Seinfeld or Sanford and Son

Seinfeld or Sanford and Son

• Total voters

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Seinfeld or Sanford and Son

I agree on all counts

S&S was pretty much a "One joke" show - sorta like Threes Company. Redd Foxx MADE that show. Too bad it wasn't done on something like HBO or the like because you will be hard pressed to find someone with a nastier and more foul mouth than Redd Foxx. Sailors blushed from his language. If this show had been done on HBO every other word would have been something he couldn't have said on "regular" TV

Too bad Seinfeld's last episode SUCKED as bad as it did

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Big Larry David fan, so I gotta vote Seinfeld (Curb Your Enthusiasm is also a great show)

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Two different shows, but both were great. Lean Seinfeld. Larry David is a genius.

It's not even close.

Seinfeld seems to be in syndication 24 hours a day on various channels. The only sitcom with more plays is the timeless, The Andy Griffeth Show. No character, on Seinfeld or otherwise, will ever outdo Barney Fife.

Sanford and Son is as buried as Red Foxx.

Seinfeld easy. But only while Larry David wrote the scripts. After he left the show went downhill. David came back to write the finale.

railbird

EOG Master

Seinfeld sucks, this forum is 80% jews so Seinfeld will probably win the poll here.

Seinfeld sucks, this forum is 80% jews so Seinfeld will probably win the poll here.

I'm a big Seinfeld fan and not jewish but if you hated the show I'm curious to know what your favorite comedy shows are or were? As for Sanford and Son, thought Red Foxx was funny but my favorite all-time show featuring a mostly black cast was Amos 'n Andy. Kingfish was funnier than Foxx.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'm a big Seinfeld fan and not jewish but if you hated the show I'm curious to know what your favorite comedy shows are or were? As for Sanford and Son, thought Red Foxx was funny but my favorite all-time show featuring a mostly black cast was Amos 'n Andy. Kingfish was funnier than Foxx.

Amos N Andy is a classic comedy. It's too bad they don't show it on TV because of political correctness.

I love the one where Kingfish sells Andy that fake house. :LMAO

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Seinfeld is known as one of the best TV comedies ever- and for good reason. I guess that means America is 80% Jewish?

Use a bit more logic, Railbird.

Amos N Andy is a classic comedy. It's too bad they don't show it on TV because of political correctness.

I love the one where Kingfish sells Andy that fake house. :LMAO

Kinger, I didn't know anyone else was even aware of Amos 'n Andy. I watched Amos, Andy, Calhoun, Kingfish and his wife Saphire on an RCA black and white TV back in (approx) 1952. I'd love to see some of those old episodes again--do you have a link where they can be seen on line?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'm a young guy but an old soul, Jackie.

I've watched quite a few episodes on Youtube.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Seinfeld might be solid - but to me, the best comedy show and one backed up by numbers is

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

what an UNREAL cast it had. MTM, Ed Anser, Gavin MacLeod (Seeing him as Murray Slaughter and then the Captain on Love Boat - wow), John Amos, Ted Knight, Cloris Leachman, Valerie Harper, Betty White (Sue Ann Nivens was hysterical)

The "Chuckles Bites the Dust" show is probably the funniest 30 minutes in TV history

MTM > Seinfeld

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

Seinfeld might be solid - but to me, the best comedy show and one backed up by numbers is

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

what an UNREAL cast it had. MTM, Ed Anser, Gavin MacLeod (Seeing him as Murray Slaughter and then the Captain on Love Boat - wow), John Amos, Ted Knight, Cloris Leachman, Valerie Harper, Betty White (Sue Ann Nivens was hysterical)

The "Chuckles Bites the Dust" show is probably the funniest 30 minutes in TV history

MTM > Seinfeld

chuckles the clown dying was great .... but the funniest 30 minutes to me was the WKRP thanksgiving episode...im sure youve seen it

I agree with Winky. MTM and Seinfeld the two best comedies of all time--both had superb casts and great writing. MTM was always good but Seinfeld only good while Larry David was writing the scripts.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

MTM doesn't come close to All in the Family, IMO.

