You might be a shit book if...

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Re: You might be a shit book if...

the housed does not pay off total bets that are on the over when a game goes over the total and then is rained out after 7 innings, like tonight with cleve and seattle. What logic was used to set this manner of application in place? Did any bookmaker complete high school or elementary school for that matter when they imposed this rule and other books followed?
I could see an under wager not getting paid off if incomplete ( when still under the number )
but an over wager and the game is over the total prior to completion but later than the official number of innings !! ?? Which bookmaker is responsible for this one ?
Which dork would dare stand up and admit it was "He" that concocted such a stipulation ?
I would pay anything to see even a high school diploma from this character.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

Operators say games are OTB when you're watching it televised and the halftime line hasn't been up 10 minutes into the break. Cost me a nice potential over on the second half Phoenix/Seattle last night.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

lines aren't posted until they've been beaten to a pulp at the other books.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

no moneylines are posted on basketball games for which the spread exceeds 12 pts. Do you fucking hear me, former employees of Betjam?

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

the way you hope to attract customers is by having a picture on your homepage of some three-quarters naked, big titted whore wearing football eyeblack with a "fuck me in my ass very, VERY hard" expression on her face. Elsewhere on the page is a picture of some douchebag metrosexual supposedly winning mountains of money with a caption that says "Shitbook.com...where the real players go to have fun and win!"

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

bet takers answer the phone and you have to tell them what sport you're referring to when you ask for the Carolina Hurricanes on the money line.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

you ask a fucking question about one of their policies and you wind up speaking to two other people and are put on hold for 6 minutes each time.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

it takes them 90 mintues to grade your fucking bet on Southern Illinois because after all, that game wasn't on TV.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

they list lines for certain sports at -120 on both sides knowing that they will be able to at least rip off a few idiots.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

they have horrible teaser odds and very little choice of the type of teasers.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

the page you see when you make bets online looks like it was designed by a third grader in a 40 minute, once-a-week, art class and when you confirm the bet, you're still not confident it went through and have to check your 'wagers pending' every time you make a play.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

they try to lure people with a 4,000% cash bonus but you first have to roll over the principal 10,000 times and you can't take your first payout until the year 2018.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

they accept your deposit in 11 minutes but take 11 days to pay you a lousy fucking $500 that you dared to win from them.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

You have to repeat your user name and password a dozen times when you call in because either the clerk is hard of hearing or simply does not understand English.

If their website excepts correlated parlays but don't pay out on winners but keep the losers. Then the head guy tells you not to make those plays anymore,lol. :LMAO

the housed does not pay off total bets that are on the over when a game goes over the total and then is rained out after 7 innings, like tonight with cleve and seattle. What logic was used to set this manner of application in place? Did any bookmaker complete high school or elementary school for that matter when they imposed this rule and other books followed?
I could see an under wager not getting paid off if incomplete ( when still under the number )
but an over wager and the game is over the total prior to completion but later than the official number of innings !! ?? Which bookmaker is responsible for this one ?
Which dork would dare stand up and admit it was "He" that concocted such a stipulation ?
I would pay anything to see even a high school diploma from this character.

Well that is the standard rule everywhere , so you can't fault a book for doing it that way.

I agree that a baseball over that hits by the time the game is official should be a graded a winner and therefore the under must lose....this stuff is pretty common.

Now if the total is 9.5 and the game is under 9.5 in the 7th, we would have to void all totalbets....better than the present way, IMO.

I'd void the RL on a short game also, have to.

It's a pretty bad beat to push these overs that are in.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Not only is is stupid not to grade those "won" OVERS as winners, but doesn't that hurt the books? They were likely going to collect juice by grading the OVERS as winners and the UNDERS as losers. I think these books just get aroused by voiding bets, even if it costs them money in a case like this.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

This book shut everything down at about 12:57 pm sunday afternoon---still 2 or 3 minutes till gametime----bet early if you play at H-------.

Not only is is stupid not to grade those "won" OVERS as winners, but doesn't that hurt the books? They were likely going to collect juice by grading the OVERS as winners and the UNDERS as losers. I think these books just get aroused by voiding bets, even if it costs them money in a case like this.

It must be from old time Vegas where sportsbetting originated ( ?), so the offshores copy Vegas rules. How can one book change it when everybody does it the old way ? A local could probably make the change for his clients, if explained in advance.

Under a revised system, what happens to this bet..... ?

You have over 8.5 and the game gets called tied 4-4. That should win with the under losing also !

absolutvodka999

EOG Addicted

its idiotic to say "oh the overs should win if its over in 6 innings but if its under then the under isnt a winner its a refund because it didnt go the distance" you cant have it both ways. for literally decades, totals and run lines have to play a full completed 9 inning game, 8? if the home team wins. that will never change, ever. and a big LOL @ winning on an over bet if the game is called tied 4-4.

Well if changed the books would never be paying one side and pushing the other on MLB totals. My 4-4 example shows a problem with changing it. If you pay off on 7 inning games, that should pay also, even if suspended for months.

I think most players would like the present rules changed, but it must start in Vegas. It would make a good poll, I'm sure most would opt for the change.

Being Critical of a new book for not paying this out is wrong since no book pays rain-shortened overs.

If you do this for MLB then you'd have to the same for other sports in the much rarer situations where a game doesn't go 55 minutes because of lightning, power failure, earthquake, etc.

I doubt these rules change anytime soon.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

its idiotic to say "oh the overs should win if its over in 6 innings but if its under then the under isnt a winner its a refund because it didnt go the distance" you cant have it both ways. for literally decades, totals and run lines have to play a full completed 9 inning game, 8? if the home team wins. that will never change, ever. and a big LOL @ winning on an over bet if the game is called tied 4-4.

Your reasoning is terrible. If a game is already OVER it should be a winner and the UNDER should be a loser. If a game is UNDER and it hasn't finished yet, then there should be a cancellation since no one knows what would have happened through 9. There is NO contradiction here.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

It must be from old time Vegas where sportsbetting originated ( ?), so the offshores copy Vegas rules. How can one book change it when everybody does it the old way ? A local could probably make the change for his clients, if explained in advance.

Under a revised system, what happens to this bet..... ?

You have over 8.5 and the game gets called tied 4-4. That should win with the under losing also !
I agree. The 4-4 game with OV 8.5 is already a winner.

...you aren't using listed pitchers.

Your owner is named Pink Ass and that owner is serving a 20 year ban for stock fraud.

That seems to me to be a much more certain indicator of shittiness than not using listed pitchers.

But maybe that's just me.