Good Morning and Goodbye EOG

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: Good Morning and Goodbye EOG

Jeff, who is the new Eog staff that has been here 30 minutes that is hanging Blondie out to dry?

:+clueless

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Jeff, who is the new Eog staff that has been here 30 minutes that is hanging Blondie out to dry?

:+clueless

He has no clue what the hell he's talking about... he rarely posted this last week... but he's made five posts already in this thread. Instead of celebrating what Blondie has done, he'll use the sad occasion to take shots at EOG. Agendas.

Blondie

EOG Master

I'm getting blasted either today or tom. too...from a real job

I am very sorry to hear that fifty. I do hope you find something else soon! Best of luck to you.

Stay healthy and wise Blondie..............

Best wishes moving forward.

-FH-

Thanks Fish :)

You guys act like this was a real job. Sorry, but it's not. It's a moderating gig for some extra money on the side...most internet forums have volunteer mods.

Sorry you're losing out on some extra cash, Blondie, but at least you had a good run while it lasted. We should all be so lucky to get paid anything for posting on a gambling forum and betting on the Salamanders -6 with a few sponsors now and then.

Weinke, after this long, this was my only job. I was making enough that I could remain home with my kids when I needed to be here and still work. You might think it was just a moderating gig, but in reality the time the staff puts into this site is much more than you might realize.

I am very lucky to have lasted this long. I was fired by Ken more times than I can count when he would get pissed off at me and sometimes he would even act the next day like it never happened. I survived Ken's death and multiple changing of the guards.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten how fortunate I was to have this job, but perhaps some day you will understand as well that it was a job for me and is for others still working here.

All the best to you!

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Blondie,

It's been a pleasure... I have to say you're my favorite mod of all time. BTW... those cookies are going to make some kids at an orphanage in Juarez very happy. :cheers

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Its been a pleasure working with you blondie, especially getting to know you over the last 5+ years. Don't be a stranger and keep in touch.

I'm already working on the day Kinger gets the dismissal word.

My best is "King Gone."

Football is so hard.

OSU COWBOYS

EOG Dedicated

Blondie,

I know how much this place means to you. I am sorry that you have to move on. Just keep in mind.......where one door closes, another opens.

The OSU family wishes you the absolute best. :thumbsup

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

It's really a shame on the timing...I believe that EOG could have been more compassionate and not let her go during the holidays...not a wise decision whoever made it...

I know the tech department won't forget countless phone calls to them during the summer months when EOG was down almost everyday...Blondie and myself really had their ear and nothing got done until the football season started...

Best of luck down the road Mindy...:thumbsup

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Weinke, after this long, this was my only job. I was making enough that I could remain home with my kids when I needed to be here and still work. You might think it was just a moderating gig, but in reality the time the staff puts into this site is much more than you might realize.

I am very lucky to have lasted this long. I was fired by Ken more times than I can count when he would get pissed off at me and sometimes he would even act the next day like it never happened. I survived Ken's death and multiple changing of the guards.

[/QUOTE]

Oh wow.......

Knowing this now, I echo Patrick McIrish's sentiments.....................relieved of duties on such short notice and just before the holidays was certainly a rather low blow.

Have not been funded with BetPhoenix for well over a year now and early this week was debating whether I should re-up there soon..........................this decision and how it was handled with Blondie will delay my decision to do such.

WVU

EOG Master

Oh blonde one, you will be missed for sure. I can't say I didn't see this coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. You have my number if you ever want to talk. I can even try to find work for you.

EOG should do something special for you and your family in the way of a parting gift. If they don't then I will set something up. God Bless you and your family. This is a sad day for us all.:bye

If I hear "oe door closes, another one opens," I may have to open a florist shop in Encino.

We're down to OSU spouting that nonsense? You can't make it up.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Go ask a dozen other random forums across the net if message board moderators should get paid enough to be able to support a family on their moderator salary alone and you'll get laughed off the board.

