5.5-magnitude earthquake rattles Northern California

railbird

EOG Master
Re: 5.5-magnitude earthquake rattles Northern California

Probably a judgement on the queers. Pray the gay away.

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: 5.5-magnitude earthquake rattles Northern California

Hey Rail, I hope some 'queer' puts a bullet in your head.

Or would 'god' save you?

:LMAO

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
It was more than we usually feel but nothing alarming. I only knew it was happening because I could hear the chandelier in the living room shaking back and forth and mom pointed it out

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Juuuuuuuuuuuuuust had another one. I've been living in SoCal for some time. This one was a long one and shook the place but good.

I guess i got out of that shithole just in time. About time for a major one like that to hit somewhere near a populated area. They dodged a bullet with it hitting out in the middle of nowhere.

7.1 somewhere around Long Beach what would that do? Or Santa Ana Take out 3 or 4 major freeways at either of those spots. Fantasy land thinking the buildings will take a 45-60 second rolling 7.0 or greater quake. It was about 125 miles from anywhere and everyone freaking out about it.

Found it interesting last night listening to USGS reps talk about future occurrences. Within the next week 100% chance of 5.0 or larger, 50% chance of 6.0 and 10% chance of 7.0. Said aftershocks could last for up to a year.

What if that 7.0 was also a foreshock? When the 6.4 hit every one acted like it was 'the big one' because it was the biggest in a long time (bigger than I saw in 20 years there) until the next day anyway.

Only a matter of time. If it ever hit near anything populated it would kill 30% of the people there probably.

mr merlin

EOG Master
What if that 7.0 was also a foreshock? When the 6.4 hit every one acted like it was 'the big one' because it was the biggest in a long time (bigger than I saw in 20 years there) until the next day anyway.

Only a matter of time. If it ever hit near anything populated it would kill 30% of the people there probably.
I guess we'll find out if the second one was a foreshock.

Valuist

EOG Master
How close was this to Bakersfield? Sounds like they were fortunate to have no fatalities. Apparently Kern County had a 7.3 years ago and 12 people died.