REPLIES 100K: mISSiON iMPoSSiBLE tHREAd

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: REPLIES 100K: mISSiON iMPoSSiBLE tHREAd

You ate fast food 3x in one day, Kinger?

PO69 would be proud. Well, he might be pissed actually unless you had bought one of his fast food coupon books first so he could make some $$$ off you.

You ate fast food 3x in one day, Kinger?

PO69 would be proud. Well, he might be pissed actually unless you had bought one of his fast food coupon books first so he could make some $$$ off you.
haha i wish i was around for all of the PO stuff, i still feel like i missed a big part of forum history on all of that.

J

joeybagadonuts

Kinger needs to unban the doc doggy death.

He'd must be fiending to try to out some new scams around here. He'd being trying all he had to get into a 30 for 30 for a shot at a free grand. Shit, he'd kill a fresh batch of puppies for a shot at that.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

just decided i don't want to work anymore. congrats to the United States...you have gained me as a loyal sponge. :scooter

J

joeybagadonuts

Not working sucks more than working, Dio.

:lock:

diogee

i like not working for a few months. watch sports, hang with friends, go out and have fun on any day, sleep in, play the occasional video game, and do whatever the hell i want. :scooter the only problem is once there is no more money to do anything.

diogee

agree, i need to get out and do some work...its been fun diogeeing it this winter, but its got to end
back to shovelins the snow before i fire you. also need that tearout on Duluth done by Wednesday evening.

diogee

you are doing it either way if you want to keeps the job. nothing wrong with tearout on duluth. nice old house that is being renovated.

diogee

it is nice in the fact that it be old and is being redone. they has already done a good bit of work to the inside. is cozy home.

it is nice in the fact that it be old and is being redone. they has already done a good bit of work to the inside. is cozy home.
Those little shacks are not money makers, too many tiny rooms and baby hallways. Money is when you get wide open areas to chew up yardage. Some day you will learn little bronie.

diogee

i'm taking extra care of this one. might buy the house once the remodel is complete. will be very nice.

what be considered tiny room? 10x10?

J

joeybagadonuts

What kind of pooch do you guys think Joey has? He looks like a Poodle kind of guy.

Animals aren't my thing, pal. I find them dirty.

My sister and her husband have a yorkie terrier that I will occasionally watch/walk for them but only bc girls will always come up and talk to me about him.

:scooter

i'm taking extra care of this one. might buy the house once the remodel is complete. will be very nice.

you either want them to be just under 12 foot or like 30x50...if under 12 foot no seam

J

joeybagadonuts

Worst time to buy a house is after a remodel in terms of value.

diogee

No seam seems like a clear cut winner. From now on I will leave anything between 144sq/ft and 1500sq/ft alone.

diogee

How do people arrange a living room with no wall between it and a kitchen equal in size?

J

joeybagadonuts

I can see the logic in that with everything being new so no depreciation. Sellers want to get their money back out of it.

It's a bit more than that.

First off, a house where everything is newly done is just more aesthetically pleasing to potential buyers. They look at it and think "wow, I can see my sofa there, I can picture myself getting read in that bathroom, etc, etc" That alone makes it much easier to sell and therefore people can justify in their minds paying a higher price for it. There is a whole 'staging' industry that makes houses appear livable when they are put on the market.

The thing is, if you can be patient and buy a busted down house and hire someone to fix it to your 'standards' its cheaper. If you are handy and can do it yourself, MUCH cheaper. Even in the horrible economy right now for houses in my area (down probably 30% from peak) my dad's construction biz has work for the next 2 years booked just from 2 guys who buy beat down houses, do a cheap remodel to get them to look up to standards based on the city/area/price range and make a KILLING. 10s of millions a year.

The other part is, there is a measurable way to tell you ~ how much value certain things will add to the value of the home. For example adding a bathroom or updating a kitchen will almost always add a higher % increase in value to an existing home vs adding a new living room or bedroom.

On the other hand, if you don't know a contractor you can trust, and you can't do some or all the work you want to do yourself, thread carefully as most of your saving can be sucked out from under you if you make a few mistakes.

I would also take the time to build an amortization chart based on the loan you'll need to buy your house (if you're taking one). It can tell you the amount of interest you'll be paying on your loan each month/year/life of the loan. Take that, then figure out the amount you'll save on taxes. After you do that, figure out how much the house will have to increase in value over time to make it 'worth it' to you to actually own said house. (I can help you with this if you need)

Either way, GL, young Bronie.

:cheers

J

joeybagadonuts

Venti Iced Vanilla Skinny Latte

Not bad.

That's what my GF drinks. I think they are way too sweet.

You need to fuck with good coffee and get off that starbucks crap.

I order fresh beans from either BlueBottle or Intelligista and make it in my french press. You'd be surprised how different and better good coffee tastes. It is naturally sweet and never bitter.

Changed my whole outlook on coffee.

diogee

Very informative post joey. Thanks.

Already in the process of buying and close in a week. Did the amortization chart but mainly to figure what I needed to pay bi monthly to get the loan knocked out as fast as I could. Didn't really look into the savings in taxes though or look for houses that needed work. Housing market is still fairly high and stingy (nobody wanting to take much of a loss even if there is some work to be done) here but has dropped off a bit from a couple of years ago.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I'll look into it. Are those the brands or websites that sell the coffee?

And I have a French Press, but I've never used it. Time to put it to work, I guess.

How do people arrange a living room with no wall between it and a kitchen equal in size?
couch recliner tv in living room...have back of couch facing kitchen, recliner in other corner, and tv in other corner. put a lamp beside the recliner and end table by the side of couch. then have coffee table in front of couch. and if you have a mini bricker, the rest of it is lined with piles of toys