I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

I'm sure you put in time here, but guess what, a lot of us do. I also put in a lot of time on my shitter but that doesn't mean I expect my plumber to pay me well for it. I'm not trying to rip on you at all, Blondie, just the general attitude that pervades these very unique gambling forums. The expectations that everybody ought to get paid for being a part of the e-community here shows just how degenerate most of the posters here are.

If keeping drunk Teddy from telling a noob that he's going to fuck him in the ass is how one derives their primary income, my recommendation is to not make any big purchases on credit...

Go ask a dozen other random forums across the net if message board moderators should get paid enough to be able to support a family on their moderator salary alone and you'll get laughed off the board.

I'm sure you put in time here, but guess what, a lot of us do. I also put in a lot of time on my shitter but that doesn't mean I expect my plumber to pay me well for it. I'm not trying to rip on you at all, Blondie, just the general attitude that pervades these very unique gambling forums. The expectations that everybody ought to get paid for being a part of the e-community here shows just how degenerate most of the posters here are.

If keeping drunk Teddy from telling a noob that he's going to fuck him in the ass is how one derives their primary income, my recommendation is to not make any big purchases on credit...

a job is a job no matter how you slice it up. I dj full time which basically means i make enough money to make a mortgage payment, a car payment and all else i need playing music while getting drunk every night. Does that mean my job shouldnt pay well either? Its not the job but the experience your hiring. If the reputation of the site and the integrity of the posters are important to the owners why not pay people to make sure it is executed properly?

She got laid off just like you or me could, now is not the time to kick her while she is down. I like WVU's idea much better of helping a mother of 4 who just lost her primary income.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Yeah the timing is what bothers me the most. That's what makes me feel so bad for her. It would be nice to know what was so critical that it had to be done not only this time of year, but also done on such short notice. About the only reason I would fire someone in this manner is if they had their hand in the till. If it was just something related to job performance I would have tried to wait until after the holidays. If that wasn't possible I'd have at least tried to give her more notice, let her know ahead of time to start looking for a job that we were going in another direction. Hate to bash the site but this almost sounds vindictive in nature the way it's being told right now, not something you would do to a woman with 4 kids right around the holidays. I know EOG doesn't owe anyone an explanation but I'd sure be interested in what she did that making her immediate termination was so critical to the continued success of this operation.

Blondie

EOG Master

sorry to hear the news good luck blondie

Thanks pats!

If you guy's don't think Blondie cared for all of you let me tell you that she would come over to the rubber room at therx and ask me to cool it on certain posters that were over here and even said that if I had to be an asshole to take it out on her.....She was that worried posters feelings.

I wasn't, I just took it out on her like she asked lol.......Going to miss you Blondie and before you say you're not going anywhere just not a Mod anymore that's what they all say only to leave and come back months later to rip EOG.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no reason to rip a place I enjoy and care about. This place holds a lot of memories for me some of which I still laugh about on occasions. I have met some pretty amazing people (including you lol) and am not soon to forget that. I am glad I got the chance to speak to you on the phone even if it was nothing more than teaching you how to upload videos on the site

I will miss telling you and your pretty pink pony avatar! You were much more chipper when you had that...

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I'm guessing it's not what she did, it's what she didn't.

She didn't make EOG money. Not her fault at all, but what's a company supposed to do, pay people because they're nice people or have children?

The grand age of offshore money flow is over, people. Expecting the cash cow to continue shelling it out indefinitely is ignorant and naive.

Good luck finding a new gig, Blondie.

Blondie

EOG Master

Blondie,

It's been a pleasure... I have to say you're my favorite mod of all time. BTW... those cookies are going to make some kids at an orphanage in Juarez very happy. :cheers

Thanks Archie you have always been the sweetest thing!

I'm sorry to hear this, Blondie. I hope you end up in a better spot.

Thanks Doughboy I am sure I will :)

Its been a pleasure working with you blondie, especially getting to know you over the last 5+ years. Don't be a stranger and keep in touch.

You too Tucker! Although I do miss the "make me a sandwich" threads of days past :yay

I alway love these "give me a call" theads where some kid EOG poobah "will make a call"and make it all right.

Of course ir's nonsense. And I live nonsense.

