Who here has been sued by a credit card company?

Re: Who here has been sued by a credit card company?

How did you get a discover card in the first place? You are 350 lbs, ugly and don't work. I think its their fault to some degree.

damn do i need to post my life history, these threads are hard to read and take 2 min to load. any option to go back to the old way?

I don't pay for food and I live with my mom and i take care of my handicap sister and my uncle with beginning stages of alzheimers

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

haven't been sued, but american express ruined my credit.
about 5 years ago my stepdaughter was rushed to the hospital here in c.r.
when i went to pay the bill, i tried to use the amex. it was
for 8500 and my limit was much higher. it was rejected.
so, i called customer service, blah blah they wouldn't okay it.
so i said you can take the card and put it you know where
and i am ripping it up as we speak. is this conversation being taped?
she said yes. well, i got charged the next years membership fee, of course
didn't pay, and my credit records show i owe amex money. i tried many times
to clear it up--unsuccessfully.

WVU

EOG Master

not for nothing bernie, but if your credit is shit there is more to it than a simple $75 membership fee from Amex. To clear it up you simply have to pay them what you owed them and wait out your time. There is nothing complex about it, but a small unpaid charge will not completely ruin anyon'e credit so there must be more creditors after you than you think. Get a copy of your credit report and take it from there.

bookraker anyone can get a credit card, but glad i don't have your attitude. Taking care of sick relatives for free is work in my book

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

wvu--haven't been to the states in 10 years, have no debts there.i know this sounds corny, but i always pay my debts, always. wish i could say for people who owe me 40,000, 45,000, 15,000 7,500 2,000. but that's a different story. i don't think you understand. you say i should pay the amex yearly membership fee even though i ripped the card up and they have it on tape???? sorry, but i have my principles.
no way. i don't need u.s. credit as i will never return. i was just discussing my situation.

WVU

EOG Master

wvu--haven't been to the states in 10 years, have no debts there.i know this sounds corny, but i always pay my debts, always. wish i could say for people who owe me 40,000, 45,000, 15,000 7,500 2,000. but that's a different story. i don't think you understand. you say i should pay the amex yearly membership fee even though i ripped the card up and they have it on tape???? sorry, but i have my principles.
no way. i don't need u.s. credit as i will never return. i was just discussing my situation.

Sorry about your problems with others. As far as Amex if you didn't cancel it they would have charged you one yearly fee which is normally $50 or $75 dollars. After about 2 months of non payment of this fee they would have locked your use of the card and eventually sent it in for collections. I am not doubting your honor, but if you didn't call them and specifically tell them you were canceling then they have every right to try to collect the fee. It is in your terms when you signed up for the card. Either way, good luck

please help in this thread and answer the questions i posted at the end

Why is one person saying i have a court date????

Came in the mail
Personal and Confidential

RE: file number discover bank vs me

Dear David,

Our client is willing to accept 150.00 per month on the balance in full. Enclosed herewith
please find an Agreed Judgement. Please sign said judgement and return it to my office
along with your first payment. this client has agreed to the payment terms, contingent
upon you signing and returning this document. Be aware that the agreed judgment will be filed
with the court as a judgement against you. Until such time as you return the Agreed Judgment
to us , we are proceding with this lawsuit.

All checks and money orders should be made payable to the creditor and sent to THIS OFFICE at the address set forth below please make checks payable to Discover Bank. It is very important that the payments are received by the due date. In the event of a default, your payment arrangement is considered void and we will execute on the judgement balance. , less credit given for payments received , if authorized to do so by our client.

If you are not agreeable to the above terms, please contact one of my assistants at ---------
to discuss a payment plan that fits your financial situation. Also please find
a Motion for Judgement on the Pleadings we have filed with court

Thank you for your promt attention to this matter. This communication is from a debt collector this letter is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used
for that purpose. This communication is from a debt collector

Yours truly and signed by them

2nd page
Discover banks vs me , ---------- district court
Agreed Judgement
1. Plaintiff shall have judgement against the defendant for the sum of 3, 542.84 , with
interest thereon of 0 percent per annum from march 31, 2011 until date of judgement , plus
an attorneys fee equal to 15 percent of this judgement balance. plus all court costs expended by the plaintiff. , all to bear interest at 12 percent per annum from the date of the judgement until this judgment is satisfied.
2. It is further agreed that if the defendant pays 150 on september 25th , 2011 with a like
payment dude on the 25th day of each month thereafter, until the full balance including principle , interest, costs are paid off. Plaintiff shall not issue execution on this Judgment
This is a final and appealable Judgement and there is no just cause for delay

Page 3 is an affidavit where i would fill out name, number, ss number, birth, employment, address, checking savings, etc

page 4 is there direct debt authorization

page 5 is Motion for judgement on the pleadings

NOTICE
Please take notice that the undersigned will on October 13th, 2011 at 1 30 pm in the
Courtroom of the above court make the motion and tender to the attached judgement

Comes the plaintiff, by council and moves the court for a judgement on the pleadings on behalf of the plaintiff and against the defendant herein.
In support of said Motion, plaintiffs counsel attaches hereto a copy of the response received from the defendant. , after the defendant was served with Summons to this matter. Said response constitutes and admission of the averments of the plaintiffs counsel. Plaintiff also attaches hereto documentation supporting cause of action . Therefore , the defendant
is entitled to a judgement as a matter of law.

