Tarheels vs Runnin Rebels

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Toss out the home court for the Rebels as there will be as many Unc fans in the building if it's a repeat of yesterday. Rebels are being forced to stay in a hotel as well instead of their own homes (no advantage of the comfort level). Lopez/Massamba/Thomas have absolutely no shot down low vs the big men on Unc. I see why I don't set lines, I thought this game would open at least double digits. No total out yet, anything 145 or lower leans to a solid over play. Rebels have played down to the style recently of their opponents, USC, Cal Poly. Giving the chance to run they will enjoy this game, problem lies they are a streaky, not so great shooting team.

Unc -6 -111

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: Tarheels vs Runnin Rebels

opened 147.5 5 minutes ago, now at 154.5 :LMAO

i guess i shouldnt have been scared of the 2.5 points i wasnt gonna go over

carolinakid

Banned

TM i will give you the play about 30 mins before tip in this one....i do know carolina roundball imo

High Times

EOG Master

welcome to the world of -8.5 now at pinny

Who in their right mind would think UNLV is only a 5 point dog to North Carolina?

And what bookie in their right mind would take a bet on North Carolina giving up only 5 points to UNLV????

These linemakers are not just horrible, they have no idea what they are doing!

PERIOD!

High Times

EOG Master

someone liked the Rebels there, popped back down

Math guys

Both the linesmakers and the math bettors use computers to make their numbers and a lot of the time they agree.

This is a classic case of anybody with a pulse knows North Carolina is at least -10 over this years UNLV team and drilled the number up to -8.

Then the math nerds come in and say hey our number is lower like the linesmakers so we should now take the INFLATED line on UNLV. And on top of that they have no clue when to bet the game. If a game goes 1 way more then 3 points then WAIT until post time to take the other side. This game will only go higher, but the CLUELESS math guys have no idea when to make their bets. WAIT!

Good for them.

But this is also why a math based gambler will always run into really bad bets. They can't adjust and will make way too many bad bets because of that.

They might win this game, but they are also on the wrong side and are not getting any value getting anything less then +10.

Math guys can't handicap.

:pop:

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Heading out to the game now, i have 2nd row on the floor. I cant believe im saying this, uh go UNC 2348ji23e

newport2

EOG Dedicated

This was a Holiday tournament final game won by the host team who is trying to gain some respect. Nothing more, nothing less. Where do you think the motivation edge was?

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Wow, I didn't know it opened at -6.:doh1

There sure were a lot of light blue shirts in the stands. I was surprised by the number of them.

railbird

EOG Master

USC and Cal Poly played UNLV tough because they both have big time coaches who are great at 3 pt defense efficent

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Math guys

Both the linesmakers and the math bettors use computers to make their numbers and a lot of the time they agree.

This is a classic case of anybody with a pulse knows North Carolina is at least -10 over this years UNLV team and drilled the number up to -8.

Then the math nerds come in and say hey our number is lower like the linesmakers so we should now take the INFLATED line on UNLV. And on top of that they have no clue when to bet the game. If a game goes 1 way more then 3 points then WAIT until post time to take the other side. This game will only go higher, but the CLUELESS math guys have no idea when to make their bets. WAIT!

Good for them.

But this is also why a math based gambler will always run into really bad bets. They can't adjust and will make way too many bad bets because of that.

They might win this game, but they are also on the wrong side and are not getting any value getting anything less then +10.

Math guys can't handicap.

:pop:

Was this one of those bad bets, HT?

newport2

EOG Dedicated

Who in their right mind would think UNLV is only a 5 point dog to North Carolina? CRIS

And what bookie in their right mind would take a bet on North Carolina giving up only 5 points to UNLV???? CRIS

PERIOD!
Somebody has to put a set of #s up first, and in today's market they are going to move no matter how percise the handicap. Money will be wagered. There are rarely any "dead" games anymore. Mistakes will be made, but volume will always come out on top.

High Times

EOG Master

Was this one of those bad bets, HT?

A winning bet is never a bad bet. :thumbsup

1 of the reasons the math guys have a better chance of winning over time is MONEY MANAGEMENT.

Math guys don't get all caught up in the old "This is the game of the year" bullshit.

They won the game and that is all that matters.

WVU

EOG Master

Who in their right mind would think UNLV is only a 5 point dog to North Carolina?

And what bookie in their right mind would take a bet on North Carolina giving up only 5 points to UNLV????

PERIOD!

why do you claim the linesmakers are horrible every time you like the other side? I think we both know who is horrible