If they had anything, wouldn't it be "give HER a call?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

The last of the old school. Good luck going forward blonde one. Hope you can find something that is a worthy replacement and works out well for the family.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

It's really a shame on the timing...I believe that BetPhoenix could have been more compassionate and not let her go during the holidays...not a wise decision whoever made it...

+1

terrible news during the holidays for anyone

Blondie did not deserve to be treated this way.

WVU

EOG Master

I want her to call me, Jeff. I get $2 for the first miinute and $1.50 each additional minute

Blondie

EOG Master

Blondie,

I know how much this place means to you. I am sorry that you have to move on. Just keep in mind.......where one door closes, another opens.

The OSU family wishes you the absolute best. :thumbsup

Thanks OSU it was a pleasure to speak with you this morning as it always is! You and Mrs.OSU were always a pleasure to be around! Thank you again for dinner on the first night we all met, that has not been forgotten!

It's really a shame on the timing...I believe that EOG could have been more compassionate and not let her go during the holidays...not a wise decision whoever made it...

I know the tech department won't forget countless phone calls to them during the summer months when EOG was down almost everyday...Blondie and myself really had their ear and nothing got done until the football season started...

Viejo, I will never forgetting standing in the middle of the Musuem of Science and Industry when you call me to tell me the site is down and you couldn't get through. We had some fun and well interesting times over the past year or working together. You are definitely one of the best guys around with a heart of gold!

Oh blonde one, you will be missed for sure. I can't say I didn't see this coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. You have my number if you ever want to talk. I can even try to find work for you.

EOG should do something special for you and your family in the way of a parting gift. If they don't then I will set something up. God Bless you and your family. This is a sad day for us all.:bye

Aww that's sweet WVU but oddly enough yours is one of the few numbers I no longer have. Either way, it's not hard to find me. :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Two things you said reminded me of Seinfeld episodes, if you'll allow me to try and make you laugh. When you said things have a way of working out for you, it called to mind Kramer saying to Jerry, "you know who you are? Even Steven!" And when you said that Ken fired you and then acted like it never happened, it reminded me of the episode when George quit his job, then showed up on Monday as though it never happened in the hopes that Rick (the boss) would think he was kidding.

Seriously, though, I'm very sorry to hear the news, Blondie. I always appreciated your help on technical matters, and I'm sure you'll be missed. My best wishes to you and your family now and in the future. You've been a friend, and I'll always remember that.:cheers

Blondie

EOG Master

I understand what you are saying Weinke, and between the cost of living in my area, the fact that we own our home, and other things this was enough income that I did not need to work outside of the house. It gave me luxuries that many do not have such as being able to hug my kids when they left for school, be here when they got home, and also work around my volunteer things that I do.

As I have said, I was very fortunate for three and a half years :)

I'm guessing it's not what she did, it's what she didn't.

She didn't make EOG money. Not her fault at all, but what's a company supposed to do, pay people because they're nice people or have children?

The grand age of offshore money flow is over, people. Expecting the cash cow to continue shelling it out indefinitely is ignorant and naive.

Good luck finding a new gig, Blondie.

You are right, no one offshore is really interested in straight up advertising aside from a select few. That is why I am understanding of what happened. It's life.

I alway love these "give me a call" theads where some kid EOG poobah "will make a call"and make it all right.

Of course ir's nonsense. And I live nonsense.

If they had anything, wouldn't it be "give HER a call?

Jeff, I still have your number in my phone from when we were all in Vegas many moons ago. But then again... I haven't cleaned out my contacts in a few years...

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

How quickly some people forget in todays "what have you done for me lately" world. When Ken passed the one person that kept this place going was Blondie. She didn't let the fact that she was devastated get in her way, she came to this place to help others heal because thats just her way.

Mr Kelly, your idiotic response should have been better thought out. Blondie has been a class act her time here, you, sir, are no Blondie.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Blondie had the phone number for Jeff Jones????

Interesting

:surprised:

Blondie

EOG Master

The last of the old school. Good luck going forward blonde one. Hope you can find something that is a worthy replacement and works out well for the family.

