Anybody folllowing the Casey Anthony trial

Re: Anybody folllowing the Casey Anthony trial

It also doesn't help that her Defense lawyer is amazingly freaking stupid and incompetent if you read up on his history. He defended 1 guy who got convicted - and then the guy who was convicted filed a motion with the court saying he wanted a new trial because his lawyer (same for for casey) was awful. ANY chance Casey had of beating this (so to speak) disappeared once she used this CLOWN for her case. i stand by what i said - it will take amost no time to convict her and send her away forever

Winky, don't you think she gets the death penalty? Killing your own daughter so you have freedom to party-it-up not going to win much sympathy with judge or jury members.

carolinakid

Banned

Ok guys what you thinking now.Defense starts with their case on thur, i still say Casey will not get the death sentence, but life in prison ck

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Reminds me of OJ's trial in that both defendants were murderers and public interest through the roof. OJ walked but Casey won't be so lucky!

Agree on all counts Jack. Although the defense hasn't even started yet in presenting their side of things I find it hard to believe they've got that big of an ace up their sleeve. Your kid is missing and you get a tatoo about "beautiful life"?

BTW it looks like fake tits, anyone else have an opinion on the more important question concerning this trial?

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

If she takes the stand her chances of getting the death penalty increases. Such a rotten bitch.

I bet she adapts well in prison, most sociopaths do. See Scott Peterson.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

No doubt about it. OJ had the dream team defense--the greatest team of high-priced lawyers ever put together for a murder trial. They overcame the fact that DNA evidence pointed emphatically to OJ as the killer.

LAPD also did their best to not follow proper protocol when investigating the case. OJ lawyers had a field day with the LAPD's blunders.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

If she takes the stand her chances of getting the death penalty increases. Such a rotten bitch.

I bet she adapts well in prison, most sociopaths do. See Scott Peterson.

What do you mean? What's ol' Scotty up to in prison?

carolinakid

Banned

I hate to spoil the celebration of Mac and others like him, but Casey will never feel that final vein prick.

<hr class="hr-promo"> Win tickets to the American Idol Live Tour 2011 <hr class="hr-promo">

If she ever does make it to death row and gets in line behind the 399 inmates already there, she would be killed sometime in the 23rd century.

That is based on the execution rate since 1979. We're adding folks far faster than we're killing them.

For example, Jeb Bush stopped executions in 2007 after it took 34 minutes to kill an inmate because of a misplaced needle. By the time executions resumed 18 months later, more than 20 inmates joined death row.

Our last execution was 16 months ago. Since then, we have added 11 more.

I hate to point out the obvious, but this isn't working.

Do not get me wrong. I was quite happy to see Ted Bundy take a seat in Old Sparky. The psycho killer cases are easy. But it has become impossible for our gigantic criminal-justice bureaucracy to equitably dish out cold revenge in the shades-of-gray cases.

The result is a haphazard system that invites mistakes and is increasingly expensive to maintain.

The Palm Beach Post calculated in 2000 that the death penalty cost Florida $51 million a year, or about $24 million per execution. The state has never crunched the numbers.

Various studies have concluded that the death penalty adds a minimum of $1 million to the cost of the average trial, often more. And then verdicts are automatically appealed. The appeals drag on and often succeed. So there are more trials and/or more sentencing hearings. And then they are appealed.

New Jersey eliminated its death penalty in 2007 after spending more than $250 million on death-penalty trials since the early 1980s ™ and executing nobody.

In 2004, researchers at Columbia University came out with a report titled "A Broken System: The Persistent Patterns of Reversals of Death Sentences in the United States.''

It found that when a court hands down a death sentence, "there is a 68 percent chance that it will be overturned by a state or federal court because of serious error.'' The reversal rates are higher in states where the death penalty is applied more frequently.

Fifty-four percent of the federal judges who have overturned verdicts were appointed by Republicans. Even they understand details matter when you are killing people.

Judge Belvin Perry Jr., who is presiding over the Casey Anthony trial, had to sentence convicted killer Jermaine "Bugsy" LeBron to death three times because of problems with sentencing hearings.

In 1999, Perry threw out a conviction and death sentence for John Huggins, accused of killing Orlando engineer Carla Larson, because the prosecutor withheld evidence from the defense. The prosecutor was Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton. Huggins was convicted again but now seems to be having sanity issues.

