HIDEKI IRABU FOUND DEAD

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Former Yankee Irabu found dead

Posted on: July 28, 2011 3:36 pm
By C. Trent Rosecrans

Former Yankees pitcher Hideki Irabu has reportedly been found dead in his California home, according to several reports out of Japan that credit the Associated Press.

According to this story out of Japan, police are investigating the death as a possible suicide.

Irabu was 42.

Irabu played for the Yankees, Expos and Rangers, last pitching in the big leagues in 2002.

The Padres purchased his contract in 1997, but he refused to sign, saying he'd only play for the Yankees. The Padres eventually traded for Irabu's rights and signed him to a four-year deal worth $12.8 million. He played in six seasons in the big leagues and went 34-35 with a 5.15 ERA.
<!-- / message -->

Re: HIDEKI IRABU FOUND DEAD

Why ? unless the guy was broke.

15 M is like more than a doctor makes in a lifetime, usually.

I could budget that out to live forever.

100k a year is pretty comfortable, I could live on that in luxury easily, or 2 million for the rest of my life ( 20 years maybe).

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Longshot winner in the dead pool.Most would be tabbing Lilo,or Charlie Sheen as the current favorites in this betting ring.

Longshot winner in the dead pool.Most would be tabbing Lilo,or Charlie Sheen as the current favorites in this betting ring.
no reason to pick him unless you had inside info. Life should be pretty good after a mediocre MLB career and 15M in salary. I couldn't spend that much money in a lifetime. I just couldn't do it. 200k a year would be a ton to blow, for me.

scrimmage

no reason to pick him unless you had inside info. Life should be pretty good after a mediocre MLB career and 15M in salary. I couldn't spend that much money in a lifetime. I just couldn't do it. 200k a year would be a ton to blow, for me.

Like you point out it doesn't make sense,we should all be so lucky.
If he was gonna do this anyway he could've gone back to Japan,and volunteered["pitched in"?] to help clean up the Fukushima mess,
At least he would've sacrificed himself for a good cause.

scrimmage

Former Yankee Irabu found dead
By C. Trent Rosecrans

Former Yankees pitcher Hideki Irabu has reportedly been found dead in his California home, according to several reports out of Japan that credit the Associated Press.

According to this story out of Japan, police are investigating the death as a possible suicide.

Irabu was 42.
<!-- / message -->

200k is a ton per year, you could live like a king with that kind of coin in many parts of the USA. Take that to Costa Rica, Thailand , etc.....you have ridiculous money.

Tokyo and Vancouver are not in budget, but plenty of places are.

I can't see going broke after making 15M being a nobody pitcher. My money management skills would set me up for life with just a few million....even one million would work for me....I might be in a double wide in Elephant 's Butte, New Mexico with a million, but I'd die with $850,000 in the bank !

I'd call offing yourself to be a legit out if.....

some medical problem, like cancer or such

ok , you're going to prison for life....checking out becomes an option.

that's about it, for me....you're dying or facing big time.....checking out is an option.

I'd not hang myself if I wanted to check out. You hang horse thieves, a dishonorable death....probably painful as well ? I'd be more likely to jump off a 10+ story building or jump in front of a train or something, not Fucking hang myself....that is just so dishonorable !

I hope Hideki had some decent reason for this, something better than he blew 15 million he got paid to be a sucky pitcher,,,,

that last million is enough for me for 20 years.

a million is a lot of money. I could sure make that last 20 years at $1,000 a week. I'd diversify it somewhat....buy some silver, gold, farmland, stocks, etc.

I'm good with a single million, if I blew through 15 million, I might be suicidal. I'm just too cheap to blow that much money ! I just could not do it.

15 million is a fortune to me, I can't fathom having billions.

If I got a hold of Hideki's money to basically suck, I'd not end on the wrong end of a rope

scrimmage

a million is a lot of money. I could sure make that last 20 years at $1,000 a week. I'd diversify it somewhat....buy some silver, gold, farmland, stocks, etc.

I'm good with a single million, if I blew through 15 million, I might be suicidal. I'm just too cheap to blow that much money ! I just could not do it.

15 million is a fortune to me, I can't fathom having billions.

If I got a hold of Hideki's money to basically suck, I'd not end on the wrong end of a rope
At least go out in a self destructive downward spiral of self loathing with drugs/alcohol[substance abuse],instead of sudden death,or he could've given millions away first to worthy individuals who've been downsized in the challenging economy.
Most people in the world would live in style for a good long time with $15 million,but a lot of athletes have burned through much more,eg. Antoine Walker,Mike Tyson,Lenny Dykstra etc..
Sports skill might yield big bucks which for some don't last without ability to manage them capably.
Many sports stars see their money drained away by having to support a large entourage which orbits them,the gravity created drags them back to mere mortal status if they can't resist sometimes overly generous impulses.
Irabu didn't need to feel ashamed for getting big bucks from the Yankees,it was an opportunity for him to redistribute money from the haves to the have nots,if he chose to.

