[Kinger vs. Winky] Next 50 NHL Plays (Unofficial)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: [Kinger vs. Winky] Next 50 NHL Plays (Unofficial)

Of course Winky is going to end up getting 4 goals in the 3rd period to cash the over.

i passed on your last 2 plays

i got 4 goals and the win and honestly..........I GOT VERY LUCKY! There is nothing worse than capping a game right - but losing it. There is nothing better than capping a game wrong - and cashing that ticket. Canes/Flyers Over - was the latter

at worst a B/E day but Isles are in OT tied @ 2 and gonna try and get that one home, too. btw - nothing worse than having O5.5 and seeing the game go to OT 2-2 knowing no matter what happens it is irrelevant - you will lose your play

Update: Sharkey's Machine gets an early OT winner so a B/E day for me - sucks but can't really complain after getting the Flyers OVER home

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

JK got my 2 Sunday Picks about 30+ mins ago

2 pix.........2 small faves

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Ducks -125: This line actually opened -135 in some places which woulda kept me off the game but then some people bet the Blue Jackets for reasons only they will ever know and dropped this number down a peg. I am big time scared then whenever something looks too easy it rarely is - but this one looks like a "gimme". The Blue Jackets are playing like they are in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes - not wanting to win a game - or many games - to hurt their chances of taking the Stanford QB #1 in the Draft. Only problem is someone needs to tell the Jackets Luck doesn't play hockey. No real advantage here as far as sked for either side - same number of games in same number of days in recent games. Both are travelling to this game so no additional rest for either side. I do expect Dan Ellis to play in nets for the Ducks and not Jonas Hiller. Won't make a difference. Ducks are 8-3 their last 11 games in Ohio and the road team is actually 7-3 the last 10 games between these 2. Make is 9-3 and 8-3 after this one. This one should be a 60-minute snoozer and an easy Ducks win.

Oilers -110: This line confused me. Looks too low. Someone needs to tell the linesmakers the Edmonton Oilers are one of the best teams in the NHL, right now. The Blues are playing good hockey but this is the conclusion of a 4-game roadie and while they have had at least a day off between every game the last game of a roadie tend to be one many teams don't show up for and play their best game. Think we might get that hear. I think the Blues are gona toss in a clinker here ALTHOUGH - the Oilers are ripe for one, too and this spot seems to indicate a clinker is more likely to come from the Oilers than the Blues. But I'll take my chance with a young team on a fast ice surface and all the confidence one could need with their recent play. The Oilers have shown they aren't afraid of anyone with recent wins over the Caps and then the next day going to Colorado and winning in altitude. I'll take my shot here with solid team playing at home against a team that might be more worried about going home than playing this game.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Kings-Avalanche Over 5 -122
Colorado Avalanche +100
St. Louis Blues -110

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Winky's Halloween winner...

Rangers +115: This is the final game of a 6-game roadie for Sharkey's Machine and somehow The Machine has won the first 5. They played Saturday @ NYI so travel is no issue here. The Machine has won all 5 games by 1 goal so these games have all been close (OK - first and last games were won by 1 goal - the middle 3 were won by 2 goals but in all 3 cases the last goal was an ENG so while the scoreboard says they were 2 goal wins and those playing SJ on the PL were happy - I consider all 5 to be 1 goal wins). Meanwhile the Rangers are struggling and struggling of all places - AT HOME! After opening the season with 7 games away from MSG the Rangers came home for 2 games against a pair of Canadian etams and lost both games. The loss to the Leaves in the first homie was understandable. The loss Saturday to the Sens was puzzling. The Blueshirts were in control of the game with about 11 minutes left when Ottawa scored 3 to tie and win in a SO. As one can imagine NYR coach John Tortorella blew a gasket after Saturday's loss- as he should. Gotta think Sunday practice wasn't a lot of fun for the Rangers at all. The Rangers don't play again until Thursday (and that is at home where they have 3 more homies after this one) so no need to hold back and worry about a game in 24 or 48 hours - the next game is almost 72 hours away. I think the road trip finally catches up to The Machine and a pissed off Rangers squad gives us a G7 SCF showing here and wins against a side they have historicall done very well against<var id="yiv372318850yui-ie-cursor" style="font-style: inherit; "></var>. I look for Lundqvist to stand on his head and he might have to in order for the Rangers to win but I feel VERY confident Rangers get their first win on American soil (3 wins all in Canada).

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Today's pick...

Ducks +175: I make this bet KNOWING odds are very good I will lose it and then afterwards wonder why I was such an idiot and made such a stupid bet but I gotta make this play. I will add if the Ducks were only getting about +125 I wouldn't make this play but at this price I feel "forced" to make this play. And if I wasn't UP for the season and basically "playing with house money" I doubt I'd be making this play but I am UP so here we go. The Caps looked like they were ready to be handed the Stanley Cup before October ended winning their first 7 games. Then they got on a plane to Western Canada and were shown that Stanley Cups are won in June - not October. The Caps lost to the Oilers 2-1 in a game they probably should have won and were beaten by Vancouver in a game they got what they deserved. The short 2-game trip showed you CAN Tug on Superman's Cape, you CAN Spit in the Wind, you CAN Pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger and you CAN Mess around with the Washington Capitals. I don't like the fact the Caps have shown themselves to be vulnerable and coming home from Vancouver can't help things although that game was Saturday so fatigue shouldn't be much of an issue. If anything fatigue could be more of an issue for the Ducks who are on Game 5 of an 7-game roadie and have scored just 6 goals and only 1 the last 120 minutes. Hard to win games when you don't score many goals although I think we might see some goals here from the Ducks. Jonas Hiller has played solid goal for the Ducks and he did have Sunday off so he should be well rested, too (although one can argue the entire Ducks team took Sunday off losing too the Blue Jackets). The Caps have historically done poor against Pacific Division teams and I think the reason is Pacific teams play a very similar style of play as the Caps - maybe better. I think this will be a low scoring game and I do think U5.5 is a solid play as well - but not a play I am making since I suck at totals. I'll take my chances here, cross my finger and hope for the best and that this massive puppy barks its way home.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I thought about playing the Leaves but passed

Think you might have the right side in the other game, too

But something tells me you go 1-1 for the night.........no clue which one you lose but I think 1-1 will be your night

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

No plays today, Winky?

