Cheetah, chimp from Tarzan films, dies

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated
Re: Cheetah, chimp from Tarzan films, dies

he was a wonderful actor....won four golden banana awards ...was a known trouble maker and was often reprimanded for his constant monkeying around on the set....disproved theory that nobody likes a cheetah....

cassiusclay

EOG Master

he was a wonderful actor....won four golden banana awards ...was a known trouble maker and was often reprimanded for his constant monkeying around on the set....disproved theory that nobody likes a cheetah....

he does have a sense of humor

:lolxmas

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

gave up a standup career to post hockey plays....formerly known as dinkyck.....you can look it up....

nedrow9

EOG Master

i was right in to tarzan as a kid to think that that chimp just died is mind bolgeing to me ,in the early 60s i new the show was 30 years old

mr merlin

EOG Master

Well. if the chimp has been living there for 50 years, he's pretty damn old, even if it wasn't the real cheetah.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

:lolxmas:lolxmas

Me Tarzan. You Cheetah? Last week the world, nay the universe, mourned the loss of Cheetah, the perpetually grinning chimp sidekick starring in the Tarzan films of 1930s. And then ape experts went from rending their clothes to scratching their heads.

The owner of Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor, Fla who claimed to own the real Cheetah, said he was about 80 years old when he died of kidney failure ? the oldest known living chimp is a relative spring chicken in her early 70s. Chimps in captivity are considered elderly by their mid-40s.

Imposter! Cried ape experts like R.D. Rosen, telling the Associated Press in an email Wednesday that the chimp the Suncoast Sanctuary claims was Cheetah looks like a ?business-boosting impostor.?

Indeed there is a prominent memorial on the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary website replete with a donation tab accepting most credit cards.

?I?m afraid any chimp who actually shared a soundstage with Weissmuller and O?Sullivan is long gone,? Rosen wrote.

mr merlin

EOG Master

:lolxmas:lolxmas

Me Tarzan. You Cheetah? Last week the world, nay the universe, mourned the loss of Cheetah, the perpetually grinning chimp sidekick starring in the Tarzan films of 1930s. And then ape experts went from rending their clothes to scratching their heads.

The owner of Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor, Fla who claimed to own the real Cheetah, said he was about 80 years old when he died of kidney failure — the oldest known living chimp is a relative spring chicken in her early 70s. Chimps in captivity are considered elderly by their mid-40s.

Imposter! Cried ape experts like R.D. Rosen, telling the Associated Press in an email Wednesday that the chimp the Suncoast Sanctuary claims was Cheetah looks like a “business-boosting impostor.”

Indeed there is a prominent memorial on the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary website replete with a donation tab accepting most credit cards.

“I’m afraid any chimp who actually shared a soundstage with Weissmuller and O’Sullivan is long gone,” Rosen wrote.

Hey dumbass, chimps in the wild live into their 40's - A captive one living to 80 is not at all impossible.

....must be a super slow news day to fvcking worry about Tarzan's money's age at croaking...