One solution would be just to close our eyes and kill them fast as we can. That would be the manly thing to do.

But Florida leads the nation with 23 death row inmates who have been exonerated. That makes you wonder how many, like Leo Jones, didn't live long enough to join them.

He was executed in 1998 in what looked like an open-and-shut case. Confession. Witness statement. But then it turned out the confession was beaten out of him, perhaps even with a gun pointed at his head. Witnesses recanted. And more than a dozen people implicated another man as the killer.

It appears we murdered Leo. Whom should we execute for that?

The problem with killing people is there is no take-back.

If Casey is sentenced to death, the celebration will be short-lived. I've watched enough of this trial to know that she would be back for rounds two and three and so on.

Casey will outlive most all of these people sending me emails.

Sticking her in a cell until her cherished hotness is long a thing of the past would be a lot cheaper than trying to execute her. And I still could celebrate tha

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky, don't you think she gets the death penalty? Killing your own daughter so you have freedom to party-it-up not going to win much sympathy with judge or jury members.

NOPE! She will get LIFE which will be punishment enough for her since she won't be able to Party it Up behind bars. I also think she stands a dang good chance of being killed in Prison because of her notoriety and the fact she is so tiny and petite - so big ugly butch can fuck her up but good

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

NOPE! She will get LIFE which will be punishment enough for her since she won't be able to Party it Up behind bars. I also think she stands a dang good chance of being killed in Prison because of her notoriety and the fact she is so tiny and petite - so big ugly butch can fuck her up but good

It would be hell for you and I because we are not sociopaths. Sociopaths adapt well to any environment because of their pyschological makeup. For them? Just a transition.

We want to believe that prison equates to suffering but it's doesn't. If it was the recidivism rate wouldn't be so high.

The parents know she did it. They are showing support publicly but they know that wasn't an old pizza box in the back..

Leading the detectives on a wild goose chase since the beginning,lying out of her ass multiple times = guilty as guilty gets.

This isn't rocket science. maybe it was an accident maybe not. She covered it up and partied right after it happened and didn't tell anyone for weeks.

Zero sympathy for child killer/whore.

She can rot in prison. Good night witch.

The parents know she did it. They are showing support publicly but they know that wasn't an old pizza box in the back..

Leading the detectives on a wild goose chase since the beginning,lying out of her ass multiple times = guilty as guilty gets.

This isn't rocket science. maybe it was an accident maybe not. She covered it up and partied right after it happened and didn't tell anyone for weeks.

Zero sympathy for child killer/whore.

She can rot in prison. Good night witch.

I can't see how this is possibly an accident since she googled chloroform countless times on her computer prior to Caylee's disapearance plus the fact that duct tape was found on Caylee's skull. Not many mothers kill their daughters but even fewer spend time systematically planning and then carrying it out. I realize she may not get the death penalty but few killers have ever deserved it more.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

I can't see how this is possibly an accident since she googled chloroform countless times on her computer prior to Caylee's disapearance plus the fact that duct tape was found on Caylee's skull. Not many mothers kill their daughters but even fewer spend time systematically planning and then carrying it out. I realize she may not get the death penalty but few killers have ever deserved it more.

well said

carolinakid

Banned

Yep but now a top guy said there is no way that duck tape could had been on the skull that long with no tissure to kept it on.could it be that the tape and the pix was stage, i dont know.............ck

already plenty of reasonable doubt in the case. The state BARELY made a case for first degree murder. What the public fails to realize is that not everything the prosecution says is the truth. So believing everything they say is a major mistake. Even though that doctor looked like an idiot he shot holes all through the M.E.'s exam. But the defense here is doing a horrible job. They knew she blew it, they knew she had a TV show, and they should have know that the M.E.s office lost its accreditation 20 years ago and never renewed it.

Problem with the defense is they made a statement in the opening they never had to say. That the kid drowned. So they put themselves in a corner there. They never ever should have said a cause of death. Only way they get out of it is if they somehow convince the jury that George was the one that found the body and told casey the baby drowned, hinting that he lied and hee actually killed her, more than likely also insinuating it happened while he was molesting her.

Another thing people forget, and it looks like Baez did too is the defense needs to prove NOTHING. So either he got caught up in the hype and the court of public opinion or he was trying to lose the case on purpose from the beginning.

Who really knows, but any competent defense attorneys wouldnt have made the mistakes these guys have made after having the case as long as they have, and with such easy targets to refute as what the prosecution presented.

