Nadal-Djokovic Final [In-Match Thread]

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: Nadal-Djokovic Final [In-Match Thread]

Djokovic is just the better player now... there's a reason he'll now be the No. 1 in the world... and why he's won 4 of their finals this year. He has the right game to neutralize Nadal. Good serve, great return, good shot selection, good movement, clutch winners, unbelievable...

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Another break! 5-1 now... embarrassing performance from Nadal so far.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Djokovic is just the better player now... there's a reason he'll now be the No. 1 in the world... and why he's won 4 of their finals this year. He has the right game to neutralize Nadal. Good serve, great return, good shot selection, good movement, clutch winners, unbelievable...

almost seems impossible to improve to this level we are seeing this year..especially today amazing...

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

One of the best tennis runs ever.

Nadal better change his gameplan quick in this third set.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

If joker don't break nadal his next serve, save his energy and let him have the set. I'm just glancing here and there while at work, funny how momentum changes so fast though

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

serve and volley! first one match point...WOW shocker...

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

nadal played his game. unfortunately his game is defense and wait for a short ball or a mistake
by opponent. djok hits deep and hasn't been making many unforced errors.
also i notice nadal doean't change strategy. entire match how may times did he come
to the net or move up to baseline or try to kill djok's serves. same game plan last 5 matches
of course outcome won't be different. still nadal is a great athlete, and djok is number 1 by far.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

John McEnroe was full of shit there... "First off, Rafa, great effort! Great effort."

What match did he watch?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

And then Nadal says, "I played against probably the best player at the moment."

Probably? LOL

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Of course Novak was terrific today. But didn't you think he looked somewhat shaky in the earlier rounds?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Of course Novak was terrific today. But didn't you think he looked somewhat shaky in the earlier rounds?

Not me. As expected, he beat Chardy, Anderson and Llodra in straight sets. He lost a set to Baghdatis and Tomic... not really surprising... both are tricky players. Novak then beat an in-form Tsonga in four sets, and Nadal in four sets.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

OK. The matches against Tomic and Tsonga left that impression with me. There were times when Novak looked a bit confused I thought.

Against Tsonga, Djokovic just had a tough time when Tsonga was hitting the fuck out of the ball on serve or the forehand. If you look at his history against Tsonga he's got a losing record so a bit of a struggle is expected.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Against Tsonga, Djokovic just had a tough time when Tsonga was hitting the fuck out of the ball on serve or the forehand. If you look at his history against Tsonga he's got a losing record so a bit of a struggle is expected.

OK, because there was a point in that match where I thought Tsonga was going to win.