Certificate signed

Next page was a copy of my defense the got from me and the clerks office
next page is a copy of last statement where it shows internal chargeoff , interest charged in 2011 and so on

Then several pages of the credit card agreement

Okay i guess im asking what is this. Did the court issue this judgement? I see nothing of a court date for me or anything from the court or clerks office. Is this just another attempt , i assume they must of received something from the court or no? It does say they will be in my court on october 13th 2011. Do i need to be there? How do i respond, and above it stated it was appealable, but don't know what i would appeal

Also if i could afford 150 a month i would do it but not after all the harrassement , that i don't have proof of. Im sure alot of you read my last post regarding this , so Im here asking for advice. Can't believe they are really gonna drive 5 hours to this court just for me, or perhaps they are doing others also. I guess i would get a court date later on after they appear in court that day

thanks for your time

pvcpipe

EOG Master

1. No, the court has not issued the judgement

2. Your court date is October 13th, 2011

3. This is a trial setting. If you do not show up, they will take a judgement against you and garnish if they can. If you DO show up, then explain to the court why you do not owe the money they claim.

4. You can appeal it from District to Circuit court, but you won't, so why worry about it.

don't bitch about not answering your questions because i just answered them all

1. No, the court has not issued the judgement

2. Your court date is October 13th, 2011

3. This is a trial setting. If you do not show up, they will take a judgement against you and garnish if they can. If you DO show up, then explain to the court why you do not owe the money they claim.

4. You can appeal it from District to Circuit court, but you won't, so why worry about it.

don't bitch about not answering your questions because i just answered them all

In the earlier threads, it sounded like you do owe the money but can't pay, so there's no reason to show up in court. You will lose either way. If you have assets or a job, they can get the money. If you have no assets or a job, there is nothing to get so move on with your life.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

In the earlier threads, it sounded like you do owe the money but can't pay, so there's no reason to show up in court. You will lose either way. If you have assets or a job, they can get the money. If you have no assets or a job, there is nothing to get so move on with your life.

i think he disputes the total amount owed. maybe i read it wrong.

huh????????????????????????????????????

I have a court date???????????????????????????????????????????

that was not sent my the court, if i had a court date, court would send me something, i think your wrong

pvcpipe

EOG Master

huh????????????????????????????????????

I have a court date???????????????????????????????????????????

that was not sent my the court, if i had a court date, court would send me something, i think your wrong

They sued you. You had a limited time to respond. On October 13, that time will have elapsed. So on that day, they will show up in court. Then they will ask the court for the judgement against you.

texansfan

EOG Master

Quit paying for internet.

Seriously people, quit wasting your time with this guy. He made the same thread at SBR and was told the same damn thing and he still doesn't get it.

i pay for internet??? uh no, i dont pay for internet and no i don't steal internet.

If you have nothing of value to post, don't post

and no tuck you never paid me for my 10th place last week

pcpipe, if u look at 1st post, they already did this once, wow can u read

texas fan, i wasn't told crap at sbr but alot of bull

texansfan

EOG Master

You're being told the same stuff over and over. Basically there will be a judgement against you.

when will there be a judgement against me. Why would their be a 2nd attempt when they tried to get a judgement on the 1st one

rickdee

EOG Senior Member

Warrior your sick in the head- you own nothing so who gives a shit.... you owe fucking 3500!!! I am sure the lawyer on the other side will be gettting that much from the CCC.

new letter in the mail today

Dear Mr Robinson

Please contact my office at ---------- and speak to one of my assistants at your earliest convenicence to discuss settlement or payment arrangements to this matter . Thank you

This letter is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtaind will be used for that purpose. this communication is from a debt collector.
Signed by them

a 2nd letter also came same time in the mail

RE: Notice of hearing on plaintiff's motion for judgement on the pleadings.

Disover bank vs me

Please take notice that the undersigned will on october 27th, 2011 at 1 30 pm in the courtroom of the above tender its previously filed motion for judgment on the pleadings for hearing.

So i guess this means they are coming to court to file something again against me and at a later date I will go to court???

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated

I have had many experiences with credit card companies. They ruled in my favor everytime. One time, my credit card company sent me a letter saying that I owed $2,000 and they considered the matter closed. It was only the beginning. Long story short, I advised them I knew my rights and instructed them to wipe clean the 2 grand or suffer the consequences.

I received a letter back from them saying, "good news", the $2000 charge has been taken off my bill.

My advice: Since you are no longer dealing with the credit card co.(too bad, you would be surprised to find how much rights you have when dealing with the cc company), is ignore it.

looks like i lost , i got a letter in the mail today by the court clerk and signed by the judge

It says disover bank vs me

Motion having been made the the plaintiff for a judgement on the plaintiff on the pleadings and the court being duty and sufficiently advised in the premises

It is hereby ordered that the plaintiff be awarded judgement on the pleadings against the defendant for the sum of 3,542. 84 with interest thereon at the rate of 12 percent per annum from the date of the judgement until the judgement is satisfied

Ok, now what?? I have no money to pay, will i eventually go to jail? If its 12 percent does that mean ill end up eventually owing over 5 grand and so on and so on and eventually over ten grand

update;

They applied for motion again on thursday and this time , its something different. Instead of paying the attorneys sueing me. I know owe the court.