You should've taken the Canucks last night. You said you were leaning that way.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

I'm back from 5 days in LV and didn't see your picks and am amazed how similar they were to mine. Islanders deserved better on Saturday night - they played well and there should have been more scoring. Rangers got to pick the Sharks' carcass on Monday night.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I'm back from 5 days in LV and didn't see your picks and am amazed how similar they were to mine. Islanders deserved better on Saturday night - they played well and there should have been more scoring. Rangers got to pick the Sharks' carcass on Monday night.

Isles did deserve better but as we saw last night with the Ducks - sometimes strange things happen

Kinger - i leaned Vancouver's way but i needed to see them play 2 good games in a row before i could "believe" in them

I passed on today's card - sent JK a reason why

And I JUST sent JK my 2 plays for Thursday.........a decent sized Puppy and a Total

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Winky's plays for Thursday.

Red Wings PL +160: I readily admit it is tough to ask a team to win by 2+ goals when they have lost their last 5 games and average 1 goal per game in those 5 (1 x3, 0 x1 and 2 x1). But this game just has the look of a bustout game for the Wings and a "Massacre in the Making." The Wings are playing solid defense and I think it continues here. I love the fact the Flames have only played 3 road games and are coming off a 6-game home stand meaning they might be somewhat slow on a new sheet of ice especially this one. Joe Louis has just been a House of Horrors for the Flames (in all fairness - many other teams, too) and is a place they rarely emerge from victorious. I have NEVER been a Miikka Kiprusoff fan - calling him KipruSOFT because he always seems to allow a soft goal or two that hurts his team's chance of winning. I think the Wings are due for a "Wings kinda game" where they put 5 on the board in the first 2 periods and chase the goalie. The way the Wings have been playing lately doesn't show that happening but a visit by the Flames can, and usually does, change all that. I'm looking for a 5-1/4-2 kind of game here.

Oilers/Kings U5 -110: This one scares me because it looks so obvious. Kings have played 3 TRUE home games and all 3 games were Under with 5, 1 and 3 goals scored for the game. Oilers on the road also play low scoring games and are also 3-0 to the Under with 3, 3 and 4 goals scored in those 3 games. Most people expected the Kings to be a top team in the league but few predicted the same for the Oilers but thru 11 games they are leading their division and tied for the top spot in the Conference. But that is a tad misleading since they have played 8 home games and only 3 road games. But in those 11 games the Oilers are 9-2 to the Under and that is no coincidence. The Oilers don't make many mistakes and don't take many chances on offense. The Oilers have been outshot in all 3 road games and in 2 of them by double digits. I will admit SOG is a somewhat overrated stat in that an unscreened shot from the Blueline has a very minimal chance of going in yet it counts the same as a shot from 3 feet out but it does show the Oilers tend to play very cautious on the road. In Kings' home games and Oilers' road games neither side tends to take a lot of penalties so PP chances are minimal and both sides are excellent at killing off what Few PP chances the other team has, The Kings spent the weekend losing a pair of 3-2 games with both games seeing some awful goals allowed on poor defensive play by the Kings. Now that the Kings are back home and have had several days to rest I see the defense cleaning itself up some. This one has the look of a 2-1 kind of game and I really can't see anything more than a 3-2 kind of game and while 3-2 is a PUSH it isn't a Loss and anytime you make a bet and at worst get your money back that isn't that bad of a thing. I actually think the Kings win this one 3-1 and I came thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to playing the Kings on the PL.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Pittsburgh Penguins +129
Edmonton Oilers +155

for the PRICE - 2 solid picks. i had no idea what to do with the Pens/Sharkey's Machine game - I can make strong cases for/against both sides

for the PRICE - the Oilers are the play but so were the Ducks Tuesday and we saw where that got me

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Penguins up 3-1 at the start of the 3rd period... and now it's 3-3. Fuckin' hockey :finger004

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Two plays from Winky tomorrow...

Odds are very good I will have up to 2 more plays on Friday and if so those will be posted early in the day with plenty of notice - I will post them myself on EOG instead of going thru JK.

Not a huge card but I do like several plays:

Hurricanes +115 AND U5.5 -115: I don't trust the Caps on the road even though they have owned this series. Cam Ward outplays Tomas Vokoun and the Canes win a 3-2 kind of game.

(2-Unit Play) Lightning -110: I love this game so much I am making it a 2-unit play. Lightning Coach Guy Boucher put the team thru Hell at practice on Wednesday. Hawks are at the "wrong place at the wrong time". Lightning EASILY win this one.

ExodusNZ

EOG Member

i will be UP well over 5 units when Friday is done. might be closer to 8 units, too

i have already counted the Tampa Bay game as +2.00 units

Wow the whole of (another) forum is on Chicago!!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

BTW - not in a MILLION YEARS would I have thought Avs/Stars would end up 7-6 or anything close to it. OVER - OK I can see that. But Over by more than 2B the posted total? NO FREAKING WAY

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Capitals/Islanders Over 5.5 +105
Predators/Sharks Over 5 -135

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Kicking myself for NOT playing the Canucks today!!!! STUUUUUUUUUPID me!

2 games on Monday - passing on Monday, too

But looking at Tuesday's card I see about 3-4 plays for sure