Dio, do you remember the pink and purple forum layout :LMAO

You are all class! I can't help but chuckle when I think back about you refreshing the drama threads in the back room but never posting in them

+1

terrible news during the holidays for anyone

Blondie did not deserve to be treated this way.

It's business BigD. If it was personal, I would prefer not to know.

Two things you said reminded me of Seinfeld episodes, if you'll allow me to try and make you laugh. When you said things have a way of working out for you, it called to mind Kramer saying to Jerry, "you know who you are? Even Steven!" And when you said that Ken fired you and then acted like it never happened, it reminded me of the episode when George quit his job, then showed up on Monday as though it never happened in the hopes that Rick (the boss) would think he was kidding.

Seriously, though, I'm very sorry to hear the news, Blondie. I always appreciated your help on technical matters, and I'm sure you'll be missed. My best wishes to you and your family now and in the future. You've been a friend, and I'll always remember that.:cheers

Thanks Munson you are just about the nicest guy I have ever met. I remember being shocked the first time I saw you post a cuss word! I was in shock! Remember to keep your passwords somewhere you can find them ;)

Blondie

EOG Master

How quickly some people forget in todays "what have you done for me lately" world. When Ken passed the one person that kept this place going was Blondie. She didn't let the fact that she was devastated get in her way, she came to this place to help others heal because thats just her way.

Mr Kelly, your idiotic response should have been better thought out. Blondie has been a class act her time here, you, sir, are no Blondie.

Aww Nick hope all is well with the little ones! Business decisions are made in the best interest of the business not the employees :)

Blondie had the phone number for Jeff Jones????

Interesting

:surprised:

Jeff gave a few of us a ride back to the Luxor from the Leroy's show one time. I think that is how I ended up with his number! I will say... he is much safer to ride with than Winky :LMAO

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Aww Nick hope all is well with the little ones! Business decisions are made in the best interest of the business not the employees :)

Jeff gave a few of us a ride back to the Luxor from the Leroy's show one time. I think that is how I ended up with his number! I will say... he is much safer to ride with than Winky :LMAO

Goes without saying................for a variety of reasons.

:btj:

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Terminated? Informed on Monday? This Monday that just went by? Come on EOG, tell me this is a joke. She's a mother of 4, been here 3 1/2 years and you give her 24 hour notice she's going to be fired right before Christmas? I know business is business but my GOD what a kick in the nuts on the way out the door!!? Just my opinion but that's awful, give her a little bit of respect, a little decency as you take her income. If you can't afford to keep her through Christmas at least give her some notice so she knows it's coming. Wow, she must have really pissed in someone's Cheerios.

Blondie, you will be sadly missed. I apologize for my comments above but that is a shock this was handled the way it was. I hope I didn't derail your thread but I wouldn't have expected anything like this. Always felt you did a great job and will look for you in the future. Merry Christmas to you and your family, hope it all works out for you and your kids.

Sex sells.

I expect them to hire a young lady in their 20's who is a cock tease on the forum.

With some monthly photo shoots in some sexy EOG outfits.

C'mon guys. This joint is owned by bookies and you know they want CR strippers on the site to help convert post ups.

Sex sells.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Sex sells.

I expect them to hire a young lady in their 20's who is a cock tease on the forum.

With some monthly photo shoots in some sexy EOG outfits.

C'mon guys. This joint is owned by bookies and you know they want CR strippers on the site to help convert post ups.

Sex sells.

Not happening

Plus, they have their sex symbols in place with KELLY and KINGER

munson15

I want winners...

why would you change my post to something i did not say in a thread like this?

are you related to timely hero?
Agreed, that is out of place in this particular thread. WVU, you're better than that.:cheers

Weinke, i think you need to take into account other things like having multiple kids and getting stuff done around the house. When you can get a job like this that maybe pays a couple thousand a month (i may be way off) along with saving 15 thousand a year on daycare costs it all makes more sense. With the way the economy is, alot of people cant go out and find jobs that make up that gap. Not sure if this is the case, but you never know.