Mistakes all around in this case and the judge is pissed off.

Bizarre behavior from the defendant from the get go even the parents at the beginning knew the smell was from a dead body.
Then 180 say,very strongly it was from a pizza box. Bullshit,a blind person can see right through that.

The dad's behavior has been odd also.
Wouldn't surprise me if he did molest her but then his daughter has lied so much and acted so weird since the death that you can't trust anything she has said.

Too gruesome for me to listen to and watch. Just the lowlights for me on the news..

But I wonder why these forensics experts, autopsy guys, and coroners all seem to have western European accents and names.

It's like they all trained at Dachau.

Had the defense just left the cause of death up in the air they would have been a lot better off.

Now talk of some girl that was in jail near Anthony that had her daughter die the same way the defense explains it. Doubt it gets in but pretty interesting. But Baez should know better than to offer some wierd excuse like that. Because the state has to pRVE casey killed her, they dont have to prove shit, or even offer excuses. So making a bad excuse that can never ever be proven is just a huge mistake. Unless they magically thought her father (which they accused of molestation) decided to lie for her and drop a bomb that yeah the kid drowned.

Seriously, had they just left it as an unknown then all the 'its a homicide' or trying to prove it was an accident wouldnt be in and wouldnt be confusing the jury. Then they could all concede the kid was killed, then the simple thing would be to get enough reasonable doubt that Casey didnt do it. Which as far as I am concerned they already have. There is no clear path, even with all the circumstantial stuff to tie her to the murder. So in trying to explain her horrible behavior they started themselves out in a big hole. Now they may be able to clear it up somehow, but I cant see how.

Basically they could proffer as many suspects as they wanted without trying to prove if any of them did it. They just needed to have one juror reasonably believe one of them did it. But since they claimed it was an accident they have to basically live with that and also prove that the little girl did in fact drown, which is basically impossible. The best they can hope for is they can cast enough doubt that she wasnt murdered, but a jump from not murdered to an accidental drowning is a huge leap.

First rule, dont offer anything you cant prove, and as far as I can tell there is absolutely no way the defense could prove the little girl drowned, short of George testifying, and even then the jury would have to believe he was telling the truth not just trying to save his daughters life.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

Too gruesome for me to listen to and watch. Just the lowlights for me on the news..

But I wonder why these forensics experts, autopsy guys, and coroners all seem to have western European accents and names.

It's like they all trained at Dachau.

I'm surprised by this statement. Figured you had a couple kills in your past.

Maybe it's your avatar.

rjt721

EOG Master

Defense says coyotes could have buried the little girl's remains.

Only problem is there are no coyotes in Florida.

:fuck:

Maybe it was wolves or hyaenas or the pizza delivery guy. Kris Kringle better be getting his alibi together.

We know it wasn't Lebron, he doesn't bury anything that late..

Defense says coyotes could have buried the little girl's remains.

Only problem is there are no coyotes in Florida.

:fuck:

You watch too much Nancy Grace.

The women was asked why the bones could have been in 3 or 4 inches of muck if they were only there for 2 weeks (a minimum estimate she said the bones could have been there, not an actual statement of fact). She responded with a very logical answer, first she said dogs could have done it, then she said coyotes, and she followed that with 'if you even have those here'. So the answers she gave werent as stupid as the people who have already convicted Casey Anthony want to make them out to be. it is very possible that dogs got to the bones. maybe not probable but at least possible.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

You watch too much Nancy Grace.

The women was asked why the bones could have been in 3 or 4 inches of muck if they were only there for 2 weeks (a minimum estimate she said the bones could have been there, not an actual statement of fact). She responded with a very logical answer, first she said dogs could have done it, then she said coyotes, and she followed that with 'if you even have those here'. So the answers she gave werent as stupid as the people who have already convicted Casey Anthony want to make them out to be. it is very possible that dogs got to the bones. maybe not probable but at least possible.

Where there any teeth marks on the bones? If not, then it was an illogical answer.

Actually there are coyotes in florida, maybe not in Orlando but in Florida for sure.

As for teeth marks depends on if it chewed it or just picked it up. Since it isnt pivotal but just an explanation then it doesnt really matter. taking these statements out of context is exactly what half the OJ trial was about. But trying to make them into something they are is just bad journalism. Which a lot of people tried to do yesterday as they spun what she said into their own stupid video and audio clips.