The court wants payment of 313.19 cents by march 9th or i will be arrested. I tried to tell people that it will eventually be a court thing and not a credit card issue.

I now make payment to the court and then the court pays them. Treated exactly the same as non child support payments and cold checks.

Correct,the 1st time they just won judgement and tried to collect and saw they could get nothing, but once the motioned a 2nd time for judgement, i pay the court and not Main Street Acquistition group out of cincy.

Yes if i had money to settle, they would settle, call the court and change the arrangements if allowed.

But for now, its payment to the court due on march 9th with a pre stamped envelope or pay in person.

turns out sbr and eog is wrong, not sure who all is familiar with my case, but the advice i got was horrific.

I tried to tell people you can go to jail for non payment to CC companies. They won judgement against me before but i had nothing to pay and it got thrown out or something, really have no idea, so they motioned again and now i owe
4,302.72 cents plus interest in the sum of 213.13 cents through dec 12 2011,
plus interest at the rate of 8 percent annum until paid.

i do not make the payment to the people that bought the CC account. I pay the court.

The money i pay goes to the court and i have to pay like 200 a month within 30 days or i will get arrested. Just talked to the judge at the gym, talked to sherrif's department and its been verified that this is what happens.

Non CC payments where i live in ky is exactly the same as writing cold checks.

This was like 3,400 when i got summoned. I guess with interest this could end up over 6 k in time.

I hope you rot in jail. :finger004

I'm sure you will find a boyfriend in there. :lock:

all jails are single with cameras in every room and nobody could do anything to me in jail anyway.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

all jails are single with cameras in every room and nobody could do anything to me in jail anyway.

yep sounds like every jail i've ever seen. minus the third world conditions, bullying, and rapes.

extrapoint

EOG Member

These cc collectors are something else... I just ignored them for years and didnt bother to answer any of the summons I got... I eventually got a small inheritence and called all of them and asked what they would accept to settle... every single one, about 5 offered me a less than 50% deal to settle for less. All except one outfit... they wanted every penny so I just made them wait longer and within 9 months they cam back with 65% of debt to settle. You got to figure that if it is a seriously outstanding debt then the lions share of it is interest and penalties. They are really working off the principle amount at this point and are usually more than willing to just recover that approximate amount. Your report will show you settled for less but eventually goes away and if you have been summoned then your at the point where it is gonna take 3 to 7 years for that to clear with the databanbks so what does it matter...

extrapoint

EOG Member

These cc collectors are something else... I just ignored them for years and didnt bother to answer any of the summons I got... I eventually got a small inheritence and called all of them and asked what they would accept to settle... every single one, about 5 offered me a less than 50% deal to settle for less. All except one outfit... they wanted every penny so I just made them wait longer and within 9 months they cam back with 65% of debt to settle. You got to figure that if it is a seriously outstanding debt then the lions share of it is interest and penalties. They are really working off the principle amount at this point and are usually more than willing to just recover that approximate amount. Your report will show you settled for less but eventually goes away and if you have been summoned then your at the point where it is gonna take 3 to 7 years for that to clear with the databanbks so what does it matter...

TrailerParkBoys

EOG Veteran

They called me often.....If it was a female caller I'd start talking dirty to them.

They kept calling back after the credit cards were paid off!

jajajajajja

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I'm trying to figure out the laws of your state. I'm in Calif. and work for an attorney service.

What they originally served you was a complaint or summons and complaint. In our state you get 30 days to answer. I believe you said you answered the complaint, but didn't serve the opposing attorneys with your answer. If it's still under the 30 day period, or whatever your state requires, make a copy of your answer and also fill out a Proof of Service form and serve the law firm that is suing you. That will make everything legit.

They then will probably send you Form Interogetories which asks you every question in the book. If you don't fill out these forms, they will file for a default and try to throw out your answer.

By the way, if your state is like Calif., you don't have to pay to have the law firm served. Anyone 18 years of age or older can serve them for you, like a friend or relative.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I will now and see if I can help you out a little more.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I'm trying to figure out the laws of your state. I'm in Calif. and work for an attorney service.

What they originally served you was a complaint or summons and complaint. In our state you get 30 days to answer. I believe you said you answered the complaint, but didn't serve the opposing attorneys with your answer. If it's still under the 30 day period, or whatever your state requires, make a copy of your answer and also fill out a Proof of Service form and serve the law firm that is suing you. That will make everything legit.

They then will probably send you Form Interogetories which asks you every question in the book. If you don't fill out these forms, they will file for a default and try to throw out your answer.

By the way, if your state is like Calif., you don't have to pay to have the law firm served. Anyone 18 years of age or older can serve them for you, like a friend or relative.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I will now and see if I can help you out a little more.

I didn't realize this thread was so old. But this might help someone else who winds up in the same boat.