Dow Jones (Up or Down?)

cheapseats

EOG Master
Re: (Dow Jones) Up or Down?

bears firmly in control of the market, no reason to think global problems are going to be any better........currency market is pointing down, futures are basically flat......market was looking for a 10-15 percent correction, its now on......................take the down, if only 10-40 points

mr merlin

EOG Master

I predicted down, but at those odds, I would bet up - we could get a slight bounce.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Should be up, certainly to start, japan news is a little better and other than oil(which will rise) the dow should be up.

railbird

EOG Master

I dont share in the optimisms, down +145 for me. Japs are history. Hillary messsing things up.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Of course Railbird was wrong. Nice call, guys.

12036.53 +178.01‎ (1.50%‎) Mar 21 4:02pm ET

mr merlin

EOG Master

Look for a small loss tuesday, expect a down open, maybe rally ahead around noon, but ending in the red by the close.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Railbird>Chicken Little

Friend of mine told me anybody involved in stocks should sell everything for the time being...anybody want to comment? I am not that sharp in the market...

mr merlin

EOG Master

Railbird>Chicken Little

Friend of mine told me anybody involved in stocks should sell everything for the time being...anybody want to comment? I am not that sharp in the market...
He could be right, but generally speaking, advice like that from friends has no value, and if listened to will only result in being out of the market during the big run ups. Ask him why, and he'll prob say " cause the country is broke and borrowing money we cant afford to pay back"(or something like that) - all of which may be true, but the fact is that we've been doing that for decades. I buy and sell stocks almost every day.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Dow Jones Industrial
Fri 3/25 1 Dow Up Friday -160
12:30AM 2 Dow Down Friday +120

cheapseats

EOG Master

Something rather disturbing from a European trading desk...
TODAY TWO LARGE MACRO FUNDS OVER HERE HAVE GONE WILDLY LONG S&P. NOT LONG. WE TALKING 250% NET LONG. IT LOOKS LIKE CONCERTED ACTION ON GDP DGRADES FROM GS AND BOFA ARE THE LETTER DELIVERED TO BEN ON QE3. HUGE DIRECTIONAL BET WITH NEW CAPITAL PUT AT WORK. MOST LIKELY THE TWO INSTITUTIONS ARE COORDINATING ACTION WITH OFFICES IN CONNECTICUT. CHECK INFLOWS OF BLUE CHIP HEDGE FUNDS IN JAN FEB. APPLY 2.5 LEVERAGE. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SOME 40-60BN PUT AT WORK PRIMARILY ON EMINIS AT THE MOMENT. WHETHER SOME EXTERNAL FORCE WILL LEAVE THEM HIGH AND DRY I DON'T KNOW. BUT IF ANYTHING SEEMED TO BE AT LEAST NOT TOO IRRATIONAL UP TO NOW, IN THIS THIRD WAVE, BE READY FOR REAL ROCK AND ROLL.

mr merlin

EOG Master

What does this mean...
He means the market should rise, tomorrow is a tough one, two pretty big up days in a row is hard to turn into 3. I'll go up, maybe a big open with declines throughout the day, but ending up a little.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I was going to bet the up and then saw this...

Dow Jones Industrial
Fri 3/25 1 Dow Up Friday -350
12:30AM 2 Dow Down Friday +250

:LMAO

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Dow Jones Industrial
Wed 3/30 1 Dow Up Wednesday -130
12:30AM 2 Dow Down Wednesday -110

cheapseats

EOG Master

think the down is in play...........fed with the tomo, no pomo, rates are poised to rise, that will be negative for equities..............also, friday employment report will lead to caution

mr merlin

EOG Master

I like down as well, been up a little to much lately. I say an 80-100 pt loss.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Looking bad now, it could turn by the close though, good luck.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Dow Jones Industrial
Thu 3/31 1 Dow Up Thursday -130
12:30AM 2 Dow Down Thursday -110

mr merlin

EOG Master

It has to drop soon, but considering whats going on lately, I would pass.

cheapseats

EOG Master

The volume has been nothing short of pathetic on the big board for weeks now. It's my opinion that money will continue to flow into stocks as it flows out of treasuries. (Read PIMCO-Bill Gross). While I don't think the market will move much tomorrow, I think it is down-but not by much......

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Dow Jones Industrial
Fri 4/1 1 Dow Up Friday -120
12:30AM 2 Dow Down Friday -120

cheapseats

EOG Master

Stand clear, the 8:30 EDT release of the employment #'s is going to be the driver. In all, if you need a play, I'd say down as the market has already factored in a larger increase with everything looking rosy; it wont be all that.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

had to play down..value

2 Dow Down Friday +155* vs Dow Up Friday

mr merlin

EOG Master

I say down, we're starting a new quarter and as cheap said, the employment numbers will be huge.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

WOW huge good job numbers..big boost for Obama and should be a positive session..my play looks doomed.