Heim

EOG Master

His wife dumped him and took their two kids. That's the story on the local news out here anyways. Their culture takes that stuff seriously. Here we get over someone by getting over someone. On second thought maybe I'd do the same thing if it was Hitomi Tanaka......:

View attachment 6805

unusualsusp5

EOG Senior Member

you'd have to remember the seinfeld episode when george costanza's father berated george steinbrenner for signing irabu to a ridiculous (at the time) contract. rumor has it he took it to heart when he watched that rerun and it drove him to do what he did.

scrimmage

3 years ago

<CENTER>
Hideki Irabu was arrested looking as sharp as ever.</CENTER>
Hideki Irabu, the former pitcher for the New York Yankees, was arrested in Tokyo. The retired 39-year-old was arrested for allegedly assaulting a bartender.
According to reports, Irabu finished off two mugs of beer before going into a rampage. The cause of the rampage was apparently that Irabu?s credit card was declined. Eventually, Irabu paid his hefty tab with another credit card.
Irabu, who also pitched for the Montreal Expos and the Texas Rangers, was released after being detained. The Japan native currently lives somewhere in California.
Hideki Irabu Arrested ? Former Yankees Pitcher | EveryJoe

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

His wife dumped him and took their two kids. That's the story on the local news out here anyways. Their culture takes that stuff seriously. Here we get over someone by getting over someone. On second thought maybe I'd do the same thing if it was Hitomi Tanaka......:

View attachment 6805

Good Lord - she could breast feed all of Japan with those things

The Japanese have BY FAR the highest number of Suicides so something like this - while surprising - is somewhat "in line" with the way they are

IF he did hang himself - and it required placing a noose around his neck - that might mark the first accurate thing Irabu ever did once he left Japan. Watching him pitch he had trouble finding the plate unless the pitch was a "cookie"

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Former Expo Irabu found dead

By C. Trent Rosecrans

Irabu was 42.

Irabu played for the Yankees, Expos and Rangers, last pitching in the big leagues in 2002.

The Padres purchased his contract in 1997, but he refused to sign, saying he'd only play for the Yankees. The Padres eventually traded for Irabu's rights and signed him to a four-year deal worth $12.8 million. He played in six seasons in the big leagues and went 34-35 with a 5.15 ERA.
<!-- / message -->

Fixed that foa ya.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

3 years ago

<CENTER>
Hideki Irabu was arrested looking as sharp as ever.</CENTER>
Hideki Irabu, the former pitcher for the Montreal expos and a few other teams, was arrested in Tokyo. The retired 39-year-old was arrested for allegedly assaulting a bartender.
According to reports, Irabu finished off two mugs of beer before going into a rampage. The cause of the rampage was apparently that Irabu’s credit card was declined. Eventually, Irabu paid his hefty tab with another credit card.
Irabu, who also pitched for the Montreal Expos and the Texas Rangers, was released after being detained. The Japan native currently lives somewhere in California.
Hideki Irabu Arrested – Former Yankees Pitcher | EveryJoe

FIxed that for ya

scrimmage

#14,14 years later on 7/27[2x7=14?],anything to that?

Below text from:
Former Yankees pitcher Hideki Irabu found dead - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
LOS ANGELES (AP)?Hideki Irabu joined the New York Yankees 14 years ago in a swell of international excitement. The quirky, flamethrowing Japanese right-hander seemed destined to become a pioneering star for American baseball?s marquee franchise.

Irabu never reached those enormous expectations, and his career spiraled. On Wednesday July 27th 2011, the 42-year-old was found dead, an apparent suicide in a home in Rancho Palos Verdes, a wealthy Los Angeles suburb.

?He was a world-class pitcher,? said former major league manager Bobby Valentine, who managed Irabu in Japan in 1995. ?When Nolan Ryan saw him, he said he had never seen anything like it. There were just some days when he was as good a pitcher as I had ever seen. A fabulous arm.?

Irabu finished 34-35 with a 5.15 ERA in his tenure with the Yankees, two years in Montreal and a final season in the Texas bullpen in 2002. He was a member of two Yankees teams that won the World Series, but his only postseason action was a single relief appearance in the 1999 AL championship series when Boston tagged him for 13 hits.

scrimmage

Wonder if Irabu's Vietnam vet dad's still alive now,and did he really go to see him play at Yankee games?

SAYONARA : Takeru Sato prays at a floral tribute outside the home of pal Hideki Irabu.

When he first arrived in the United States in 1997, Irabu confided he wanted desperately to meet the American dad who ditched him and his Japanese mother.

He told Japanese reporters he wanted to pitch for the Bombers precisely because he wanted to find his birth father, The Daily Sports newspaper of Japan reported at the time.
"Even if he can't meet his father, he believes his father will see him if he does well in the United States," the publication said, quoting officials with Irabu's Japanese team, the Chiba Lotte Marines.
From then on, rumors regularly circulated about Irabu's dad, a Vietnam veteran, showing up at various Yankee games. Irabu never gave the stories credence.
"I'm not talking about it," the irritated hurler would snarl through his interpreter.

Irabu apparently never reconnected with his real dad, but his stepfather, Ichiro Irabu, stood by him proudly.
Soon after his son's arrival in New York, Ichiro, the manager of a restaurant in Amagasaki, Japan, revealed he had become the star's stepfather soon after Hideki's birth in 1969.