gulf refinery near Padre Island Texas back in the 60's. Ofcourse Padre Island was just a deserted strip of land that people parked their cars on and partied. Back in those days, you could buy gas at the refinery and save big bucks (or cents). Normally, gas was running about 10-13 cents a gallon.

rainbow

EOG Master

Yes...my college days when we traveled the midwest....gas wars were prevalent back then in Illinois....what year did you have in mind Rainbow?
Being honest, I thought before my time.... but I believe you.... in Louisiana, the lowest I can remember was 25 cents...

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

forgot what gas was in 92 and 93 but it seemed low the 1st 4 years clinton was in office

it was.i can remember it being around 90 cents a gallon back in 1994.i had a nissan 200sx back then i could fill up for about 12 bucks.those were some good times.