Advance bookmaking theory

msftkid

EOG Addicted
You have a 100 person store 3000 max on any game. You have a $500 player who makes 30 plays a week all year around any where from 500 to 1000. He continually beats you for 5 t0 7k a month for a year. What do you do ?? Keep booking him ?Cut him off? Or follow him?

Re: Advance bookmaking theory

Move your players to a place that knows how to book-sounds like your in a slow moving shop?

You have a 100 person store 3000 max on any game. You have a $500 player who makes 30 plays a week all year around any where from 500 to 1000. He continually beats you for 5 t0 7k a month for a year. What do you do ?? Keep booking him ?Cut him off? Or follow him?

I know all would dissagree but if he beats you for 5-7K every month for a year, then you need to lay off whatever he plays and add some for yourself. So all in all YOU FOLLOW HIM. :pop:

Why is this some sort of "advanced theory?"

If bookmaking weren't easy, it wouldn't be illegal almost everywhere.

If the guy is beating you, cut him off. I think that's like on the first page of my copy of "Bookmaking For Dummies."

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

even a squirrel can find an acorn in the winter. if he isn't beating closing number, he will lose.
i willl keep him.

$tinky

EOG Senior Member

9 out of 10 times guys comes to me and say. "this guy isn't beating the closing number" i look at his work and he actually is beating the closing number.

get somebody that knows what they are doing (no offense but you did ask) to look at his work. I can tell you with about two days worth of work if he's your customer or if you're his customer. If you are saying to yourself "what the fuck is he talking about?" All the more reason to get some help.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

short of a player who is winning on numbers no longer available to you there is no reason to ever get rid of a good payer.....follow, book or move your numbers off the dude...those are your three choices... if you use a pay per head it may get a little complicated but the bottom line is to follow anyone you believe will win and book anyone else....

Been a strange year. I have guys who haven't won in 5 years have been collecting. Trust in the #. If they ain't beating it, they will give it back.

I always wonder about this. Once you declare yourself as a "bookie,"you suddenly have all the answers" to the betting world.

Advice expounds. Sales strategy is all over the place. You are revered by the snuffie posters.

So why don't you win on both sides if you have all the answers?

Maybe you do.

I always wonder about this. Once you declare yourself as a "bookie,"you suddenly have all the answers" to the betting world.

Advice expounds. Sales strategy is all over the place. You are revered by the snuffie posters.

So why don't you win on both sides if you have all the answers?

Maybe you do.

The dog barks at midnight.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Get rid of him. :shoot:Regardless what posters on here tell you about numbers and Bookmaking theories the reality is all Books will run into a punter who they cannot beat. Your aim is to build up a clientel of losers who you can spend time with, these other punters just take up vital time and worry. :cheers

If you have 3K limits, and he plays at .5K, sharpen your line off his bets and let him continue to play, especially if he gets down early.

...money in your bank.

...if you want to save what you are giving him, take his plays and lay them off on other books who haven't moved yet; to make money, bet his plays at the max limits of the other books.

...matter of fact, do some special stuff for him to keep him around to help you out.