MTM was a better show. All/Family was the most groundbreaking show ever. Saddest part about Family is TODAY - there is NO WAY a show like that would last 2 episodes - if that. The first show would air and Loud Mouth Hypocritical Blubber Butts Jesse and Al would get irate and form a protest at the TV station of whatever network aired it (CBS for this one) and all sorts of groups would protest and the show would never air a 2nd show. Sad but these are the times we live in where the minority (number of people) rule for the majority (number of people)

The WKRP T-giving show was good - just not as good as Chuckles. BTW - you talk about a real "Ginger or Mary Ann" debate - WKRP in Cincy was it!

Jennifer (Loni Anderson - who in her prime had A BODY!) was Ginger
Bailey (Jan Smithers) was Mary Ann

I wanted to Fuck Jennifer's brains out - I wanted to Marry Bailey. I liked Bailey a lot more - she was the fun woman to hang around with and was "one of the guys" and seemed to be the one you marry. I saw pix of her not too long ago - she will be 62 next month - and for her age she looked very good

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

MTM was a better show. All/Family was the most groundbreaking show ever. Saddest part about Family is TODAY - there is NO WAY a show like that would last 2 episodes - if that. The first show would air and Loud Mouth Hypocritical Blubber Butts Jesse and Al would get irate and form a protest at the TV station of whatever network aired it (CBS for this one) and all sorts of groups would protest and the show would never air a 2nd show. Sad but these are the times we live in where the minority (number of people) rule for the majority (number of people)

The WKRP T-giving show was good - just not as good as Chuckles. BTW - you talk about a real "Ginger or Mary Ann" debate - WKRP in Cincy was it!

Jennifer (Loni Anderson - who in her prime had A BODY!) was Ginger
Bailey (Jan Smithers) was Mary Ann

I wanted to Fuck Jennifer's brains out - I wanted to Marry Bailey. I liked Bailey a lot more - she was the fun woman to hang around with and was "one of the guys" and seemed to be the one you marry. I saw pix of her not too long ago - she will be 62 next month - and for her age she looked very good
Jan Smithers by a mile.......great legs and ass.....the glasses......loved her

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Jan Smithers by a mile.......great legs and ass.....the glasses......loved her

I stand by what I said - Loni was the one night stand......Jan was the one you walked down the aisle with. You nailed it exactly - don't forget her great smile, too. Jan looked great in an elegant dress or jeans (shorts) and a shirt. She looked like the kind of woman who could wake up and be ready to go in 5 minutes while loni Anderson would need an hour or more. Jan was a GND and those are always sexier than Beauty Queens

rainbow

EOG Master

Kinger, I didn't know anyone else was even aware of Amos 'n Andy. I watched Amos, Andy, Calhoun, Kingfish and his wife Saphire on an RCA black and white TV back in (approx) 1952. I'd love to see some of those old episodes again--do you have a link where they can be seen on line?

Amos n Andy was my favorite, not sure if I watched it on a Zenith or a Philco but it was in black and white with no remote control...

Seinfeld was the best ever, even beat All in the Family. Curb is damn good too ! I like that MILFy Cheryl Hines from the earlier years. The spontaneous ad-lib stuff on Curb is awesome.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

McIrish - I fully stand by what I said

MTM >>>>>>>>> Seinfeld

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Sanford & Son had many funny moments but it was a very poorly written show. Some of the story lines were unrealistic and/or thrown together in 10 minutes.

Quick example: In one episode, Fred tells a woman he's dating he wants to marry her, yet they are still on a formal basis, with the woman calling him "Mr. Sanford." How asinine is that? Any of you guys ever go out with someone (let alone consider marrying someone) and she's referring to you by your last name?

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

In fact, as I continue to recall, she didn't even KNOW his first name when he asked her to stop being so formal.

I think sanford qualifies as the first black sitcom. The show is simple but still is funny today.