JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated
Re: Name Some Overrated Managers/Coaches, Any Sport, College or Pro

Mack Brown, The whole Stoops family, Lane Kiffin, John Calipari

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Mack Brown, The whole Stoops family, Lane Kiffin, John Calipari

Totally agree with Mack Brown- gets the cream of the crop every year, and always finds a way to screw it up or get out coached. Vince Young bailed him out that one year. Overrated.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Totally agree with Mack Brown- gets the cream of the crop every year, and always finds a way to screw it up or get out coached. Vince Young bailed him out that one year. Overrated.

I had a huge ML bet on USC in that game. :shoot:

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Alan Boston would say Coach K. I disagree. I think Mike is good and I like how he looks super intense/worried even when they're beating an inferior team by 14 with 9 minutes left in Cameron Stadium.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Lovie Smith. A few years ago, I really think his strategy was to get a 3-0 lead and run out the clock.

High Times

EOG Master

LaRussa
Leyland
Cowher
Lovie Smith
Phil Jackson
Tomlin
Torre

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

LaRussa #1 for me.

I don't agree with Calipari - I'd say if I was going to start a college program tomorrow he'd be my first coach taken. He has clouds surrounding him, but he's been fine so far at Kentucky and will be great going forward. He's not the best X and O's coach in America, but he's not sub par.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Dean Smith,Andy Reid,and Bobby Cox.

scrimmage

3 more:

Dan Reeves,Lou Piniella,and Buck Showalter.

carolinakid

Banned

Bobby Cox NUMBER 1 on my list........... he is worst than wil at the rx when people thinks he can walk on water.............carolinakid

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

3 more:

Dan Reeves,Lou Piniella,and Buck Showalter.

Disagree with Showalter- he and stick Michael groomed that Yankee team and they were ready to win when George fired him. He also put the Diamondbacks in position to win as well. If Steinbrenner had stuck with him for another year, he would be the one with the rings, and Torre would still be working in the truck or booth, were he was when George plucked him out.

scrimmage

Disagree with Showalter- he and stick Michael groomed that Yankee team and they were ready to win when George fired him. He also put the Diamondbacks in position to win as well. If Steinbrenner had stuck with him for another year, he would be the one with the rings, and Torre would still be working in the truck or booth, were he was when George plucked him out.

Fact,the Yankees and D'Backs both won it all the year after he left,if he was the manager maybe they win too,but he wasn't,so who knows what might've been.
Through 1776 games his winning % is barely over .500.Unlike LaRussa[3 WS rings] Showalter's a genius with nothing to show for it.

Below is from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Showalter[TABLE="class: infobox bordered vcard, width: 25"]
<TBODY>

920-856

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

carolinakid

Banned

NOT a coach etc, but in my life time i have never seen a more over-rated person.DALE JR

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Fact,the Yankees and D'Backs both won it all the year after he left,if he was the manager maybe they win too,but he wasn't,so who knows what might've been.
Through 1776 games his winning % is barely over .500.Unlike LaRussa[3 WS rings] Showalter's a genius with nothing to show for it.

Below is from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Showalter[TABLE="class: infobox bordered vcard, width: 25"]
<tbody>

920-856

</tbody>[/TABLE]

True- who knows if, or how many championships he would have won, but I think he is far from overrated. He took over a very mediocre Yankee team and started to turn them around. Best thing that happened to the Yanks was George being suspended. He then took over the DBacks, and they improved 35 games in his 2nd year. Same thing with the Rangers, an 18 game improvement in his 2nd year, but mediocre after that. Then the Orioles and it doesn't matter who manages that team, they are not winning with there brain dead owner. By no means a great manager, but don't think he belongs on the overrated list.