I am sure they could have easilly called a person in to give the PSI required for a dog or a coyote or any indigenous animal in the area to test how hard they would have to bite it to leave teeth marks. But since it doesnt matter they didnt. The guy asked her or made a statement about why would something be buried in 4 inches of muck if it had only been there 2 weeks. She could have just as easily said some human did it. But then again people would then automatically assume that would be Casey. Despite the fact her father, her brother, her boyfriend, the meter reader guy or just some crazy random person who just saw some bones could have done it.

it was an explanation to a comment made by the prosecution by a witness that probably shouldnt have been used in the first place. But people make it out like it is the turning point of the trial.

carolinakid

Banned

Look like now with both sides resting, we will know maybe in a week or so what Casey will get..........For me i will say 30 yrs here with everything in now.............ck

High Times

EOG Master

Fair trials are a myth.

The State of Florida does not have to prove anything (and they have not proved anything) except that the little girl is dead.

The fact that Casey is a total lier and was partying after her daughter disappeared AND never reported her daughter missing is enough to convict her to LIFE in Prison. Fact!

The fact that this slimeball was not out of her mind that her daughter was missing EVEN after 1 hour is enough to convict her and that is all they should need.

A question...

Does anyone even know who the Father is/was?

The human race has no chance in hell to be accepted as GOOD if we let humans (trailor trash) like this reproduce.

NONE!!!!!!!

High Times

EOG Master

As far as OJ

The police were his friends and fucked up the case to HELP him get off the charge of murder.

They did not fuck up! They did it on purpose and is an angle many, many people have used over time to get their friends off ....

High Times

EOG Master

The police knew the second the white gold digging whore was murdered who did it!

And screwed up the investigation so OJ would not fry ...

carolinakid

Banned

As for who Caylee dad was all that i know was that someone said he died in a car accident, but who knows...........

High Times

EOG Master

As for who Caylee dad was all that i know was that someone said he died in a car accident, but who knows...........

I guess the lying whore is the only one who knows and I wouldn't believe a thing she said.

In fact they should cut out her vocal cords so she can't ever talk again. That would destroy any life she would have in prison too!

High Times

EOG Master

She doesn't deserve to ever talk again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is better then the death penalty for a whore like her.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

Thread jack. Carolinakid, did you hear about the little girl that got attacked in 3 feet of water by a shark off the North Carolina coast?

carolinakid

Banned

Randy no not yet, but i just got back in here today, but so far nothing on the local fox channel here

carolinakid

Banned

Randy look like she is very lucky, never been to topsoil here in all my yrs but i live about 4 hrs from that beach......ck

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

I guess the lying whore is the only one who knows and I wouldn't believe a thing she said.

In fact they should cut out her vocal cords so she can't ever talk again. That would destroy any life she would have in prison too!

You don't have any compassion for Casey? Her daughters was murdered for good n'sakes.

HighTimes is cold blooded.

carolinakid

Banned

Just wonder who Nancy Grace will go after when this is over, man she is a bitch imo

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

already plenty of reasonable doubt in the case. The state BARELY made a case for first degree murder. What the public fails to realize is that not everything the prosecution says is the truth. So believing everything they say is a major mistake. Even though that doctor looked like an idiot he shot holes all through the M.E.'s exam. But the defense here is doing a horrible job. They knew she blew it, they knew she had a TV show, and they should have know that the M.E.s office lost its accreditation 20 years ago and never renewed it.

Problem with the defense is they made a statement in the opening they never had to say. That the kid drowned. So they put themselves in a corner there. They never ever should have said a cause of death. Only way they get out of it is if they somehow convince the jury that George was the one that found the body and told casey the baby drowned, hinting that he lied and hee actually killed her, more than likely also insinuating it happened while he was molesting her.

Another thing people forget, and it looks like Baez did too is the defense needs to prove NOTHING. So either he got caught up in the hype and the court of public opinion or he was trying to lose the case on purpose from the beginning.

Who really knows, but any competent defense attorneys wouldnt have made the mistakes these guys have made after having the case as long as they have, and with such easy targets to refute as what the prosecution presented.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My guess is this will be a HUNG Jury with it being something like 10-2 in favor of conviction. The DA did NOT prove his case "Beyond a Reasonable Shadow of a Doubt" and even though this SCUM is 100% Guilty - as was OJ - the DA fucked up this case and will NOT get the conviction