How many miles are on your current main vehicle?

Teddy kgb

Banned
Re: How many miles are on your current main vehicle?

No longer really have a main vehicle....Used to be our Ford expidition was our only car but soon later my daughter got her car than my son got his and then my wife got hers and I drive a compny truck.....5 cars in my driveway...White trash at it's finest.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

its a 1994

75k original (daily driver to and from work only for the most part)

I got a 2007 Honda CR-v bought new with about 128k miles on it, that gets the miles at maybe 26mpg

I have a 2000 F-150 4WD , I bought used with about 105K at the time ( 3 years ago), the truck has about 119k on it, runs great could be a primary, but gets 17 MPG....I use it when I need a truck or if the wife has the Honda. I'd rather drive the old truck instead of the CRV, but gas prices cause me to use the car, unless I need a truck. It's kind of stupid to drive a full size truck to get a bag of groceries.

The CRV cost me 26k new, The F-150 cost me $4800. I'd never buy a new car again, but I'm still married. I'm never buying a condo again , either, if I sell this one.

I pile the mileage on the 4cyl CRV, whenever possible, but the F-150 is solid and can be driven daily.

No longer really have a main vehicle....Used to be our Ford expidition was our only car but soon later my daughter got her car than my son got his and then my wife got hers and I drive a compny truck.....5 cars in my driveway...White trash at it's finest.

A Ford Subdivision is certainly a gas hog !

I'm kinda Cool, can put the 2000 F-150 into daily service, if needed...it just is expensive to drive

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

2000 Toyota Corolla CE with about 120k on it. I had to put in a new engine about 6-ish months ago so I will be keeping this car until 2016 - even if it kills me

Fully paid off so i can start saving for another car so that when 2016 rolls around I can have about $6k-$9k saved up as a nice down payment on my next car

You got screwed if you needed a new engine, there Ducky !

I used to get 250k miles out of 1977 Corollas that I bought for $200, with like 177K on the clock, and only changed the oil. I'd throw the car away, if it failed.... I did do a windshield on one from a friend for like $100 total, Not a sexy car, but I'd drive a 77 Toyota into the ground circa 1985-7

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I do agree I NEVER should have needed a new engine but I did so I got it - I have been going to the same mechanic for 25+ years so I know they can be trusted. I would put Oil in my car every 3-4 days and the "low oil" light would go on. I never saw any Oil leaking below the car so I knew that was not good - didn't expect what I got - but it is what it is so nothing I can do about it

I kept the car because I figured if I put in a new engine for $3k I could keep the car for 5 more years or 60 months meaning my "car payment" would be about $50 a month. I could set aside an extra $100 a month so after 60 months I could have around $6k. If I got a new car my Insurance and Registration and all would have gone up so I did the best thing $$$$ wise. And I got lucky in that I won over $2k in a Survivor/Suicide Pool this past NFL Season so when I got this money it paid for about 2/3 of my new engine. I look at that as "Found Money" so I figure I got the engine for less than $1k. I would have liked to use that $2k+ on something like Lasik "surgery" but as long as my glasses do the job I am fine for now

I can't drive $200 beaters anymore, but my 11 year old F-150 is solid, my neighbor asked me if it was new about 3 years ago....pretty good if she has to ask if an eight year old pick up truck is brand new !

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Over 300K on my 98 Stang. Only major break down was alternator. I'm getting new rotars put on it tomorrow and probably brakes if needed. We just bought a new Charger that has very few miles on it.

I got a sick deal on this 2000 F-150 for $4800 in 2008 ! People took it for new in 2008. People ask me if I'd sell it, and give me their digits

2000 Ford shortbed with a 6cylinder, 4.2 liter

People want to buy this from from me like it was a 55 Chevy or a 65 Mustang.

I don't get it, but people want this Ford truck, I once had a 1966 F-100 truck.

Everybody wants my 2000 shortbed 4X4 ! Ford pickup, it must be some kind of classic, but I drive it, I'll sellm it for the right money

$10 k would buy this truck from me, 8k would buy it also !

I'm not sure what it books at at around 4-6k ish, I think I keep it

Book is probably like 4K, 8k buys it, I don' reallyt want to sell it, but I'd consider $8,000. I'd have to consider that number....and that would buy it....yeah 8k buys it ! I don't want to sell it, but 8k buys it !

WVU

EOG Master

135 k on my Beemer. Still looks new

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

42k and I plan an keeping it for a while or at least until a new model comes out