IDOL TONITE: J LO

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated
Now, everyone has to agree, this is one beautiful woman. But the overdone lipstick she has on tonite makes her look like a cross betwen a french whore & a clown. Maybe I'm old school, I dunno, but they pay thousands for makeup artists to get this ??
Somebody else here has to agree, huh?

pickinwinners

EOG Member
Re: IDOL TONITE: J LO

I am on pacific time so it's not on yet but I'll let you know. In general, though I agree she is a freakin' babe. Even with a mask on and in a straight jacket I think I'd still find her attractive.

Miss Simon's telling it like it is but never cared for Simon's taste in music. Scotty McCreery and Haley Reinhart two of my favorites and Simon would't care for either. Better music this year. Love the show! Thought the judges made a mistake giving Naima Adedapo a wild card but she redeemed herself.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Naima's singing was turruble. They needed to give Simon Cowell a wildcard back onto the show to tell it like it is

Naima's singing was turruble. They needed to give Simon Cowell a wildcard back onto the show to tell it like it is

Wow--just goes to show everyone has different tastes in music--I thought Naima was one of best, but for me Scotty McCreery is winner and great shot to go all the way--can't wait for him to do Walk The Line--he can be the next Johnny Cash.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

you can do the Simon Cowell turn your head away trick with Naima tonight. I didnt need to and the dancing didnt help me think it was any better. but turn your head to the side and listen to that, singing only. its terrible.

Simon used to do it a lot when pretty girls were singing so he could hear just the voice and not be influenced by the looks. kind of a pro move to seperate the pretty girls who can also sing from those who are just pretty. Not that Naima is well, pretty, but the turn your head trick helps a lot to figure out who can sing.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

ya know who always failed the turn your head trick? Adam Lambert. Just SCREECHING. I could never figure out where his voters were coming from. not surprised his CD flopped, there its just the voice

Deluxer

EOG Enthusiast

Is Casey or Pia the favorite? Pia might have a better voice but people will like Casey more. Lusk is my personal favorite.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Now, everyone has to agree, this is one beautiful woman. But the overdone lipstick she has on tonite makes her look like a cross betwen a french whore & a clown. Maybe I'm old school, I dunno, but they pay thousands for makeup artists to get this ??
Somebody else here has to agree, huh?

I agree.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Hey, finally someone who agreed. And the rouge was grossly overdone, too. This gal is so full of beauty, she doesn't even need make up. She looked great in, let's say for one, Maid in Manhattan , with very little of it.

That country kid? Nice voice for that genre, but he won't win AI, imo.

Respectfully disagree. With country-western-hater Simon gone I think he has a legitimate chance. This kid was super last night and he's just warming up. If he is still 8.5 to 1 I think that's great value. Will be very surprised if he's not in final four.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Respectfully disagree. With country-western-hater Simon gone I think he has a legitimate chance. This kid was super last night and he's just warming up. If he is still 8.5 to 1 I think that's great value. Will be very surprised if he's not in final four.

Yeah, but Simon never decided who won... America does... and from the winners I know they either pick a pop star or an R&B singer. No?

Yeah, but Simon never decided who won... America does... and from the winners I know they either pick a pop star or an R&B singer. No?

Simon's blunt critiques had great influence on the voters. Here's why I think McCreery can win. It's all about song choice and he can pick songs that everyone loves and knows the words, like Walk The Line and El Paso. If he does those two I'm guessing they'll be memorable--every bit as good as the Cash, Robbins originals.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Well, this is the first time I'm watching the whole season, so you know more than me, Jackie. I do think the kid has a good voice, though, I like him.

:cheers

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I cant figure out why people like Scott McCreepy. Im not a country fan, I do like Carrie Underwood, OK more like want to kill her husband and take over, but Scotty McCreepy has only one note. he never goes up or down. well he's already down.

But it all sounds the same. He could sing a Marvin Gaye song and it would sound the same as if he is singing a Garth Brooks song. Are there any male good country singers like this? honest question. I don't think Scott is very good.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

no.

they seem to be phasing out theme weeks. good idea really. making Chris Daughtry sing country or Diana Ross or something does not make him or the show look good.

so far its been singers choice as to what to sing

I cant figure out why people like Scott McCreepy. Im not a country fan, I do like Carrie Underwood, OK more like want to kill her husband and take over, but Scotty McCreepy has only one note. he never goes up or down. well he's already down.

But it all sounds the same. He could sing a Marvin Gaye song and it would sound the same as if he is singing a Garth Brooks song. Are there any male good country singers like this? honest question. I don't think Scott is very good.

Country is not everyone's cup of tea. You don't like country so not surprised you don't like Scotty. My two favorites all time are Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings. People that like country music will be voting for Scotty McCreery.

Bruce LeRoy

EOG Enthusiast

Scotty reminds me of the lead singer from the 90's band the crash test dummies. They were brutal.

mosemn

EOG Member

Jlo is as dumb as a box of rocks, everytime she opens her mouth her foot goes in it, next time pay attention to her reply's, make no sense feels the pressure

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I disagree, i think Scotty is a talented kid. How good he is or can be is anyone's guess.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

no.

they seem to be phasing out theme weeks. good idea really. making Chris Daughtry sing country or Diana Ross or something does not make him or the show look good.

so far its been singers choice as to what to sing
Yeh, this is a good idea, makes a lotta sense.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Country is not everyone's cup of tea. You don't like country so not surprised you don't like Scotty. My two favorites all time are Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings. People that like country music will be voting for Scotty McCreery.

Waylon Jennings = Cool