Yanks/Mariners near Jesus Montero/Michael Pineda deal

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Yanks/Mariners near Jesus Montero/Michael Pineda deal

Still fired but also will still have highest payroll despite being fired from acquiring more high paid players.

Integrity

EOG Master

Michael Pineda, FK

Surely you know who he is. And if you don't, you're bound to be happy this year

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Never heard of Michael Pineda. If we have to give up Montero, that doesnt exactly reek of a good deal for us. Getting rid of Montero for a guy nobody's heard of on a shitty team.

Wonderful

Integrity

EOG Master

Never heard of Michael Pineda. If we have to give up Montero, that doesnt exactly reek of a good deal for us. Getting rid of Montero for a guy nobody's heard of on a shitty team.

Wonderful

oh wow....

i thought you knew baseball

go do ur research. you guys got a very nice sp FOR YEARS

id rather have done jesus/pineda than jesus/banuelos/betances/etc for felix

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

oh wow....

i thought you knew baseball

go do ur research. you guys got a very nice sp FOR YEARS

id rather have done jesus/pineda than jesus/banuelos/betances/etc for felix

I've heard of Felix Hernandez, but, we werent 'allowed' to get him i guess. Weird.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

FK doesn't know how to take a gift from the Mariners....surprised that the Mariners gave him away...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Montero is a good prospect but giving up an arm like Pineda is mind-boggling...

Integrity

EOG Master

fk will learn the hard way

i say we dont allow him to cheer for pineda or kuroda since he's not excited :LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

fk will learn the hard way

i say we dont allow him to cheer for pineda or kuroda since he's not excited :LMAO

I could get excited, but how excited can you get by getting 2 players who are coming from losing teams. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What will happen more often

Pineda netting 15 wins for the yanks with an era under 3.60 -330
Montero hitting 30 hr's with an avg above .280 +250

Probably Pineda getting 15 wins just because he's on the Yanks. Its not impossible for a decent (but not great) pitcher to get 15 wins playing on a top team. Shit, AJ burnett had over 10 wins and he cant get out of his own way.

If this guy is as good or better than Ivan Nova, i'll be pretty happy. I'll check back with you in about 9 months.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

A-rod came from a losing team when you guys all cheered and give him 100 billion dollars.

Yeah, but he was A Rod and he was already famous. I dont mind getting a guy from a losing team whos famous....but getting a guy from a losing team that nobody but fantasy geeks have heard of is a different story.

Probably Pineda getting 15 wins just because he's on the Yanks. Its not impossible for a decent (but not great) pitcher to get 15 wins playing on a top team. Shit, AJ burnett had over 10 wins and he cant get out of his own way.

If this guy is as good or better than Ivan Nova, i'll be pretty happy. I'll check back with you in about 9 months.

Hes 100x better then nova. Im not jumpin on you, i assume you dont know pineda. Him and kuroda clinches the division by 8+ games. Both pitchers are studs. Coming from teams who cant get their heads out of there asses is why there records are what they are. I can see pineda running off 20 wins a year no problem.

Yeah, but he was A Rod and he was already famous. I dont mind getting a guy from a losing team whos famous....but getting a guy from a losing team that nobody but fantasy geeks have heard of is a different story.

Only reason Montero is even known is because hes a yankee. Very over rated imo.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Hes 100x better then nova. Im not jumpin on you, i assume you dont know pineda. Him and kuroda clinches the division by 8+ games. Both pitchers are studs. Coming from teams who cant get their heads out of there asses is why there records are what they are. I can see pineda running off 20 wins a year no problem.

I dont know Pineda, never heard of him. I dont do fantasy baseball so i dont know every player on every team. Glad to hear he's great.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

I could get excited, but how excited can you get by getting 2 players who are coming from losing teams. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

That's the problem with Yankee fans, you just summed it up. You are so spoiled and always used to getting what you want, that a decent pitcher/player, just isn't good enough for you. If it isn't a high priced, high profile player, you whine and complain. They have one 1 title in the last 10 years with those high priced players. They won 3 in 4 years with a payroll far less than what they have now. It's not all about getting every superstar and high priced players. But spoiled Yankee fans, can't come to grips with that.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

That's the problem with Yankee fans, you just summed it up. You are so spoiled and always used to getting what you want, that a decent pitcher/player, just isn't good enough for you. If it isn't a high priced, high profile player, you whine and complain. They have one 1 title in the last 10 years with those high priced players. They won 3 in 4 years with a payroll far less than what they have now. It's not all about getting every superstar and high priced players. But spoiled Yankee fans, can't come to grips with that.

Its hard not to be spoiled.

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Sabathia
Pineda
Kuroda
Burnett (probably pitch better now that the spotlight will be a little lighter)
and Nova.

That is a pretty solid starting 5. With their bullpen - this might be the best team they have had in a while. Not a Yanks fan (Jays actually) but if i was, this is something to get excited about.

Stooches

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Deep down inside, Flamingo Kid is as excited as a 7 year old getting his first baseball glove...he knows the Mariners got fleeced again...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Deep down inside, Flamingo Kid is as excited as a 7 year old getting his first baseball glove...he knows the Mariners got fleeced again...

Im getting excited now reading all these positive things from the EOG experts here. :houra

Who the fuck runs the mariners front office and got paid a million plus each to say this was even a justifiable trade? I would fire that entire front office if i was the owner and this idea even came across my desk.

Integrity

EOG Master

Who the fuck runs the mariners front office and got paid a million plus each to say this was even a justifiable trade? I would fire that entire front office if i was the owner and this idea even came across my desk.

yea...i mean, montero is legit and gonna be very nice, but much, much harder to find sp like pineda

yea...i mean, montero is legit and gonna be very nice, but much, much harder to find sp like pineda

I agree, and dont get me wrong i hope montero kills it in seattle. I guess my beef with this is montero was already getting the media love and the mariners had a chance to make him the face of the franchise rather easily and they trade him. I hope for them montero can provide the same value for them.

Integrity

EOG Master

yea, i have ties to the seattle organization so despite being a braves fan, seattle is a team i like to see do well

im seriously thinking they're gonna add prince to go with montero and get that lineup rocking

i also think iwakuma is gonna be really good for em

yea, i have ties to the seattle organization so despite being a braves fan, seattle is a team i like to see do well

im seriously thinking they're gonna add prince to go with montero and get that lineup rocking

i also think iwakuma is gonna be really good for em

getting price makes complete sense, thats there auto face of the franchise right there.

tripp

EOG Master

i dont think this is near the fleecing people think it was. Remember the yanks wouldn't give up montero for Cliff lee if i remember right.

Monetro will be a stud bat. Pineda is a great arm, but a tad overhyped imo unless he adds to his game. Very excited to have him on the Yanks, but if i had my choice I would have given up the farm for Felix instead. Felix is one of the best arms in baseball, Pineda simply has the potential to be someday.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

FWIW,IMO:
The Mariners clearly win this trade.
:shoot:

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

The Mariners are retarded

They traded one of the best young pitchers in baseball for a DH prospect