Peyton or Eli

carolinakid

Banned
we did this on the drive today.If you had that one game for all the marbles, what qb would you want.The call in here today was 3-1 on Eli side................

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Peyton or Eli

If Eli were to win his second Super Bowl ring and Peyton simultaneously announced his retirement, we could then begin a discussion of comparing the two brothers.

Until then, Peyton trumps Eli in every imaginable category.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

If Eli were to win his second Super Bowl ring and Peyton simultaneously announced his retirement, we could then begin a discussion of comparing the two brothers.

Until then, Peyton trumps Eli in every imaginable category.

Yes, it's not even close.

carolinakid

Banned

i disgree here n.england own peyton, it you want to start a team i agree peyton would be the pick, but in the playoffs you have to face it peyton he not that good..................

carolinakid

Banned

we are talking about playoffs guys not a season, there is no way way peyton is better than eli in playoff games the win and loses prove that alone

These 2 ugly fkers cost me thosands over the years. I can't win when I bet on them, or against them.

:shoot:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

CK makes a good point about Peyton's subpar performances in the playoffs.

He's 9-10 in the NFL postseason.

carolinakid

Banned

in the playoffs Eli is the best of the two imo, Eli takes the game to the other team, Peyton just try not to get hit, it simple if you watch the games both plays in the playoffs over the yrs

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Peyton 19 games 453/718 (63.1%) - 5389 yards, 29TD, 19int, 88.4 rating.
Elisha 9 games 157/258 (60.9%) - 1904 yards, 14TD, 8 int, 88.7 rating

carolinakid

Banned

again we did the thing on the drive today and most agreed that Eli would be their choice for the 1 game in the playoffs.............

diogee

7 of peyton's interceptions came in his worst 2 games...3 other 2 int games.

diogee

Peyton is a field commander. Patriots owning someone is not rare over the last 10+ years...they've been nails offensively the whole time.

carolinakid

Banned

peyton is or was a great qb in the reg season, just not in the playoffs and for my money here i would take Eli any day or week in a 1 game take all in a playoff game ..............

diogee

Stats per game aren't that much different except Peyton goes for 70+ more yds/gm. Which conference has had tougher competition the last 10 years?

carolinakid

Banned

again we are not talking about nothing than if you have 1 game in a playoff, what qb would you rather have on your side against another team.Eli was the hand down choice on the radio for that game today here

diogee

I'm not an eli detractor but still choose Peyton in his prime over elisha. I've been waiting years for eli to take the next step which I think he made this year. A 4 people vote doesn't mean much to me. Defenses mean something as well. There is no clear cut winner looking at just the stats so I go with the better overall qb. Eli more of a risk taker.

carolinakid

Banned

But in the big game, you have to take the risks at time and Eli will. Payton just wait and let the game come to him and this is why the saints kill him in his last sp

diogee

Not peyton vs eli but still a bit interesting...

After every single mistake in Peyton Manning's career you'll generally find a Patriots fans willing to say something to the extent that Tom Brady may not have the records, but he's better in the playoffs (to be fair, the same thing probably happens to Brady as well). However, that's not exactly true. Brady has built an impressive playoff reputation off of three Super Bowl wins, but he isn't necessarily better than Manning in the playoffs.

Brady's average playoff game is 22 of 35, 228 yards, 1.6 TDs, and 0.8 INTs. In 18 total games he's amassed 4108 yards, 28 TDs, 15 INTs and a 85.5 QB Rating. Meanwhile, Manning's average playoff game has been 24.2 of 38.4, 287 yards, 1.6 TDs and 1.1 INTs. Over 18 playoff games, Manning has put up 5164 yards, 28 TDs, 19 INTs, and a 87.5 QB Rating (QB rating up to date as of his 17th playoff game. His rating was 88.5 in Super Bowl 44, so the difference would be minor).

While the difference is minimal enough to probably not matter, Manning has been better in the playoffs than Brady. Manning has always been the better regular season quarterback so much that his absurd seasons don't even phase us anymore. That said, Patriots fans and Brady supporters have always cited the playoffs as a reason for Brady's superiority over Manning. Quite frankly, that just doesn't work and instead proves what most of us knew all along - the Patriots just had better teams than the Colts.

The truth is that we've continually minimized Manning's achievements. In reality, Manning is well on his way to being the single greatest quarterback to ever play football and maybe the best football player of all time. Assuming Brett Favre ever retires, Manning will hold every major passing record, already has 4 MVPs, and is actually a damn fine playoff QB regardless of what fans or the media may try to say.

diogee

Peyton allowed 31 pts in the super bowl vs the saints. Giants allowed 14 pts to one of the best offenses in nfl history in the super bowl...

carolinakid

Banned

I agree here over the yrs Peyton is one of the best qb i have ever seen in my lifetime, but this is in reg season, people view crap on rings and stuff and in this stat peyton does not get the job done, but again this guy won me more money in college over his yrs and i really like him, just not in a 1 take all playoff game in the nfl

diogee

but yet the stats peyton vs eli vs brady per/gm are very similar. maybe it boils down to defense or level of competition?

carolinakid

Banned

maybe. but again i like the risks that Eli will take in playoffs game, be it bad or good and Peyton waits for something to happen it seems in these games and try not to get hit

carolinakid

Banned

i just hope it come down to a giants/pats sp most people i talk to this week think giants is the side , so we will see and pats look to be about a 3 pt winner in that game imo

diogee

fair enough. we could all discuss until the birdz come home on this one. time for work though.

have a good night ck.

tripp

EOG Master

Hmm..let's see.

One is the best football player of all time,

One just had his first very good season of his life.

Yeah, tough choice :LMAO

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

is this a real question?......i had to look twice i thought flamingo kid started it.....ted williams.......lol

peyton manning in every possible way

carolinakid

Banned

guys you missing the point, if you had 1 game for all the marbles, this is not for a season etc, peyton has not been that good come playoff time imo...........

carolinakid

Banned

Just dont get some of the replys here, when we did this live wed, it was 3-1 for Eli,again if not for that 1 ring, peyton is just another Dan M